Post things you really wanna wear but you can't because it's social suicide on some level

Post things you really wanna wear but you can't because it's social suicide on some level.

Most of Rick Owen's weird stuff.

I honestly like it, but there's no way I wouldn't look retarded, especially since I live in the southern us

>social suicide

if somebody wouldn't like or associate with you because you wore a piece of cloth around your neck, is that really somebody you want in your life?

it's not like you're wearing it to a job interview. stay as normie as you need to in your work life. fine. but off the clock, why would you compromise? if you want to wear a choker, wear a damn choker. what does it matter what anyone else thinks?

i'm going to assume that you're a heterosexual male. are you worried that women won't fuck you because you wear a piece of cloth?

whatever you're into, there's someone out there who is into it too, and there are even more people who are willing to look past it. why would you want to associate with anyone else in the precious free time you have on this earth?

do you really think that you would ultimately find happiness dating some girl who would stop liking you because you wore that? someone whose mind is so closed and judgmental? i don't think you would.

here's the thing: you don't actually WANT toxic or vapid people in your life. the idea is to get people with substance in your life. if you do something unconventional, you're actually actively filtering out all of the normie trash from the start. that's a good thing.

Why would a choker be social suicide? They're pretty popular.
Unless you're guy, then, maybe

its not so much as they'll avoid you simply because of a "piece of cloth around your neck" moreso what it stands for as a statement in 2017 for a (heterosexual) male
you cant really dismiss everyone who thinks badly of you if you wear a choker as a guy as vapid and judgemental, you could honestly be the nicest guy out but the way you present yourself physically is key to actually forming relationships
i get your train of thought in the instances where you state "why care about the opinions of people you don't care about" but its really not as simple as that

mm, beyond immediate survival or income (re: your job, which i advised should be where you present as normie as you need to) it really can be that simple.

you don't actually have to talk to or bother with anyone that you don't want to. you can accept that people won't like you (and you should accept this, because no matter what you do or say there will be people who don't like you) and then realize that you don't need them to like you. you don't need anything from them, actually. they can fuck off forever and your life isn't actually that different.

i'm a guy and sometimes i wear skirts and makeup. it makes some people not like me when i do. but that doesn't really matter. i don't need them to like me. and if they're not going to like me on the basis of the clothes i'm wearing, then i also don't even really want them to like me. that's not the kind of person i care to have in my life.

tl;dr it really is that simple.

high heels. not in a transexual crossdressing sort of way.

cute

I get a fucking insta boner when I see a girl wearing these

Oh and kys fag

do you even read the threads you shit up

skirts

No

i think it comes down to if wearing the choker is an extension of yourself and your beliefs or if you wear it for fashions sake
the latter of which is what i was arguing, the former i believe is what youre saying
makes sense

Cowboy boots my man. Tony Llama make some mighty high heels, if you're willing to compromise.

If you think chokers are edgy and may risk your social standing, jfc you must be boring.

>t. social outcast
this is literally something retards think

suspenders
way more comfy than belfs

I'm the most masculine looking guy in my circle but I really want a cute feminine hairclip in my hair, I stole a white pearlescent shimmery thing encapsulated in gold from my mom and look at myself in the mirror with it sometimes.

Eyeliner

Anything can be worn correctly if it's worn by the right individual. You just have to be at the right place at the right time, making sure you fit all the criteria in order to be dressed properly.

>rambling this much for something which only requires a few lines to be said

yeahokpal

>he's willing to give up his desires for comfort and social acceptance out of cowardice

yeahokpal

Why not wear pants that fit?

post pics

Same desu. Though I'd wish for my hair to be longer

I know a dude who does this and its fine you might get a couple of weird looks from older people but Jo one should really care at all

>typing more than two lines
>"LOL LOOK AT THIS TRYHARD LOL YOU ARE SO INARTICULATE"

>Anything can be worn correctly if it's worn by the right individual. You just have to be at the right place at the right time, making sure you fit all the criteria in order to be dressed properly.
i.e i have nothing actually valuable to add to the conversation so im just going to drop an extremely broad bazinga thats short and sounds nice but more or less means absolutely fucking nothing

how to get mugged on the street

Effay as fuck.

on some level i wished we all lived in a transmetropolitan-esque society where everyone presented themselves however they'd like without fear or shame, but on the other hand it's probably for the best that we have socially enforced guidelines on how we dress.

this

if you're the most masculine you'd probably look good honestly

i think that would be really cool
post pics

All social stigma side, this probably won't look good on you on account of your adam's apple.

I'd paint my nails black all the time if it weren't for work.

I just wanna wear a poncho without looking like a dirty hippy or something
They look so comfy

That's a nice thought but being a social outcast is not a particularly pleasant thing and many people who you will need things from will judge you over superficial shit.

I never answered the question but here's what I'd wear if I wasn't afraid of the repurcussions:

>toga like the ancient greek philosobros did
>leather jacket and underwear and nothing else
>would likely never wear a shirt or shoes anywhere like nathan in ex machina

yeahokpal

If you want to start wearing makeup try it at a concert or festival to get comfortable with it. Nobody bats an eye

nailpolish as a dude desu

if you live in any kind of liberal/highly populated area it's fine senpai

>tfw you live in an area where you'd get your head kicked in for it

Just paint your toes and hide it.
I know that screams "I'm a fucking pussy", but I understand there really are some places where stepping outside social rules can fucking ruin you and I sympathize with anyone that has to live there.

Nah painted toenails look shit, fingernails for life.

want to dress like this honestly. i love the look of riding pants and boots. good generalissimo vibes as well

>if somebody wouldn't like or associate with you because you wore a piece of cloth around your neck, is that really somebody you want in your life?
Sounds like something a normie would say.

I'd like to tie my hair back in a queue with a silk ribbon. I'd probably get murdered for it, though.

>But user, I live in a rich, non-diverse neighbourhood and have lots of well-educated friends, it's crazy for normal humans like you and me to fear violence!

A red kilt.

And my battle jacket too.

Honestly if I saw someone wearing a choker I would actively avoid talking to them. Sorry dude

threads like these are just encouraging Veeky Forumsgs to dress as boring as possible

this is the opposite of what Veeky Forums needs right now

>copped a poncho recently
>tfw have the confidence, but have no idea how to fit it into my wardrobe

Now I'm searching online for inspo pics, will probably make a thread once I have a clear direction on how to make it work.

cool i would want to wear this when i go out with friends

honestly im really good looking and wear rick, julius etc and nobody gives a damn. its all about how you look body/face wise. i weard weird fashionable clothes. it just make me more spesial, bad thing about it is that girls wont dare to approach you unless they are drunk. wich is kindoff a turnoff

ok

it doesn't matter if youre confident, you have to be attractive first

>probably for the best
How the fuck?

Fuck Tony Llama. White trash tier shit. Buy Anderson Beans

top-fucking-kek

Nazi shit
Those motherfuckers climbed to the pinnacle of the Mount Olympus of aesthetics and made it radioactive for a thousand years with their bugfuck insanity.
Goddamnit.
Stupid sexy SS soldaten.

It doesn't look particularly comfortable.

If I can find someplace that sells a high quality poncho that looks exactly the same as Goldie's then I'd buy that shit in an instant.

what exactly do you need from another person? assuming this person does not sign your paycheck

Super skinny jeans and black nail polish : am a dude

Why are the eyes so big?

That's got to be a filter or something, right?

Neon pink accessories like watch, cap
Though i am not going full pink with shirt and pants

>social suicide
the fuck are you directly from tumblr?

hey loser where whatevr the fuck you want lol
kinda the point of this board
but yeah you dont remember trunks newfaggg

My MAGA hat.

im from california and that shit flies, most girls thinks its cool desu. Girls are dumb enough to think of it as being "different' and thats like a big deal over here

To each their own. It's sharp but they look a bit try hard IMO.

It's not edgy. The problem is that I don't want some dudebro saying "huhu, black belt in anal" etc.
Generally it's just considered both juvenile and slutty, it makes it hard to wear since I'd like to be respected and treated normally. Similarly hard to wear uggs because everyone thinks they're super ugly. I admit "social suicide" was the wrong phrasing, but I did add "on some level" to imply it could be differing degrees of social faux pax.
not a male.
this is accurate.
what's with the presumptions? it's not even uncommon for us to be on Veeky Forums.
That's the point of the thread.

these, or anything else that looks like a collar

>Similarly hard to wear uggs because everyone thinks they're super ugly.
They are super ugly, and are all kinds of awful for your feet. They're winter Crocs, TBQH

agreed

What's stopping you from wearing it? I live in other countries and it would be edgy for me to wear a hat with 'America'.

I live in Melbourne, Australia.

All of my friends are left-leaning. I wore it once, and some found it funny while most others (especially the females) didn't think so.

This
and not exactly 'wearing', but I want to dye my hair pink. Too bad practically everyone around me would talk behind me and start avoiding me like cancer.

yes thanks for proving my point

platinum blonde hair
im 6´3 muscular and brown
would probably look like the biggest faggot on earth

if u have masculine aesthetics and a decent jaw you'll look fine like that guy in the pic, do it

To uphold a sense of togetherness in society, I guess. I could be wrong.

Yeah, that's the rub. The other rub.
They earned that look by being the hardest motherfuckers on the planet, at the time. How the fuck do you compete with that?

Next level techwear is great, to, but we don't really have the technology yet.

I do love how much more aesthetic vehicles have gotten over the past ~10 years.

>what's with the presumptions?
because it's not social sucidie at all for a woman to wear a choker you dumb bint

It's an illusion created by the light makeup around the eyes and colour contact lenses that increase the size of the iris.

but it is on some level, you dumb dork.

I want to paint my nails. I have been considering it for this semester since I've gained some confidence and it's not like I have friends to lose.

just go for it, I paint my nails all the time. Dark red, black and white look the nicest imo.

Thanks. I think I will. I'd probably go black since i'm an edgy cunt and go from there.

"on some level", what the fuck are you on about? A person doesn't just "slightly" commit suicide. A chick wearing a choker is not anything close to "social suicide". Having somebody make jokes about you, or thinking it looks a bit silly is not social suicide.

guy in the pic looks like a nigger faggot

whatever, I already said that I phrased it wrong earlier. The point is that I wish I could wear it without being looked down on.

You can barely wear anything outside a few restricted things without being looked down upon by somebody. Most of the stuff on this board will make the wearer look like a faggot to other people. I seriously hope you don't let that alone stop you.

Wearing a choker is more of a faux pax almost anywhere than even wearing a fedora is for guys, so I don't know how you think it's comparable.

Well the only way to un-faux pas it is to confidently go out with it and make your statement. Black people did it with afros, white people did it with skinny jeans.

Correct.

An old Russian proverb goes: "вcтpeчaют пo oдeжкe, пpoвoжaют пo yмy"

It essentially means that people meet/greet you by your looks, so that you can later lead them to your mind/personality.

Looks are everything in today's world, and frankly, they always have been. It's just that it matters now more than ever since traditions are being thrown out the window and social circles are exponentially large and ever more precedent. So, word gets around and it sticks.

What I'm trying to say is that people stick to what they know and what's deemed normal, and as a result will look at you differently if you venture outside the norms. So if you want to go ham on how you look, and not care what anyone thinks, then go ahead... but it will come at a cost. You will severely limit your employment capabilities and friendships/relationships, depending on how extreme your deviance is.

My advice: Be a normie, but only in the outside world. You can dress how you want in your own home and near people who are comfortable with you. If you don't, nothing bad will happen to you, except that people's first impression of you will be very much off from who you really are and it could damage whatever reputation or job opportunities you had.

>than even wearing a fedora is for guys
lol no it isn't

I find it humorous that people on this board who clearly care what others think (otherwise you would have no reason to be fashionable) tell you not to care what others think.

>bawww I do fashion for myself

No you don't. Unless you dress completely uniquely and never leave the house, then you dressing up is always for some form of validation you get from other people reacting to your outfit.

Yeah, it is

Except there's always that awkward moment where your normie friends catch you in your element somewhere and all you can do is nervously and apologetically try to avoid them. It's better to just be yourself, all memes aside.

Yeah, but friends are friends. They're hardly gonna leave you because you dance around the house in your banana hammocks. It's who you might be, but you have to realise that just because your friends tolerate it/don't mind it, doesn't mean the whole world will. Know when to drop the hammocks and pick up the suit.