What are some of history's most epic moments ?

What are some of history's most epic moments ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septimania#Muslim_Septimania
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraxinet
youtube.com/watch?v=5PeN1k9AAMg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Chinese_memes_war_on_Facebook
youtube.com/watch?v=3lMcZDho2UY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Empel
youtube.com/watch?v=ffeOvwBYkf4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Everything wrong with that image

Cambrai.

Moses leading the Jews out of slavery in Egypt and leading them to the Holy Land that God had promised them.

The March on Rome. Crossing the Rubicon 2.0

Fall of Constantinople, the last breath of the Roman Empire.

this is where everything went wrong

The fourth Crusade. It collapsed the lungs of the Roman Empire.

The Fall of Berlin, 1945

The Justinian plague. When the Roman Empire started to cough a bit too hard.

Cortez's entire expedition against the Aztecs reads like something from an HBO series.

Stalingrad

That should become the new Vikings.

Came in here to post this.

I've seen unbelievable things in my life, good and bad, but it would still be hard to comprehend this event, when even less than a century ago the advent of the front lawn was still a surreal sight.

Everyone except Moses and Aaron probably thought they were in a dream.

I'd pay money to see that

The cavalry charge at Beersheba.

>dat cornicen just chilling out with his jam.

Aeneas fleeing Tory and traveling to Italy. The planting of the seed of the Roman Empire.

> Moment
> 40 years

Still amazing though!

The cavalry charge at Vienna

The Ottomen had bad luck with those.

no, it would be nice if it was historically accurate.
Vikings could straight up have claimed to be a fictional setting from the outset from the start, change the names of the characters, and no one would realize it was addressing a specific point in viking history, it is that bad.

The Crusades anyone?

The Battle of Catalaunian Plains. The final battle of the old Empire.

The paras defeating the Argentines at Goose Green. Forever cementing that the whitest country on earth will never own the Falklands.

Poitiers and the end of the high tide of Islam.

I could envision a /tv/ series loosely based around Cortez but staring a relatively unknown or even fictional Conquistador.

>What are some of history's most epic moments
>history's most epic moments
>history

>defeat a scouting party
>"WE DEFEATED THE ENTIRE CALIPHATE AND SAVED EUROPE YAY"

The destruction of Jerusalem and the taking of the menorah.

Bar Kokbah revot.

400,000 - 600,000 Jews dead. Thousands of Roman civilians dead.

Two whole legions erased. Around 80,000 to 180,000 legionaries dead.

The first cataclysmic guerilla war I know of. Full fanatacism.

>20000 strong scout party
>Somehow after this scouting party is defeated the Muslims never come back to France.

The battle of Vienna. The zenith of Ottoman expansion in Europe.

Also the inspiration of the siege of Minas Tirith and battle of Pelennor Fields along with

neither history nor a moment

>>>/isr/

They did, actually

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septimania#Muslim_Septimania

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraxinet

There's a video game for that.

Truly the Roman were unsung heroes trying to stop the spread of Abrahamic and monotheistic religion

>Historys most epic mistakes

>Alfred's victory against Guthrum at Ethandun

The whole thing, the Vikings surprising Alfred at Chippenham and running over the entire kingdom of Wessex, Alfred's fleeing to Athelney and spending months there as the last hope of the Anglo-Saxons, and then he coming back to defeat the Danes.

>Battle of Ain Jalut

Two years after the fall of Baghdad, the Mongol tide is turned back.

>Retreat of the Czechoslovak Legions through Siberia during the Russian Civil War

The Anabasis of the 20th century.

>Battle of Lepanto

The only reason why there isn't a epic movie about it is because Hollywood is owned by Christ-hating Jews,

fucking Veeky Forumstorians every time

>The only reason why there isn't a epic movie about it is because Hollywood is owned by Christ-hating Jews,

There are plenty of Christian-themed movies, though, Kingdom of Heaven and that one about Moses from a year or two ago to name some recent ones.

>history
lel

Kingdom of Heaven allowed to have sympatethic muslims thanks to Saladin. Moses is not offensive at all for jews.

The 2 or 3 days it took from a war in the balkans to the greatest war in human history.

This. Your could tell it 100% accurately and with the only fiction being the exact character interactions and it would be insane.

>Kingdom of Heaven allowed to have sympatethic muslims thanks to Saladin.
There is no good or bad in history. The film can portray either the Ottomans or The Holy League as the good guys, or both in a good/bad grey area, if they like.

>Moses is not offensive at all for jews.
Except most of those "Christ-hating Jews" are atheist, they're not religiously Jewish, only ethnically. By that logic they should have just as much distaste if not more for figures like Moses.

It's unbelievable because it didn't happen

>2 or 3 days
There's an Extra History series you might want to check out

It was 5 days from the Austrian declaration on Serbia to the German declaration on France.

mandatory post

Is that image from a book/graphic novel? If so, do you have the name?

This desu fampai. Or the surrender of Cornwallis at Yorktown.

Also the charge of the winged hussars/allies at Vienna would have been crazy to witness. 20,000 cavalry coming at me is a picture that i can't really even comprehend

>Napoleon dissolving the HRE
>Battle of Yarmouk
>German conquest of France
>Battle of Verdun

/thread

This image offends me

>>/x/

I wrote a paper on the fall for mid-east history course at uni. depressing af. i was particular sad that Constantine XI he asked for help and almost no Christians cared and many rooted for him to fail. sad. then! you find out Russia could have gotten it if they had not fallen to communism during ww1. I guess it wasn't meant to be, or was meant to be, however you look at it.

you fag can even undestand how of a game changer this was

sure. it shaped/caused/started the Christian era in Europe. good choice.

nor an empire

youtube.com/watch?v=5PeN1k9AAMg

Having recently binged on both seasons of rome, this video pleases me

You clearly had no idea what you are talking about. The umayyad took cities in southern France before and after the battle. It was clearly more than just a scouting party.

Succeding where westerners are afraid to even try, recovering what's yours after centuries.

>implying there is an iota of archaeological or literary evidence outside the Bible that the Hebrews were ever slaves in Egypt.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraxinet

>muslim pirates in the alps

what the fuck

hARO L D:-REX:-INTERFEC TVS:EST

Crusade of Varna

>Venice
>Poland
>Hungary
>Croatia
>Bohemia
>Lithuania
>Serbia
>Wallachia
>Moldavia
>Bulgaria
>Holy >Roman >Empire
>Papal States and whoever served under them
>Teutonic Order
vs
>Ottoman Empire

>Result: Decisive Ottoman victory

>more states fighting for a side means that side is stronger
not how it works senpai

Wait wasn't bulgaria already part of the ottoman empire by that time.

That would mean that the ottomans were the better statesmen.

Honestly Christians should all just be fucking shot their collective retardation is a blight on humanity

If we shot all the Christians and all the Muslims and Jews just think how much better it would be

Battle of Kursk

People shit on Jews but I agree that would have been a monumental achievement for them all, something that'll be a part of Jewish Tradition from now on until the end of time

Those are westerners...

>a world full of 40 year old, 300 kilo neckbeards fucking MLP plush dolls on the streets

Kek

Shame the war turned out to be a 50 year stalemate. I guess that is why it is little know to some people.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Chinese_memes_war_on_Facebook

I thought that was Constantine for a second.

Cuban Missile Crisis -> Bay of Pigs Invasion

With one reckless movement, there would be nothing left.

Imagine capital of >H> R> E in hands of Ottomans.

>implying it wasnt just all just a big jerkoff between the two bluffing

youtube.com/watch?v=3lMcZDho2UY

The Great Emu War

that pic is triggering my historical autism

meh

It wasn't a specific moment but IMO the most epic thing in history was Hannibal's campaign in Italy. Alexander obviously was a more successful conqueror but what he did was much less difficult then what Hannibal did (not saying what Alexander did was easy).

>tfw for literally 15 years straight he rampaged around in an enemy land far from his home with the odds against him
>for 15 years having to obtain supplies, new soldiers and their salaries all the while being the biggest target of the super-power whose heartlands you are running around in.
>going up against bigger and better-supplied armies only for them to get BTFO
>did all of this with only one working eye (he lost one to infection in his first year in Italy)

He entered Italy when he was about 29 years old and left it when he was around 44. Thats a third of his entire life at that point spent fighting continuously in Italy. Think about your entire life and imagine if you had spent the last third of it commanding an army campaigning the whole time around in a foreign land against a stronger and better-supplied force. It really boggles the mind.

The territory he spent most of his time in declared for him early tho, Hannibal even complained how the easy life among his allies sapped his men's will to fight.

The Arab siege of Constantinople, the Arabs were already decisive with their conquests and fresh to conquer the City until the Greek Fire was made and scorched their asses back to the sea.

Battle of empel:
>The situation for the Spanish looked desperate. A Spanish soldier who was digging a trench around the church commented "this is more likely to be my grave than a trench". As he dug, he found a painting representing Mary of the Immaculate Conception. Bobadilla interpreted the discovery as a sign from God, and had the painting put on the Spanish flag for worship.

>That night, an unusual and completely intensely cold wind that chilled the waters of the River Meuse broke. The Dutch ships had to be withdrawn to prevent them being stucked in the ice. This made it possible for the remaining Spanish troops to escape to the safety of 's-Hertogenbosch. Admiral Hohenlohe-Neuenstein went on to say: "It seems that God is Spanish to work for me so great miracle ".
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Empel

t. Sanjay Patel

Napoleon's return from exile

youtube.com/watch?v=ffeOvwBYkf4

this.
how has nobody already said this

kek, Venice at the end.
How awkward

Anyone ?