Watch General

You niggas blow through these threads fast.
Any and all things watch related post here.
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fratellowatches.com/tbt-seiko-7a38-chronograph/
ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-7a38-7190-All-Original-Clean/322378291794?_trksid=p2050601.c100607.m4280&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=37140&meid=7e423276cf704f5196067f257c7fe412&pid=100607&rk=2&rkt=4&sd=162344501756
youtu.be/wj56R12eYEA?t=50s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTY.
>WEARING WATCHES.

Ah, well enjoy it then!

You must be pretty interested in these watches as the first poster everytime, maybe you should just buy one?

He posts it because people like you reply to him every time

Lets see some useful complications

Wow, that looks amazing. As a watch newb, I have to ask: are these still in production? Reverse image search suggests not, but I want to believe. Any similar seikos out there?

>Annual calendar
Alright that must have been hard to implement, but do you really need to label "friday december 30" the ANNUAL CALENDAR on a watch?

Also, what is the dial on the right indicating days? just counting to 7 over and over? Or is that a reserve power guage?

Good looking watch otherwise.

Well I don't mind

>IWC

you are a pleb

For more history on the 7A38s, see this:
fratellowatches.com/tbt-seiko-7a38-chronograph/
The model here is the 7A38-7190.
They're long out of production and you need to resort to eBay and watch forums (use watchrecon to aggregate) if you want to pick up good examples of them.
There's currently a nice example (but with pretty much dead lume) being auctioned on ebay:
ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-7a38-7190-All-Original-Clean/322378291794?_trksid=p2050601.c100607.m4280&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=37140&meid=7e423276cf704f5196067f257c7fe412&pid=100607&rk=2&rkt=4&sd=162344501756

Similar Seikos? I'm not sure, but Omega Speedmasters are quite similar.

I liked everything apart from the hands on the main dial and the font of the numbers.
And the case.
And the crown.
Fuck, I wanted to like it - the dial layout itself is quite nice and clean.

Can anybody ID pic related? I'm having a tough time figuring this one out. Taken from the trailer for the movie 'Paterson'.

and yes, I realize it's a casio

can some one hook me up with a effay and durable military style watch? preferably cheap

I was skeptical as hell, but these old soviet "Ultra Slims" are great

Are Braun watches of decent quality when not considering the models with leather bands? I'm debating getting pic related somewhere down the line since I have small wrists, but I want to know if Braun watches are shit in every aspect, not just the leather straps.

I can't help but think of toothbrushes when I see them so would never buy it.
You can always just interchange the bracelets and straps you know? No need to limit your choice by that.

where did you buy it?

hnnng

This one has served me well.

ebay. The brand/factory that makes the "Ultra Slim" is Luch. There's a bunch of them with all sorts of different faces. They can be had for about $40 if you don't mind waiting two weeks for shipping

retard question here. just bought a simple casio watch. new and package was sealed. however the battery was already in there and the time was ticking. isn't there supposed to be this plastic lid you have to remove first so the battery will be depleted from then on only, or is this normal?

you're good

It's a Tudor Black Bay 36

Was given this as a Christmas gift.

>mfw no moronic chart in the thread

Maybe it's not ALL lost in here.

I got you senpai.

no

kys

kys

kys

ugly

good

please kys

kys

>chronograph
>big date
>worldtime

THE BRAVE DON'T FEAR THE GRAVE

I really like timex, and I need a new one of theirs as it's time to retire my old one. Any recommendations as to which model to cop? I love their quality for their tiny cost.

gshock 5600 master race

Not sure how I feel about this retard calling my watch good

>black dial
>white date field
This is one of these things watch makers do to distinguish their cheaper watches from their more expensive ones, right?

>"G-Shock, cause retards like it"

>tfw watch is so old it must be wound and rewound over and over
A-at least it gets compliments

One of the cheapest Seikos has a black date field, so I don't know.

>red tip on the second hand
REEEEEEEE

Owned by press secretary of Putin.

By far the best watch money can buy.

god-tier.

Trash.

I can appreciate their complexity, but fuck are they gaudy.
It really says something too when the more crazy Pateks cost less than your average Mille.

Rate

Yep, it's a Vostok.

Are there ANY respectable automatic divers in like below 500 euro range?

I used to have an Orient but it broke down and I'm looking to upgrade. I'd go for a Longines Hydroconquest but it costs 1000+ at an AD which seems a bit steep or even overpriced. The last watch I bought was a Hamilton Khaki which might even have the same movement (sorry I don't know which exactly, I'm not that big of a nerd) and cost 500 at an AD.

The only watch that I've seen which seems to fit my requirements is the Tissot Seastar, which also has a cool movement and looks nice. However, I already have two Tissot watches, so I didn't want to buy another one, it's a pretty boring brand too ;_;

Seiko monster, if it's actually for diving. If you're getting it for looks, then maybe not.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't like how it looks and it'd be too big on my small wrist. I usually have to stay around 40 mm diameter, especially for a chunky watch.

>seiko 5
>kys
>seiko alpinist
>kys
lmao

Hamilton Khaki Navy Scuba Auto?

how big do you think the monster is?
youtu.be/wj56R12eYEA?t=50s
just get an skx007/9

I like Hamilton but this one is not a very good looking one, the Khaki Field dial doesn't really work with the diving bezel and the big day is ugly on all watches

Seiko is not really a step up from Orient though, t b h I'd rather get another Orient I prefer the look

just buy an orient then
why do you need spend that much on a watch
buy 2 watches instead of 1

Here is another Hamilton, Navy frogman.

There is a pretty big difference between a 100 dollar watch and 500. The finish of more expensive watches is much nicer and better done. Orient and Seiko movements are less precise and lack some functionality (manual winding or the hacking feature). The more expensive watches are also resellable.

this one is much better but it's also reflected in the price

recently got this.

what do you think?

only one of those things you said really matters
is paying 5 times the price worth it for a function you will use not more than 5 times?
and the resale value isnt that important because if you buy a 100 watch why would you sell it you paid 100 for it but if you pay 500 for a watch sure its nice if you sell it for 400 dollars but you could have bought a cheaper watch with near same performance you actually need from a watch
I mean sure its nice to have a well built expensive watch but its much nicer to have a well built cheap watch

Which one?

cute

I like it and i hope u do too user kun.

i got this pebble steel over christmas. i like it so far, did i make a good choice? my only gripe is that watchfaces that count seconds burn the battery fast

definitely left

>recently
Where the fuck did you find that?
Looks great and hard as fuck to find.

nice watch, nice pic

yeah no, but I guess you won't know what I'm talking about until you buy a better watch

also both the hack and manual winding are very useful especially when you have many watches

Pebble has been bought out. No more development is being done. I'm sorry fellow pebble-bro.

I would look into getting the steel bracelet for the watch however. It makes it look 10x tastier.

Damn, did you find this on Rakuten or Yahoo.jp?

brb killing myself

Hello autism

Should I pull the trigger lads??

Yes, but be aware that the dome is some sort of acrylic rather than glass or crystal.

As long as you're okay with the thickness

by definition moon watch should be at the top

literally higher than any other watch ever

Got this recently

R8 me

Just got this for my 21st a couple of weeks ago, what does Veeky Forums think?

It's not my pic but it's better than any of the ones I've taken so far

It's an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 41.5mm, ref. 231.10.42.21.03.003

Nice

Nice

Have been wearing this for a little over a year now

Rate me

Very rugged. Kinda got an industrial aesthetic to it. I dig it.
8/10

Nice, what brand is that?

Thanks satan, it feels as durable as it looks. The nuts on the bezel actually screw down all the way to the caseback and sorta sandwich the thing together, its really cool.

Audemars Piguet

By the way I'm not trying to pose, I wear a fake. I bought it for the aesthetic and I never get tired of looking at it, and thats what matters

A-fuckin-men, man.

Yeah man, its also pretty discreet unlike Rolex so I don't have to worry about being flashy

Yeah I get that. Personally though I do like a bit of flash, but of a certain type, see (das me), but something like yours would suit my style well too.

I'd say thats flashy in a tasteful way. Kind of reminds me of a high end complication like a PP or VC

It's a great watch, catches quite a few eyes. Great customer service too, it actually broke about a year after I got it. We sent it in, and they fixed it up and it made its round trip in about two weeks, no charge to me. Lifetime warranty, too.

On a leather strap.

>it made its round trip in about two weeks, no charge to me.
Nice, would never happen with some of the very high-end watches around

I'm not sure if the model I have is available anymore, but the price range for similar watched from them is about $120-$190, which isn't bad at all for a Swiss-made mechanical watch.

My mistake, it's a two year warranty. Not lifetime. Bit of a difference there.

/csg/