Is Veeky Forums the Internets Rome?

Is Veeky Forums the Internets Rome?

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/Roman_Empire#Legacy_of_the_.28Western.29Awesome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koteka
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We're more like Persia. Degenerate and claiming to be aryans.

Rome was one of the largest states at the time.

This is a tinyass website.

Rome had vast administrative systems
Veeky Forums has like 6 mods

I believe it is an Internet >H >R >E

I feel this is the most accurate answer

in practice we're more like some weird bumfuck postcolonial failed african state with a variety of strange and ineffectual factions vying for influence over an apathetic population

Leddit is Rome

Veeky Forums is Carthage

this

A bunch of disparate boards with a supposedly universal ruler that doesn't actually do much to effect any of the decisions of the boards?

It's too fitting.

Literally this
We even have 2-3 letter acronyms to denote who we are, and certain boards are friendly/hostile with other boards.
We're a civil war-torn African shithole, complete with child soldiers.

We burn children to death?

We're more like the Huns. Constantly moving, and bringing nothing but terror [memes] wherever we go and ruining everything we touch

Yeah fuck under age fags

How can it be an African country when there so many traps/gays? It more like Northern Europe in a civil war state.

F-fuck...

>pictureofAfricanrebelinaweddingdress.jpg

Definitely

encyclopediadramatica.se/Roman_Empire#Legacy_of_the_.28Western.29Awesome

Veeky Forums is Greece

>H >R >E during the 30 years war?

Unfortunately not. Leddit is Rome, we're greece. Irrelevant squabbling shitholes with tribes of autists vying for political and philosophical victories over other autists, As we endlessly struggle to be as edgy as possible and engage in our ritualised dance-debates with retarded jargon, Rome completely dominates Greece and ends up taking her place, coming and stealing her culture and effectively turns her into a tourist trap but we've got memes instead of myths.

but if we're Greece and Reddit is Rome, who is the Ottoman Empire?

Are you implying that Leddit will destroy us in the future?

imgur

Leddit has already consumed us.

we're basically an autonomous province at this point senpai

Doesn't exist yet. We're still in internet antiquity. The ottomans are still shitting in tents on some godforsaken blog

What is tumblr then

The uncivilized Barbarians to the north.

> tfw no list of online communities by user includes Veeky Forums

Venice

All jokes that internet history is gonna be similar to real history aside, I honestly wonder how the history of internet media is gonna go. Reddit, in one fell swoop, replaced forums, single-purpose comedy sites, and new sites. And it really came out of nowhere, whatever the fuck that website is supposed to be. Really makes me wonder what bizarre websites will exist in the future.

That feel when Veeky Forums got more users than people in Belgium.

Just look at the demographics, nu males will grow old, kids nowadays only frequent twitch. I don't really know desu. It covers too much ground that website. Maybe foolish management will cause it's collapse.

Germanic tribes. Everyone fucking hates them and their culture is barbaric, but it's impossible to take them over because their user interface is godawful. Everyone just sort of leaves them alone, except for the occasional raid.

Veeky Forums is the USSR, everyone is equal except the mods who can freely ban people and erase posts. Also hated by everyone else.

Persia.

Tumblr should be the Huns or Mongols. A insane force that repulses all other civilizations/communities around. They are incomprehensible and yet they cause almost all of the problems. They even infect other groups of people with their barbarism in the same way the Huns drove Germanic tribes west towards Rome.

9gag

>pretend to have created our works
>contribute nothing
>generally cringey

Shouldn't AOL be Rome?
>old
>will never return to relevance
>pretty important in its day

Veeky Forums is id

Nah, that'd be Myspace.
>Old
>used to be incredibly relevant
>is the thing every new social media platform has been compared against ever since

yeah were basically carthage after the second punic war at this point tbqh.

well goddamn just fruity pebble my shit up

>Is Veeky Forums the Internets Rome?
"no"

Facebook is more like Rome. Veeky Forums is some sub-saharan hut culture with bones in noses and carrots on dicks tossing spears.

That's hurtful, user.

Veeky Forums is the early American republic, a breakaway territory experimenting with more freedom than all other contemporaries and on the road to becoming a superpower.

>Facebook
>spam filled mess
Do you mean the Roman Republic or the Empire?

Tumblr is the local brothel where everyone goes to ejaculate.

More like the internets Timurids.
Not as successful as others like us, barely remembered by those we targeted, incredibly edgy and cocky while having very little to back it up, and our leader is a fuckin dweeb.

Oh no it cant be true

>dicks tossing spears

Fucking millenial communication skills. I thought missing commas were bad. Fucking "dicks tossing spears".

I think it meant people wearing these en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koteka
and those people throw spears.

Places like Facebook and Google would be the fancy civilizations like Rome.

Veeky Forums is probably Yurt dwelling Altaics who do nothing but shit places up and occassionally mass migrate to somewhere else ruining everything.

Nah, we don't have a bright future ahead. It's all immigration crises to our death.

Ebaumsworld is Carthage

We're gauls

We're Mesopotamia.

if it is, it's probably in its decadent period and it will be just a matter of time until the barbarians destroy this shit once and for all - because they've been here for a while now (/pol/ turds; /v/ weeb manchilds; etc)