Tfw not a german

>tfw not a german

Other urls found in this thread:

creation-shoes.jp
beams.co.jp/item/international_gallery_beams/shoes/23310138218/
epauleteurope.com/collections/sport-trainer/products/epaulet-los-angeles-sport-trainer-white-calfskin-grey-suede
lmgtfy.com/?q=grailed german army trainer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So we're all rubbing it in or what?
Op, some guy on grailed sells these in all sizes.

They mark em up tho and I have to pay shipping and at that price I can probably buy some Asics it Reeboks

gatspo thread?

And, if you ordered directly from German eBay?

As for shipping fees, last time I sent shoes to the US, there's either the 10 eur option and a 20 eur option. Latter one adds tracking.

Assuming you cop a new pair for 30 eur and have it proxied, it runs you just 40 eur.

recent replica fit

How do the original trainers compare to the MMM replicas?

Just Google search. There's a review on some blog thing and on reddit.

Are the milsurp ones real leather?

Leather upper, suede mud guard fabric inner

Replica have lamb leather upper, suede mud guard, calf leather inner

go fell retard and style your GATs with the German army recruit look.

german y

w2c?

as always, German ebay.

>tfw i chose to get the mmm replicas in black instead of white
>looking back at it I dont know why
I'm not buying two pairs of the same shoe so I guess my og gats are my go-to white sneaker

Yo, I've written up whatever little I know or could find about GATs.

Maybe someone can turn it into a fun infograph thing or so.

screw that, German Army outdoor trainers don't fit at all in that list, although they go well with the Army track suit.

Here's a slightly modified list.

Anyone who's owned any of the less meme-y versions (epaulet, Svensson, Dior) care to share their experiences?

Also, where did the paint splatter fad go? All I see nowadays on \fa\ are clean MMM replicas.

My only contribution, from a magazine I uploaded a few months ago

eh, thanks. I can't read jap, though. Any substantial info in there?

I've found this German (ad) graphic on the OG GATs, but it's really just lots of pseudo-techy marketing talk imo.

Nah just a little history on the origins of the sneaker

ah alright. It's interesting to see the jap magazine have their GATs laced in straight European. Then again, in order to make use of the lace keeper loop on the tongue, you do need to lace that section straight.

Found this as well. Just another pic for inspo. I can upload the magazine if you're interested in finding out what the text says

eh, why not, although I believe I'm somewhat semi-informed about the og GATs. does that magazine cover some of the designer reboots as well?

Ohhh interesting
So that particular pair of GATs is made by a Japanese company called Tanaka
And apparently they bought up all of the equipment that was used to make GATs - like they literally went to Slovenia or whatever and restored the equipment
And now they make GATs and other retro sneakers on original equipment

That has the potential to be a new brand worth following....very cool concept

It probably does. I just found that screenshot in a press release from Tanaka. But that particular magazine, which is called Begin, is one I can rip images of from Amazon.co.jp so I can actually find out if it's a photo spread. I'll look into it tomorrow after work

>Tanaka
oh, nice one.
Now that you mention it, the stitching on the tip of the eyestay is indeed different from the og.

Their price at 14k Yen (130ish dollars?) does need to be justified by some sort of upgrade in materials.

So, is that model already in production and on retail? Do they only target their home market? Their webpage says something about using original lasts, but from what the BW shop infographic says, the lasts are provided by a German company named Winkle.

They're available on beams, if they didn't already sell out from that magazine appearance. Still worth keeping an eye on....those guys must really know their shit about military sneakers

creation-shoes.jp
That's a cool site too

beams.co.jp/item/international_gallery_beams/shoes/23310138218/
Only size left is 8.5
Kills me that 9.5 is about as big a shoe size you can get in Japan =(

18k yen, owie. That's almost MMM GATs on sale. Really hope they upgraded the outer leather and did something nifty with the lining.

Well, at least they do have the anatomic insoles, I assume, which all the designer GATs don't seem to have.

Anyone know what model these are`?

those yours? show the heel tab, assuming it shows the brand logo.

these are from mango lol

ouch.

Sorry pal, , your shoe is 60% plastic and cost more than OG GATs.

they cost like ' 40e thats the same as ebay+shipping to here

granted, but only the suede patches on mango shoes are leather, rest is plastic, which has less longevity than the full leather upper of GATs.

If you just want to rock the style, that's an option, I guess.

>no epaulet army trainers in size 8
fml i have to be the most popular size

check the EU site epauleteurope.com/collections/sport-trainer/products/epaulet-los-angeles-sport-trainer-white-calfskin-grey-suede

bless you my man
now i can wear some slightly more premium but still og looking gats

no probs. Once you get them, report back about fit and sizing compared to OGs!

Actually that kidskin (baby goat leather) lining sounds sexy as fuck. That's more than just slightly more premium (compared to what, btw?)

more premium compared to the OGs, but once i get these I'll have 5 different gats, so guess I'll see how they are

Id on jeans?

Could be useful if you used a curency that matters and did actual research into 2nd hand sale prices

Well, I don't trust Jap Yen and Chinese RMB right now.

Anyways, I've done a quick price check on each item on eBay and Grailed, also checked a couple web stores on sale.
Anything in particular that should be adjusted?

link?

Here you go, pal.

lmgtfy.com/?q=grailed german army trainer

i copped the black gats too and surprisingly been having a crazy hard time figuring out how to wear them.

i think my pants are too tight desu

i've been collecting inspo lately like pic related

just spend some time shopping around
I bought a pair of brand new OG gats from Japan for $40 including shipping

>not trusting yen

Well obviously someone doesn't have a sick waredrobe full of sick 5th hand rags

Smh what happened to fa

New iteration of GATs infograph. I didn't know I missed a big GAT craze in the mid-aughts.

And once again, please share your experiences with any of those shoes on the list, preferably in comparison to the OG GATs.

I got no taste man, what do I care.

blacks are indeed not as versatile as whites but they look better imo, world's best shoe

New iteration of GATs infograph, fixed a little copy paste mistake. I didn't know I missed a big GAT craze in the mid-aughts.

And once again, please share your experiences with any of those shoes on the list, preferably in comparison to the OG GATs.

I got no taste man, what do I care.

>niggers on my Veeky Forums

a fucking tripfag knowing nothing about fashion..fuck off faggot

yeah right now it's summer so they match well with black/tan chino shorts and a tee but then again so would the white version
but nice fit though, really like the sweater

>I don't trust Jap Yen
you pay with your Visa in USD, they convert it to JPY, the economy isn't about to collapse, it's not fucking Zimbabwean money

link??

count your blessings

I think that looks nice. Also w2c sweater it is very nice.