What does Veeky Forums think of sk8 hi's?

What does Veeky Forums think of sk8 hi's?

totally overplayed

I like them but you need to be a girl or skinny fuccboi skater to look good in them

they're fine

you're fine

I will say they are one the classic shoes everybody should own. I suppose others would be Stans, Old schools, Doc Martens. They go with everything so who cares.

Look better beaten up though

I recently ordered a pair. Ended up returning them.
They're comfortable, but do look like little kid shoes when worn.

They're a classic.

Would not say they are comfortable though. Lack arch support, and thin soles. No good for skateboarding IMO, unless you are just dicking around on flatland stuff in which case the thin grippy soles may be a plus.

used to have a pair of them when i was a kid. i really liked them. don't know if i would buy them again, maybe if i stumble upon a real cheap pair idk

They feel quite roomy in the toe

Sk8 his, old skools, or authentics?????

if you are normal height then sk8 his
if you are a manlet old schools.
if you are a manlet with big feet authentics

What is "normal height"?

Use common sense, high tops make your legs look shorter.

Isn't there a pro edition or something that has better cushion?

Yeah I think there is, but I have never owned them.

D E P E N D S
E
P
E
N
D
S

vans has made a shit load of variants of the sk8 hi, the vans vault x diemme ones were beautiful but I could never justify spending 500 on skate shoes
I've owned the sk8 hi slim leather and sk8 hi premium leather (no contrast stitch on premium, thicker laces and natural as opposed to metal eyelets) and they're some of my favorite shoes, but I'm also an art student type 20something who fits the bill to wear them. it's a black and white natural material sneaker, not hard to find a lot of stuff to wear with them that will look good

Sk8 culture and it's devotees are more cancerous than anything I've ever experienced.

theyre good, not like they're revolutionary or anything but definitely fine to wear

i got the pros but they are already falling apart after 2 months

Do they fit exactly like the Old Skools?

>I will say they are one the classic shoes everybody should own. I suppose others would be Stans, Old schools, Doc Martens.

Is it worth getting Old Skools If I already have sk8 his?

well they are a bit different but not by too much.

I was mainly considering it because I think Sk8 his look funny with shorts, and I need some decent casual shoes for the summer (other than meme smiths)

Yeah I feel ya on the hitops with shorts, but that doesn't apply to me since I detest shorts and will not wear them unless I am actually at the beach surfing.

Nose face ratio lookin good brah

I hate shorts too but I'm a sweaty bastard so I have to wear them for ~1/3 of the year. Probably worth copping the old skools for that, unless I find better low-tops.

nose-face ratio lookin good brah

They look great and more casual than converses but are no where near as comfortable as converses and are cheaply made. The inside is just cold hard canvas, while my converses are actually lined with soft comfy wool and thicker soles. The high price is not justified at all. But another thing i liked about them is that they shrink your feet, unlike converses that are usually compared to clown shoes for good reason.