How does Veeky Forums commute to work?

How does Veeky Forums commute to work?

I am trying to decide whether I want to drive or take the bus.

Driving
pros
>independent: can go where you want when you want without the need to reference timetables, wait around, rush in the morning, etc
>fast and convenient
cons
>costs of petrol, maintenance, registration
>requires intense concentration
>sedentary activity
>traffic
>paying tribute to parking monopolies every day

Bus
pros
>substantially cheaper than car travel
>active travel: can read books, use the internet, play games, etc.
cons
>sick people coughing, sniffling and sneezing constantly
>lack of personal space during peak hours
>inconvenient: regimented times of departure and arrival... forced to leave early and get home late
>slow: takes much longer to get to your destination
>being around a rogue's gallery of unpleasant people

Should I accept all the additional costs of car travel for comfort, or endure the irritations of bus travel for a few extra thousand dollars and use the time to read books?

Then there's best of both worlds if you're not autistic: try carpooling with someone

Read mrmoneymustache -- the true cost of commuting.

I'm going nocar and using light rail and/or busses and/or walking or bike. Fuck long commutes, just wasted time. Last thing I want after a long day of work is to spend an hour in traffic.

Should add motorcycle:

Pros
>Ride in HOV lane
>As cheap as a used car but cooler
>Cheap to fill up, a tank of premium cost me $9.33 last I filled up, lasts for a couple weeks
>haul ass if you're running late
>can legally ride between lanes in some states

Cons
>can only ride half the year if you're not in the south or southwest.
>Increased danger potential/risk
>Can fuck up your clothes/hair if your job needs you to be presentable

I still don't want a car. I'd rather get a bicycle and live close to work or school.

I've done both for extended periods.

I prefer public transportation, mainly because traffic downtown (where I work) sucks.

Traffic isn't as bad if you're not downtown, and public trans tends to suck between suburbs.

I also work from home 1-2 times per week (aka as much as I feel like I can get away with); that's really the best, and something I might consider if I wind up changing roles/jobs here in the next couple of years.

2.5 mile bike ride each way

>tfw trails go under major roadways
>tfw don't have to deal with inconsiderate assholes and retards in traffic
>tfw don't have to deal with inconsiderate assholes and retards on public transport

noice

Only qualm is death cagers trying to kill you, the cold, the wind, and the rain. Fucking wind. Like goodbye 18+ mph, hello crawling speed.

>he doesn't take the metro to work

faggot

I walk to work. I live in a complex next to my office. About a 5 minute walk. No cons. I keep my car parked in my offices secure garage.

sounds comfy af

>driving
>requires intense concentration

top kek

I drive but I get company car so it doesnt cost me anything

Cars are infinitely superior. Buses are for the unemployed and the retired. Nobody who has to be anywhere at a certain time can afford to use the bus.

depends where you're driving.
Where I drive its pretty lax and you rarely have to pay much attention but driving in quebec is a whole other game altogether.

Im on a motherfuckin bike

Sure thing wagecuck. Don't forget, clock in time is 8:00AM on the dot! Be late by one minute and you're fired!

>Cars are infinitely superior. Buses are for the unemployed and the retired.

Indeed

Remember to pay your 6 gorillion dollars in auto insurance goyim!

>I can't afford $80/month on car insurance

you're not gonna make it.

Forgot insurance cost advantage, my motorcycle insurance is 95USD/yr
And 0 for my 50cc scooter

There are so many hidden costs with a car

I work 45 minutes away so I have to take the car otherwise it would take me 1.5 hours to get home

Honestly taking public transportation is so much better if you work nearby or is downtown. Insurance rapes the younger you are (I'm 22 and my insurance is about 400 split with my younger brother)

80 a month sounds piss poor

around here it's 300 min for collision