IS X Veeky Forums? THREAD:

If you wanna know what's effay or not, ask here.

Stop clogging up the board with low quality threads that leave no room for discussion you fucking teenagers. Let's establish some perimeters regarding what is, and isn't Veeky Forums.

things which are not effay:

>rap / trap music
>rappers / soundcloud rappers
>anime
>/mu/
>grills
>low confidence / self-esteem
>streetwear
>skatercore

things which are (objectively) effay:

>designer brands
>well-fitting clothing (varies)
>rich vibrant colors
>jewelry and misc. accesories with value

Veeky Forums is not a buzzword that encompasses the values you find cool, or that fit your vague bullshit """aesthetic""". Just because you like it doesn't mean it's Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums applies to clothing and things which have an effect on your appearance ONLY. Carry yourself with confidence. Focus on quality over quantity. Take the time to refine your tastes. Find what suits you best and you'll be fine.

Feel free to contribute to, support, or argue against any of these claims.

Think before posting.

is this thread effay?

/v/ /a/ and /pol/ are shitting up this board.

also /mu/

You fucking bet.

Many of the recurring visitors on this board haven't even stepped outside the walls of Veeky Forums. They're all detached from the rest of the site, seeing this board as just another corner to ramble aimlessly about streetwear. It doesn't have that distinct Veeky Forums discussion board feeling like all other blue boards (excluding /mu).

This board is too accesible for normies imo. It'll stay this way until there's proper moderation, and a collective effort by people legitimately interested in fashion.

I have a nice sense of fashion but I want to become knowledgeable on the fashion world
Where would I start?

there is no hope; all of the boards have been invaded by normies, they encroach deeper every day, and don't stop until they've drowned out quality posts with their own bullshit.

it's happened to my home board of /g/.

just collect names Veeky Forums mentions
Raf
Rick
etc.
then look them up and go from there
type "fashion show" in YouTube

Fashion shows are a good place to start (I prefer reading articles that describe the show and looking at photos on websites like WWD or Vogue Runway to videos, not sure why) but understanding the business side is important too. BoF doesn't have a paywall and often highlights the most important fashion news.

Kys if you belive any of this is x fa bs

The is "which cigarettes are Veeky Forums" and inane and been going on for like as far as I can tell like 5 years.
Holy shit you posers

/g/ as in before the consumerist circlejerk? or /g/ when /pol/ started visiting?

>If you wanna know what's effay or not, ask here.
>Stop clogging up the board with low quality threads that leave no room for discussion you fucking teenagers.
>Let's establish some perimeters regarding what is, and isn't Veeky Forums.
Ok so far I agree. This board has been pretty terrible lately.
>things which are not effay:
Wait, why are you doing the exact same shit then?
>>rap / trap music
>>rappers / soundcloud rappers
>>anime
>>/mu/
>>grills
>>low confidence / self-esteem
>>streetwear
>>skatercore
Holy shit, are you serious? Do you think all those faggots you jack off to and call "effay" go on imageboards and post what is and isn't cool like a petty bitch in middle school? How the fuck didn't you grow out of this shit in 6th grade? You put grills and a music genre, that's how you judge people? By what music they listen to? Make it easy to figure out you're probably some skinny 16 year old dweeb angry because the black kids at school make you nervous.
>things which are (objectively) effay:
>>designer brands
Another brainwashed faggot with too much money to spend
>>well-fitting clothing (varies)
>>rich vibrant colors
>>jewelry and misc. accesories with value
Agree
>Veeky Forums is not a buzzword that encompasses the values you find cool, or that fit your vague bullshit """aesthetic""". Just because you like it doesn't mean it's Veeky Forums.
the irony
>Veeky Forums applies to clothing and things which have an effect on your appearance ONLY.
Rap, anime and /mu/ have an affect on your appearance now? How about we stop with these bullshit posts that's killing this board like this one, and just discuss clothes, not become some high school themed forum. And stop using the word "effay" it makes you sound like a faggot

Not with that nigger of course.

>Let's establish some perimeters regarding what is, and isn't Veeky Forums.
Why do you want to do that?

This.
Op is contradicting himself way to hard with e.g. anime not being "effay".

daily reminder that if you pronounce Veeky Forums as "fah" you should kys

I used to enjoy those things you mong. Just because it's not Veeky Forums doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.

Veeky Forums =/= cool

>Another brainwashed faggot with too much money to spend

Nope.

>Rap, anime and /mu/ have an affect on your appearance now?

They don't. That's why they're not Veeky Forums. They don't have anything to do with fashion.

>Why do you want to do that?

I want to make a thread where all questions like that go instead of having them take up space on the board.

threads like these have been killing this board

the consumerism because /pol/ just flares up once in a while on threads here and there, but who knows, maybe it's retards crossing over from /v/ or /pol/ directly

i do and won't stop Veeky Forumsg

i hope you're posting that image ironically jesus christ

is this jacket homosex

Is Jon glaser effay? If so will make a thread to dump his fits