Notebooks

Are journals Veeky Forums? I'm considering getting one to carry in my bag to use as something to jot ideas, lists, plans, and contacts in. I don't want to look like a faggot but it just seems practical.

I use OneNote on my phone and computer a lot but have never used a physical journal.

Aren't Moleskines dead? Is there a superior brand? Is there any things I should look out for when purchasing (paper size, grade)?

Also, any recommendations on cheaper, stylish, and functional notebooks for schooling? I used some smaller sized Mujis last semester and thought it worked well.

Other urls found in this thread:

lastgasp.com/author/Slingshot Collective
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Veeky Forumsm I have tried it before and have never actually used a journal / notebook before
but I'll give a recommendation that you might not know about (and might really like)
learned about it back in my zine distro days: the slingshot organizer

lastgasp.com/author/Slingshot Collective

What format is it in? Just blank pages, lines, or what?? I like the look of it and the price is right, what else do I need to know?

nevermind i took two seconds to actually read and research it

the pages are all hand-drawn; there is a very cool list of places to check out all over the country (off-beat spots, radical bookstores, etc) and even a recommended reading list

I think I might cop this. Thanks for reaching out with this suggestion, it's super up my alley.

I bought this one year and never used it
it was like 40 bucks and has a Tokyo subway map on the inside cover
it looks like it came straight out of a Wes Anderson movie, though, which is why I got it
not worth it

Leuchtturm 1917 journals are apparently pretty nice. I just started a Bullet Journal, I like the format but I'm not going to do the artsy Pinterest stuff that a lot of people do in theirs.

>menstrual calendar
>info on police repression
>key phrases in multiple languages; phrases such as "freedom and mutual aid"
Don't buy this stupid sjw field manual OP

If you can, get a B5 notebook from Muji, great quality, minimalist design without the hipster tax like moleskine etc has.

Any other recomendations for general Veeky Forums schooling equipment that'll make my life better?

I'm in need of some sort of binder or way to keep all my papers together and compact. My current one is plasticy garbage that won't make it through this semester.

I currently write exclusively with a Pilot G-2 .05 but I've been tempted to try a fountain pen. Too pretentious?

I carry around a pocket sized luechtterm 1917 and a pilot g2 1.0 with me everywhere i go so i can write ideas. Its pretty nice senpai

>starts a thread about notebook
>writes
>I don't want to look like a faggot but it just seems practical.

This fucking board seriously, can't tell if you are 5 years of age or if trolling?

Well I don't want to look like a faggot, do you?

Nah, man. Fountain pens are awesome. Pilot makes some good ones, too.

leuchtturm1917 is best
and btw you ARE a faggot for asking
just fucking do what you want
and also
moleskine has literally been around for decades

That one is a very good notebook, been buying them for about 3 years now and always get good conversation when someone sees something like this over my shoulder

>thinkpad
hey big guy

I like the format of this, just calendar on the left and lined on the right?

fuck off greg cop a moleskin

fine. I do like your laptop tho, x220 over here. Now I just need your handwriting...

if you're cheap i'd recommend Baron Fig. budget stuff but they're all about design and functionality.

dot pads for life. really useful if you just want to write whatever bullshit but also do design stuff so you get the precision bonus

for you