If atheism is so easy for you to make fun of then how do you explain your beliefs in religion?

If atheism is so easy for you to make fun of then how do you explain your beliefs in religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/7378435/r
alternet.org/belief/when-god-not-enough-religious-states-have-highest-rates-anti-depressant-use
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

don't need to I have faith

Read the bible
Read the Catechism
Read more dogma related shit
Explain to fags on Veeky Forums how the trinity works and watch them get anally flustered over how it doesn't work "logically"

>don't need to I have faith
That's a retarded reason to believe anything tbqh

Dumb ghettoposter

Shut up fag.

Support the idea of trinity from only scripture.

Hard mode: don't use John

I'll be waiting a long time

Case in point

Well I am atheist. But I rather not identify as such because the hellspawns of New Atheism are indeed laughable

>Support the idea of trinity from only scripture.
The fuck do you think we are, Proddies?

Nobody cares that you're vegan

Why should I believe any doctrine that I know, for sure, was just written by some dude? Can you support that belief in a non circular way?

>Why should I believe any doctrine that I know, for sure, was just written by some dude?
Because it's either you believe it, or you get bullied and shunned and told to fuck off.

>Because it's either you believe it, or you get bullied and shunned and told to fuck off.
That's an even more retarded reason than faith to believe something

>That's an even more retarded reason than faith to believe something
>said the atheist who's in a phase because he's being a rebellious bitch

Literally couldn't be more wrong

The fedora stereotype of atheism sadly does exist and most of them are also very specific in how they operate

So?

If the Trinity worked logically it wouldn't be a mystery.

I think for most fedoras being religious would be more rebellious since more and more parants are atheists too.

>If the Trinity worked logically it wouldn't be a mystery.
That's why it can't work logically.`

What kind of broken house do these faggots live in?

If the trinity was at least a sound proposition, atheists wouldn't exist.

Faith. It's a hell of a drug.

The thing is that people just assume that every atheist is like this, without looking at their motives or arguments first. Just imagine if every person who started a discussion with a christian just assumed that he likes to rape little boys/girls inside the church from the very beginning. Not really fair.

Atheists on average are better parents than their religious counterparts.

That's some bullshit you spewing famalam.

Dumb ghettoposter

>said the atheist acting high and motherfucking highly

>people just assume that every atheist is like this
There are people this out touch out there? That believe Veeky Forums memes reflect real life? I live in a majority atheist country and people here are like anywhere else.

I know desu. I can't help it. The mind creates a stereotype based on regularities, and what it spawns is the fedora guy. Even though it is more of an internet phenomenon then anything I see in my own country.

Most people in my country are actually atheist, and while I have yet to meet a fedora wearing one, I still associate some people with the type of atheism that puts me off.

>Is another "find me a dogmaless religion" thread

High quality thread here.

It can at least be argued that countries with a low religious population do relatively better than ones which have religious majority. Just look at Denmark, Sweden, Japan and so on

I met a faggot atheist tell me I'm in the wrong for supporting Christianity, and that the crusades were wrong.

>atheism
>Not just being agnostic

checkmate

>Denmark, Sweden
Both shitholes. I don't care
>Japan
Hold on, nigga. Hold the fuck on. Just because they believe in spirits and shit, doesn't make them religious.

The trinity still doesn't make sense and the whole argument for it is Christian mental gymnastics.

How can you claim one god but say he's split into three? Fucking insane.

The trinity is probably the worst concieved concept in any religion. No other religion I know has to go through such insane hoops of logic as to say that 1 and 3 are the same number.

Why is godlessness associated with widespread prosperity?

The pastor said Jeebus would give us free stuff if we asked.

>It can at least be argued that countries with a low religious population do relatively better than ones which have religious majority. Just look at Denmark, Sweden, Japan and so on
Wealth has nothing to do with religion. But if you see the number of abortions,divorce rates,single mothers and suicide in atheist countries vs religious ones you will see that those societies arent healthy at all,and some of them even live on anti depressents.

I never said that Japan is religious. Quite the contrary, it really isn't.

I used to be agnostic. I had quite a few crazy spiritual experiences that made me theistic and finally a Christian. I only base my beliefs on experience. Whenever I say this people here say hurr durr drugs but I've never done drugs.

Also I really don't care about convincing anyone because I come from an agnostic perspective. To each there own, I just enjoy sharing. If you want to experience God, I recommend reaching out to him. The divine is definitely out there.

>but say he's split into three?
This wrong.

>How can you claim one god but say he's split into three? Fucking insane.
Through faith. Or It just works.

>herewego.jpg

This is wrong*

It gets better. According to their theology God is not made of "parts" he is one inseperitly item. So they can't even say he is split into 3.

The theology is literally
A is true
&
A is not true

God is not split into parts, he is a single unified whole. He is also completly immaterial and cannot die or change.

But God is 3 distinct pieces (remember all 3 parts of the trinity were in separate places, doing separate things, during Jesus's baptism). Jesus's material body is literally God, those skin cells on his body that died and fell off are literally the immaterial, agless, God. God literally died and he literally aged.

Also if you think Jesus's body was not identical to God you are a dirty Gnostic.

You try to make a point that wealth is not related to religion, and then proceed to imply that the cause of all these things you said are strictly correlated with atheism.

>split into three?
>Parts

>All atheists are neckbeards

>The divine is definitely out there.

>thinking atheism is mutually exclusive to agnosticism
No.

>him
Kek.

>If you want to experience God, I recommend reaching out to him. The divine is definitely out there.
I spent the first 25 or so years of my life begging god to reveal himself to me and feeling like a terrible christian because I never had any sort of spiritual revelation.

What's your concept of Agnostic? Are you a theist or an atheist? You can't be both not can't be neither, if you believe in a god, you're a theist, if you don't, you're an atheist. It's as simple as that.

I really think Abrahamics get into this batretarded arguments due to writing their religion down.

Those countries became wealthy when they were religious. And you can see internal stadistics that show that atheists are usually more depressed,have mire abortions or more single mothers per capita than religious woman.

Sorry, xim*

Didn't mean to trigger anyone

So Atheists are the reason we get more dirty single moms?

I used to be agnostic so i still have that perspective user. I'm a theistic Christian now.

> But God is 3 distinct pieces
This is wrong

What Church?

What gender pronoun do you prefer? It or zed?

Him. Just use him.

Partially. The welfare state is another reason. Religious woman,usually only have kids after marriage. And kids raised by a single mother,usually perform worse at everything.

I'm laughing because it's funny how human God is.

Im sorry to hear that user. I don't truly understand why God reached out to me either. You'll eventually experience his vast love in good time.

(I'm not the previous guy/gal)
I call myself an agnostic because I want to make clear that I don't deny the existence of a God but I don't believe in any form of God. In other words, I don't give a fudge if you believe in all mighty snails, a protocommunist from Judea or a pasta monster.

>The welfare state is another reason.
Created by the atheist left, yeah.
No, it's insulting to call God a she.

>Those countries became wealthy when they were religious.
What's your point? Didn't you just said earlier that "Wealth has nothing to do with religion"?
Can I expect every religious country do get rich, then?

Also, it's quite obvious that you can expect less abortions and divorces on countries where the major religion goes against it and so on, are you telling me that a lot of people wouldn't do abortions if their religions said it was okay?

I dont really identify with any denominatio but I'm going to my grandparants church for now. Its Pentecostal.

Greek Gods were much more human.

>used to be a proddy
The advent protestantism, people are turned off by the faith, thanks Martin Luther.

God's still very human.

If you just say "I'm an Agnostic", people can't know exactly what your position is. You should say "I'm an Agnostic Atheist".

>What's your point? Didn't you just said earlier that "Wealth has nothing to do with religion"?
>Can I expect every religious country do get rich, then?
No. My point,is that wealth has nothing to do with religion,and those same countries are prove of that.
> are you telling me that a lot of people wouldn't do abortions if their religions said it was okay?
Islam kind of does and they have fewer abortions than atheist woman. But religion has always been part of keeping people out of vicious acts,not always. And looking at the depression rates or suicide rates of atheists just shows that religion is not bad for a society

People usually don't make fun of atheism, they make fun of atheists.

Protip: for anyone confused on what agnostic means, we pretty much agreed on a definition.

strawpoll.me/7378435/r

"I will not kill myself, because if I do so I will suffer eternally in hell".

I dont see the point of being held up in any one denomination. My favorite auther is a franciscan monk. I've seen all sides do good things.

Depends on your theology.

Once Plato hit the scene the Greek Gods started becoming more and more abstract.

The Hebrew God was also human till it started drinking from the Hellenistic kool-aid.

>I've seen all sides do good things.
Because you don't care.

Yeah,but still suicide has been something common in christian countries. Suicide is more related with depression than anything else,and atheists tend to get depressed more often,as religious people often have more community live and such,which is a great deal for some people.

You're right. I don't care. I'm only interested in closeness with God.

Ah, so instead of trying to attack the depression problem itself, the better alternative would be to convert everyone to Christianity so they can live a better life, I get it!
You see, even if you prove this to be true, it still don't prove the truth of your religion nor will make people believe it. Believing is not a choice you can simply make, you can't just start believing that there's an unicorn under your neighbor's bed or that the earth is flat, can you?

Most succinct answer is the correct one

You damned hellspawn will know when God Almighty judges you on the Final Day.

That goes for everyone of you by the way, the Catholics, and the lefties, and the communists, and the televangelists, and especially the sinful tripusers such as Constatine (who engages in heresy AND fornication), the vile loudmouth Aelian, who is really just a servant of Satan and can only repeat, yet cannot repent, the disgusting Spanish Catholic fool who worships a verse from Jeremiah (worshiping texts is polytheism and the gravest of all sins) and of course, who can forget the Japanese girl, who equated our Most Benevolent Saviour, the Logos turned flesh, with the ANTICHRIST.

You are all cursed to hellfire, eternal hellfire and don't you forget it, you tripFAGGOTS, you tripSODOMITES. Read once again from the Book of Daniel, from Revelations. I dare you to deny that it is in fact YOU to the right side of Lucifer.

Also, all vile pagans known as MUSLIMS, who worship cubes and the moon and the stars, take heed of your own SATANIC messenger. Read the books written by Muhammed AL-DAYYAL, for you have been tricked into SHIRK, the vilest sin of all sins.

REMEMBER, ONLY GOD CAN SAVE YOU. AND RIGHT NOW, YOU ARE CURSED TO HELL, ESPECIALLY YOU AELIAN, YOU VILE WORSHIPER OF ROME, THE TRUE WHORE OF BABYLON

REPENT TRIPSODOMITES, REPENT

Then get your ass to a Catholic (or Orthodox) Church. Protestantism is a heresy.

From what I've seen Christians are more depressed than atheists but they just have a belief system that prevents them from ending it all. The religion is based around guilt tripping you. In order to work around the problem of evil they make it so that everything bad that ever happened in the universe is the fault of people, such as yourself (yes including diseases, there used to be no such thing as them until original sin happened).

As evidense for the fact that Christianity is more depressing than atheism look at this.
alternet.org/belief/when-god-not-enough-religious-states-have-highest-rates-anti-depressant-use

The more religious you are the more likely you are to take anti-depresents. The study also found that Christians are more likely to tell people in public they are happy while admitting to being miserable when you are sad.

So they are protecting the cult at the expense of themself.

*A certain stereotypical group of atheists.

That's horseshit.

Nice, you really got him good with that one.

>Im sorry to hear that user. I don't truly understand why God reached out to me either. You'll eventually experience his vast love in good time.
I disagree friend but I'm glad you're happy. To each his own.

I'm not well-read on theology but isn't the Abrahamic God perfection? I miss flaws in his character my son

>From what I've seen Christians are more depressed than atheists but they just have a belief system that prevents them from ending it all.

And research suggests otherwise from your anecdotal experience.

Science 1 - Athiest 0

You do realize the post you responded had scientific research that confirmed what I said bro?

I don't care, all I see is his bullshit spewing.