I've always been put off by the Rick Owens meme...

I've always been put off by the Rick Owens meme, even though I appreciate him as a designer though his interviews and statements.

But this single picture has changed my mind. Looks like you can mix his shoes into normal outfits.

So, which ones are these? Nylon low ramones? I think I'm ready to move my wallet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jWdyHvD4nsg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Better wait for the end of season sale, you just missed the last one.

remember the toecap looks very big from the front

i do love this picture too though, has made me want low ramones for the longest time

Yeah, I noticed that. A bunch of stuff seemed crazy cheap online but non of it was in my size.

Any idea what material the picture is though?

I find it weird that there aren't more generic shoes like this. Converse look really busy, covered in logos and stitching. If there was something remotely similar for less I'd consider it.

The shoes in the picture are from Rick Owens mainline, not the DRKSHDW diffusion brand. Rick Owens Ramones are leather, Nylon/Canvas/whatever else is most likely DRKSHDW.

I have a pair of Converse from a few years ago that look VAGUELY like Ramones but way worse leather. I got them because I was new to Veeky Forums and in love with Tricky Ricky. I might finally wear them soon. Actually I'm going to try to remove the stupid branding on the side right now.

be careful when buying these, they can legit look like clown shoes because they are a bit bulky.

Exactly the same here.
Also I really dig the pants.

can you provide some pictures?

heres a video
youtube.com/watch?v=jWdyHvD4nsg

I need pants like these in my life. Where the fuck do I get em

I did it, I removed the logo and changed the laces I'm not going to lie lads, this is the most ashamed I've been in quite a while. Converse are from 2013. The pants are a wool/linen blend from wings+horns.

I forget their name but they've been posted a ton of times. I think they're $200. Maybe you can reverse image search and try to find them through there. Good luck!

any wool trousers tapered and hemmed

I did a whileback but I think no one knew, I'll try search again.ty

I've heard this alot, but I haven't found a place that sells similar looking ones or good ones at a £100 and under price range

other than the colours, they look nothing like ramones
silhouette is the key
(or lots of money)

I love my lows. Pick them up for sure

Really? The material looks almost matte and thinner than the leather.

Rick Owen's is plagued with people who either think he's all about the clunky ass geos, dickflaps, mastodon trousers, and other weird shit. And hardcore fans think if that's not what you're wearing from rick, then you're some sort of poser.

Rick makes: Plain tees, Berlin/Torrence/Detroit Jeans, Boat Shoes/Mastodon Sneakers, Crew Patch Jumpers, and makes a plethora of nice accessories such as Naska Socks, Wallets, etc.

Is it worth it? That's up to you.

Not what you asked, but I figured I'd give you some insight onto Rick so you're not blinded by fanboys and normies

If you're size 11+ ricks will look disgustingly disproportionate. I'd also suggest sizing down half a size so they fit snug and the toebox ain't as exaggerated as intended

Every time I see a rick owens thread, I always go who would be dumb enough to buy his stuff. Then I see this video and remember.

fact only fashion victims buy and wear his footwear

I'm heavily inclined to agree despite being a ricky fanboy, but not every shoe he makes is shit. Just...most of them

these come in black as well, and yes, they're expensive as dick (Thanks labor, name branding, capitalism, and exclusivity) they do look wearable compared to geos or oversized ramones.

>mfw wear ricks with straight cut jeans and thrifted tshirts

what core am i

lame nigga core

tbqh a lot of rick's shit is obnoxious and for fashion victims but his basics are pretty good and the ramone low's are actually a pretty good shoe too. if you wear more than one rick piece in an outfit you should consider self harm, or probably already have

i would get high top R A M O N E S

This is what puts me off. I moved to LA last year and the people I see them on are squat chinless Chinese guys and chubby Jewish teens.
I really appreciate Rick Owens for his story, his statements, his integrity, his sincerity, his humor, and his general attitude as a designer. I like to wear clothes that reflect values I understand, so I want his clothes. But for me, a lot of it doesn't really fit.

Like you've pointed out though, and as I've discovered, there is a handful of very wearable items.

F O R G O T P I C T U R E

how to pull off ramones and not look like the from the back guy

>dont be a manlet
>understand proportions

hi avery

people will tell you to go half a size down but in my experience, sometimes a full size down is better. i recommend that you go to a physical store and try on a pair first to get your bearings and then make your decision from there.

I plan on dropping into the La Brea store. But honestly I think I'll wait until sale time. I saw the end of the recent one and they're like 70% off. I'm not into it enough to spend $1000 in a low sneaker.

If you have a local dealer, you should try them on. They're got pretty fucked up dimensions like said.

so w2c jacket for dude on the right
I really like jackets that have that wrist design

this is the only good rick fit I've ever seen

That's the correct way to wear ramones

As less of a meme as possible

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

i like this fit i will now buy ray romanos ty for inspo

which ricks tho

hahah this looks even uglier than converse. Seriously what the fuck.

it is converse. dude just mangled them up. and his feet are small or wide or something? and they look like shit

>*heavy breathing* M-muh sekrit club

Wtf Book.

Why not just get Chucks? especially 70s repro chucks, pretty much exactly the same + it's less clownish looking, toecap looks better, 1/4 price and people won't ask why you've got fake Chucks.

Man it sure sucks being on of the very few to be too intelligent to fall for jewish tricks on Veeky Forums

COS

look up "undercover television jacket" or "undercover marquee moon jacket"

Converse are really busy despite somehow being known as a 'minimal' shoe.
>clownish looking
That's the whole point, numbnuts. Rick is all about messing around with proportions.

This is what surprises me about all of this. Why do you have to spend more and seek out high end designers to get less? A $70 pair of Converse is a vomit pile of stitching and logos and materials and crap.

Clown shoe version with minimal colors.....$800

looks worse now

Problem with Rick is that in the end all of his fits you will wear are boring. It's same stuff rotating with nobody actually wearing some interesting pieces from him.
Dunno about you, but I like Raf more because he at least does something more or less new each season instead of bringing out Mollino jacket and some level tees with pods over and over again.

>Looks like you can mix his shoes into normal outfits.
You do realize that most things rick makes are normal as fuck

>Dunno about you, but I like Raf more because he at least does something more or less new each season instead of bringing out Mollino jacket and some level tees with pods over and over again.

Do you watch Rick's shows at all? He's constantly changing the wardrobe.

His tees and pods are Forever for him -- same with staples like the Mollino and Bauhaus. Not his fault those are what sell the mostl most people aren't willing to really branch out with his stuff, though, I would agree with that.

I really get tired of seeing Pods. Geos/Ramones, Double-layer outfits over and over and over.

wearing your pants like a rice farmer

booky ur such a qt

Shouldn't buy them if you wear anything larger than a us9.5 imo. Proportions are already exaggerated and if you have large feet then they are going to be over the top.

incotex

since nobody actually responded im p sure these are mainline leather, but the nylons are cool too. looking at them for highs, not a huge fan of the leather hightops but theyre definitely my favorite for the low

also who has the rog discord link

theyre canvas and not mainline

waxed canvas? looks too rough to be nylon, but they definitely arent regular canvas

yup

get back in the discord, jacob.

>Looks like you can mix his shoes into normal outfits.
These are actually quite hard to pull off

this is key to op. sounds decent bc youre not going full out memeninja but you should be wearing low tops

i dont understand. and wouldn't it be jakob?

Why's that?

Book you're the cutest anime character

There are people who actually wear Rick Owens? I thought that was kinda like a Veeky Forums inside joke