perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

fragrantica.com/ingredients-search/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can anyone find that chart that lists the fragrances women like the most? Google is failing me.

Who needs a chart when you have sauvage?

Dunno about charts but plenty of youtubers have vids on top compliment getters

reminder chypre is the best frag family

Was. Chypre is hamstrung as a category due to restrictions on oakmoss. Thanks European Union.

what is the next purchases you guys are making?

>ANY YEAR, ANY CENTURY, ANY MILLENNIUM.
>WEARING/USING PERFUME/COLOGNE.

probably a bottle of odeur 53 next paycheck. might pick up that Heritage sample set Creed has up right now, as well.

i like 53 like 3 hours into the drydown, before that i find it on the wrong side of pleasant.

it took me a while to get used to the super-synthetic top notes, but after a few days of wearing the sample i was addicted. something about it's super-synthetic base is captivating to me.

I have CDG 2 Man on order. Hope to buy a bottle of OP image at the end of the month.

For Summer I have Allure Homme Sport, Bleu De Chanel, Dior Sauvage, Cool Water and Nautica Voyage. What essentials am I missing?

great pickup, i'll always swear by the OG 2 but Man is sublime.

Something not generic

Do the bottles come with a stand or do you just leave them lying flat?

once my 25ml of CdG2 runs out I'm gonna cop a bigger bottle, probably 50ml
I love it so much, definitely my daily wear for the foreseeable future
also gonna cop some creed samples to see what all the hype is about

leave them lying flat

As a collector whose shelf space is tight, this bottle design makes it much less likely I'll ever buy them. Luckily I haven't found any FBW.

how long would a bottle of blue de channel last?

4x spray a day on average

Women are pretty basic when it comes to scents, you don't need a $500 fragrance to make them think you smell good.

>Favourite fragrance is D&G light blue pour homme
>Wears off before I've even left the house

Whats something similar but an upgrade, Veeky Forums?

Aqva Marina Monotheme

damn, good price. Thanks

flat, i have plenty of room so it's so issue. i'm pretty sure the only bottles that come with a stand are the 100ml.

I could search up the differences people say, but what are your thoughts on 2 vs. 2 MAN?

In general, I find the deeper level of complexity in 2 more interesting than MAN. 2 has that incredible ink note settled in with various spices, where MAN seems to stop at incense and woodier notes. For me, MAN just comes off as much more reserved than 2. Also, I tend to dress on the metrosexual side, so 2's feminine aspects suit me. MAN is fantastic, but 2 draws me in much more.

2MAN is more masculine and smells less floral
i prefer 2 but MAN is nice if you prefer masculine scents over slightly feminine ones
also 2 has this metallic ink note that gives it a unique sharpness that MAN doesn't have

replied to the wrong post, meant for

i've had milk farts that lasted longer than la nuit

Besides the number of sprays that also depends on the size of the bottle and the intensity of the spray. I'd say a 50ml would last you around 3 months assuming you use 4 full sprays every single day.

thanks. I guess I could stretch that to 6 months

Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative to BdC?

looking for some recs guys.
male. let's say i have £100 to spend. looking for an everyday fragrance.
my dad wears chanel antaeus which i like, but i want something slightly more... exotic? that's probably not the right word. something woody and dark, but with something more to it.
i've been looking at CDG 2 and Kyoto, as well as Chanel Bleu. i haven't had the chance to smell any of these, but hopefully i'll get to soon. any of you have experience with these, and would you recommend them, or something else?

Just bought BdC for £29 on ebay. Has 90% left in it.

Hopefully it's good.

Best place to get discounted frags in UK?

sex Male 21, work at my office( med related)
price range Anything would do seasons/weather: Mostly warm weather
occasions: Work on my med clinic
other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike: Dont have any experience on this
personal style/aura you want to project: Some fresh and serious presence if that makes sense

I only have tried 3 fragances in my life, 212 vip, CH by Carolina and Invictus

Looking to buy 3 or 4 fragances to use on day to day at work
I work in my medical clinic so I´m in contact with patients a large portion of the day

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver says visit to the doctor to me

Dont do obnoxious scents like invictus, good scents while staying professional are L'eau de issey pour homme, chanel egoiste, dia pour homme or Silver cologne by Amouage

TK Maxx

Thanks m8´s gonna try those

Thinking about buying 2 scents. One for fall/winter and one for the coming spring/summer. Any opinions on L'Occitane Eau Des Baux as a fall/winter and Versace Eros as a spring/summer scent?

These will be my first purchases, so I'm also wondering..does cologne ever expire? I know that I should keep them out of the sunlight, but is there anything else I should keep in mind?

Did i do good?

Forgot to mention, if any of the two is not a worthwhile purchase, is there anything you would recommend?

For fall/winter I'm looking for tobacco,
vanilla, cardamom, something spicy.

For spring/summer I'm looking for mint, lemon, green, something fresh.

Yeah but the sprayer is terrible

What's a good fragrance for an 18 year old to elicit the "I want to bury my head in your chest and smell you" response in people? Preferably something on the cheaper side (all though I can spend a bit over $100 for sure) and is maybe not something most people would recognize

eau des baux is a fine choice, burberry london is as well.

no opinion on eros.

if the cologne's in a spray bottle, and you keep it out of the sun and out of the heat, it'll last 20+ years. keep it in a drawer or cabinet and you have nothing to worry about.

i wish they still produced their synthetic line. i want to try them allllll.

I've been complimented a lot wearing 1 Million, but I think it smells best a few days after you spray it on a jacket or sweatshirt.

Nonono eros is not a summer scent. Eros is a clubbing scent and nothing else.
Are you sure you didn't mean Versace pour homme? That's a gorgeous summer scent

La nuit. But it has shit longevity so keep that in mind.

thoughts on burberry?

What's a classy fragrance for a banker that tells people "I'm too good for you."

Anything that Amouage has released

Any of it smell like money while still being masculine.

roja dove, mdci

Yeah, a lot of their stuff is opulent as fuck and really masculine.
I like Journey Man, really warm and spicy with good depth.
Opus VII is another I like, very strong dark oriental smell. Definitely does not smell cheap.

Look up some reviews and possibly try to get your hands on some samples.

The average atomizer doses ~0.1ml/spray. You can do the math from there.

can we please stop discussing designer frags

whats your niche favorite

is CDG niche? if so, 2 is my favorite.

If not, I really love a scent called Past Presence from Roads, great black tea/jasmine scent. A bit lacking on longevity but it has great projection and smells fantastic.

Any Creed, Tom Ford or Guerlain

Also Amouage like the other user said

No

Thoughts on mugler cologne

>maybe not something most people would recognize
>la nuit

Would Pour Homme also be fine to use for spring? Reading up on it, it does seem to have a lot of the qualities I want for a spring/summer scent minus the mint. Anything similar to it that has mint qualities as well?

Just copped a shit ton of samples

I am so excited boys

Any minty, woody, lemony stuff for spring and summer around the $50 range? Looking at Versace pour homme, but I want something a little less generic.

If I want people to smell it more, do I spray it on my skin or my clothes?

Personal fave

opinions on versace oud noir??

IKTFB!

ok

aqua universalis forte
lumiere noire homme
sel marin
at the beach 1966
arso
norne
new haarlem
fils de dieu
tauer - marocain

now what

tell us which ones you dip

fragrantica.com/ingredients-search/

LOL

>smell like money while still being masculine
this is like a perfect description of amouage. it's overpriced imo, but they have a couple of really good frags

just be careful with overspraying. a lot of amouage are really powerful

basically everything serge lutens has released

I don't care if they're supposed to be feminie, I like fleurs d'oranger, la fille de berlin, and bois de violette in summer, and chergui, la fille de aiguilles, and ambre sultan in winter

Does anyone have any tips on DIY fragrances?

That would make a 50ml last nearly a year (2spray a day), seems wrong

So spring is coming up and looking for a compliment getter scent.

Sauvage
Dior Homme Sport

are the two I'm thinking of getting. Leaning on finally biting the bullet and blind buying Sauvage since apparently girls find it irresistible and stories of girls just randomly coming up to guys and complimenting them for wearing. And Dior Homme Sport because I'm a fan of the fragrance line and I sampled it at Macys and thought it was great.

Fragrances I own :
Acqua Di Gio Profumo- Sig scent (I like the bad boy vibe)
Tuscan Leather
Dior Homme Intense
Dior Homme Parfum
Tres Nuit Armaf
Armani Code Profumo
Divin Enfant
Lacoste White
Terra d Hermes Gentiane

>Acqua Di Gio Profumo- Sig scent (I like the bad boy vibe)
kek, i ordered only a 5 ml vial sample being the jew, i'm not a fan of it to say the least, it went right into the toilet, where i'll be able to use it as an air freshener probably

fuck you Jeremy

I love it and works great on my skin. It's the only scent I get complimented on by girls all the time. I hate to use the term "panty dropper" , but this really really works. (the other being Tres Nuit but I'm embarrassed by all the compliments because it's such a cheap fragrance).

Also I don't like jeremy and don't listen to him all the scents I own is from my own research and sampling.

Is it just me or does Rose 31 by Le Labo along with VIW by Creed have the worst longevity of any aftershave?

Can anyone recommend me a nice spring summer scent along the lines of what I've just mentioned that actually last on your skin?

Would anyone rec Amouage Dia Man?

Price range isnt really an issue.

23/M

Thanks.

Currently wearing left, want to know about right.

My friend had fuel for life and wore it on a night out drinking once. Hes quite a shy guy and got a couple of compliments from it, he was quite overwhelmed from that experience. Smelt nice and lasted a while, projection must have been okay too I guess... hence the compliments.

Only issue I have with it is that its widely available (In the UK anyway) and this puts me off because im a massive hipster and want to smell like a special snowflake. However, if you don't mind other people possibly having it on around you id go for it.

I will have to try it then. I saw someone saying it looked like something from Mad Max, but smelled better.

I meant to say Perfume, not aftershave.

s-sorry im new ;-;

what's the consensus on oud-based perfumes on grills lads

I tested versace oud oriental the other day and really liked it, thinking of replacing my usual evening perfume (agent provocateur) with it

I switch between Tom Ford Tuscan Leather and Creed Aventus.

Is tuscan leather worth the money?

I'm
And my opinion is NO. I myself enjoy the fragrance for myself, but I never get complimented on it. Also after 4 hours of wear, he gives a weird scent in the air that makes me nausea. I usually have to go to the bathroom at the 4 hour mark to puke a little and wash it off. I only wear it because I paid 300 bucks for the bottle.

I love the smell, it's like entering an italian shoemaker. I've received a lot of compliments, but never by women in their early twenties.

What you don't like ADG profumo? It's so God tier
What Don't you like about it? Explain plz

So I've worn these 3-4 times now and for the first time an Aventus alternative has made me forget that I wasn't actually wearing Creed. PV Noir wears very similarly to Aventus, the only issue being that you need to double tap the sprayer to match the fire hose Creed nozzle. As long as similar amounts are applied, it's a great clone. Right up there with La Yuqawam as the only clone fragrance that I can recommend without reservation. If I ever run out of Aventus I honestly won't feel the need to replace the bottle as long as I can still buy Pineapple Vintage. Do I wish it were even cheaper than $1.05/ml? Of course, but it beats $2/ml or more for gray market Creed tester bottles.

Have you ever layered them? I've wanted to do tuscaventus for a while but I'm not sure what's the best way

How's this? I have dior man intense, is it too similar^?

Is Pour Monsieur a safe fragrance to blind-buy? For reference, I very much like Egoiste and Antaeus, so in my mind Chanel can really do no wrong and rounding out my Chanel collection would be nice.

>Spring is coming up

Wat