Why does everybody look good in a suit?

Why does everybody look good in a suit?

because it's a timeless look

Because they're the product of hundreds of years of accumulated tailoring knowledge about how to make flabby middle aged aristocrats look young and athletic.

>Why does everybody look good in a suit?

THAT IS A HYPERBOLE.

>because it's a timeless look

WHAT CONSTITUTES A "TIMELESS" THING THOUGH? IS IT SOMETHING THAT IS PERPETUATED MERELY BY ROTE CUSTOM —TRADITION—, OR SOMETHING THAT IS SO SIMPLE AND FUNCTIONAL THAT IT WILL ALWAYS SEEM GOOD, AND FIT WELL, WHILST PROTECTING ONE FROM THE ELEMENTS? IF THE FORMER, THEN YOU ARE MERELY POSING A TAUTOLOGY; IF THE LATTER, THEN YOUR OPINION IS ERRONEOUS, BECAUSE CURRENTLY NORMAL FORMALWEAR IS EXTREMELY IMPRACTICAL, AND SATURATED WITH VESTIGIAL SUPERFLUITIES.

SOMETHING IS TRULY "TIMELESS" WHEN IT IS BOTH, AESTHETICALLY, AND FUNCTIONALLY, OPTIMAL, REGARDLESS OF ITS POPULARITY, OR PREVALENCE.

It fits any era is what it means, it is never out of fashion

Get it? You're really annoying.

ACCORDING TO THAT DEFINITION, FORMALWEAR SUITS ARE NOT "TIMELESS", SO, YOUR OPINION IS ERRONEOUS.

How?

People don't objectively look good in suits, it's mere social programming. In our era suits signify conformity and a positive social status. But they're just a costume from our time period. If you lived in ancient Rome, you'd think everyone wearing a burgundy toga looked objectively great and timeless, but it would be the same kind of illusion.

FORMALWEAR SUITS —IN THEIR CURRENT FORM; THE FORM TO WHICH, PRESUMABLY, THE QUESTION IN THE "ORIGINAL POST" IS REFERRING— DO NOT "FIT ANY ERA"...

How?

Well George Washington would think them a bit plain, albeit made of very nice fabric, but they fit any era after the turn of the 20th century and there's no reason to think that'll change within the lifetime of a garment bought right now, so for practical purposes, it's timeless.

Also a business suit isn't "formalwear"

"timeless look" meme'd.
This timeless look is a less than 100 years and inside that period of time it has changed drastically.

People are more likely to pay attention to fit with a suit.

People look better in well fitting clothes, for many other types of clothes, people don't bother as much.

Tailoring

i look like shit in a suit, mainly because i have rather long hair, makes me look like solid snake but in a bad way

jesus christ you're so fucking cringy

No one mentioned formalwear except you, autistic shitskins really need to log off

This, the retarded shitskin would know this if he didnt live in the third world

My hair is just getting over the awkward middle length i look great in a suit im not sure what your issue is, your suit is probably cheap and poorly made

fucking weirdo