Trading

Do any of you fags actually trade? Or do you just sit around all day and speculation on fucking bitcoin? And as for that moron on the other thread talking about making money off stocks when they go up like $00.0001 you are a fucking idiot and from one Australian to another the ASX is for absolute morons. 30% on the day

No one on Veeky Forums drives
No one on Veeky Forums works out
No one on /v/ plays video games
No one on Veeky Forums ...

I trade FX. I trade crypto.

I want to get into and trade stocks soon. I'm working on hitting the min. capital reqs.

Up 130% for my first quarter.

>No one on Veeky Forums drives
im sure they drive some shitheap
>No one on Veeky Forums works out
Verifiable fact
>No one on /v/ plays video games
thats all those autists do
>No one on Veeky Forums invests
unless you count throwing 200 away on robinhood an investment

I do 1-2 trades a week. I don't trade penny stocks like your dumb ass though.

why not?

i make about 5-10 trades a week..I have live pricing/news releases and level 2 at my work so i can beat out the plebs on intraday moves

level 2 isnt that impressive lol

It's advantageous dumbo.

I buy dips that look like they'll turn around within the day. 4/4 good trades so far. Only bad trade was one I let sit overnight.

>he thinks all trades aren't speculation
>he owns no bitcoin
fucking lol

eh? most people trading intraday will have orderbook data - the people who tend to make the most money are at high frequency trading firms... the typical retail/daytrader punter with level 2 data will still tend to lose money in the long run unless they're exceptionally gifted

How do you trade daily without hitting the freerider restriction?

>he owns no bitcoin
Smart guy.

>
>
>How do you trade daily without hitting the freerider restrictions

Multiple brokers you duck or bring your cash to 25k on a margin account

fpbp

I'm fucked. I'm almost at my $3K limit for a yearly loss deduction and I'll have to carry over for future years. But like 6 months ago, with Yellen increasing interest rates, wars dying down, the dollar strong as fuck, the fed taper tantrum over, I went all-in on QQQ (nasdaq etf) with margin, and I was taking it in the ass until last week. Then I was even and sold some call options, made $120 on stupid risky shit. Then GOOG, MSFT, INTC and now AAPL all take a massive shit!

So yeah, I trade stocks and options and if I was any good at it I'd be rich but it's fucking hard. Thank god I just did a paper (fantasy) experiment this week on a straddle play. It may be better to sell options like a hedge fund or some such, my experiment has shown only losses. At least AKAM is doing OK. I even bought WFC and they're getting fined and shit. Cannot pick anything right. FML.

>I'm fucked. I'm almost at my $3K limit for a yearly loss deduction and I'll have to carry over for future years. But like 6 months ago, with Yellen increasing interest rates, wars dying down, the dollar strong as fuck, the fed taper tantrum over, I went all-in on QQQ (nasdaq etf) with margin, and I was taking it in the ass until last week. Then I was even and sold some call options, made $120 on stupid risky shit. Then GOOG, MSFT, INTC and now AAPL all take a massive shit!
>So yeah, I trade stocks and options and if I was any good at it I'd be rich but it's fucking hard. Thank god I just did a paper (fantasy) experiment this week on a straddle play. It may be better to sell options like a hedge fund or some such, my experiment has shown only losses. At least AKAM is doing OK. I even bought WFC and they're getting fined and shit. Cannot pick anything right. FML.

I've made 17% when I stumbled on volatilestock.com the author hasn't been active since the bank plunge. I just used it for ideas and sought my opportune moment.

I pay about 7k a year for my research

I do. As a matter of fact, I've written trading algorithms on Quantopian for awhile now. Also, I've been working on letting my server do all of the bidding and selling for me through the Robinhood API. At the moment, I have to select the securities and load money into the account but I'm soon on my way to having it actually choosing the securities by scraping data from various APIs. So far, it's gained me about $386.22. It does need improvement though.

How much of a % is that

+14.36% over the past month. I consider it pretty good considering it's only shuffling penny stocks around.

algo trader of stocks here. up 80k this year. it's been a very slow year.