Why do rich people like Golf? What other hobbies do rich people do?

Why do rich people like Golf? What other hobbies do rich people do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h_v5zf_LLrE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Idk but im thinking about learning, so i can network if i ever need to. Tennis, country clubs, charities, derby?

Not rich but I enjoy the challenge and the excuse to spend a day away from my wife

Have you ever tried playing table tennis, or any other calm sport where you can just talk with whoever you're playing with?

That's basically what golf is all about, talking with people. It also required you to focus and have a clear mind (or at least try to) which can be relaxing to most people.

>table tennis
>calm sport

its many bang for your bucks.
You get to see how people react to stress. It takes a while so with something to sell you can wear a person down on an idea. decent exercise. Sunlight. some gambling elements. Does this person have the tenacity to master a needlessly difficult problem. low intensity moderate exercise. Do you have the clutch mechanism where you can quiet the world and focus on what needs to be done.
Doing big deals takes a big amount of time. which golf affords you. need to hash out the details on a 2000 page contract. lets go to the course instead of being cramped and stuffing ourselves with pizza and beer.

You could just play it casually though, no need to go balls deep.

Table tennis is the ultimate competition where laws of physics don't apply.

Most business deals happen on the golf course.

Sucking circumcised dicks.

who let the 12 year old itt?

good quote

what nonsense. "Does this person have the tenacity to master a needlessly difficult problem" lol.

its the closest thing to sitting down at a meeting for 4 hours except standing up. thats really it

>why do rich people like golf
It's expensive, it's a gaudy display of consumption (courses require lots of land & maintenance is expensive), it's a game you can play while drinking, it's low-intensity so it's not particularly hard to play if you're out of shape, and it's challenging, so being good at it is kind of a big deal/something you can brag about with your friends.

why'd you marry her so

>it's a game you can play while drinking
how many beers before my slice turns into a hook?

It requires alot of money, free time and patience. Things which rich people have an abundance of.

Yeah, negative side of golf is that it takes easily 6 hours to play 18 holes. Basically the whole day if you calculate the preparation, maybe some "lunch break" (beer) after 9 holes and the drive to the course.

It's pretty fun if you have good group of friends to play with. I dont enjoy playing with strangers at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=h_v5zf_LLrE

>6 hours to play 18 holes

It's the only way to get your balls deep into 18 holes without your wife getting mad?

If you have an empty course and a car, then you can do quicker. But if you walk it's 3 hours at best with zero breaks. So with drive, some waiting on the course and breaks, it's 5-6 hours off the day

>not walking
>needing breaks
>needing more than 4 hours
Is this how Americans play golf?

This man is correct

You can play it at any age, agility is not required, and its exclusive.

/THREAD

I personally find normal golf boring (well unless it's like wiisports that shit was fun at the time) and minigolf being the more exciting one. You don't have to do so much walking and you can focus more on the targeting geometry and ease of power all the time whereas with golf you only do that on the putting green. Plus I mean depending on the minigolf course some neat things can happen as well as a nice looking theme. Ever been to Myrtle Beach? Lots of nice various themed minigolf courses all over the place.

it teaches focus and relaxation under pressure.

i work at a country club over the summers. the former CEO of mcdonalds used to attend top kek.

can i get my foot in the door with any of these fellas or am i just there for a service?

That is just a stereotype, my dad is rich and he hates golf. He purchased a full set of gold clubs and only used them once.

Bullshit, golf's purpose is to sell a material lifestyle to boomers and sell mcmansions. Golf is for old farts and fags that can't play a real sport

Let's see:

1) it's relaxing, especailly in the early morning shooting out there with that rising sun and green grass and tree away from noise of the city

2)only other rich(not always) people so it's great for networking and getting business proposals done.

3)You don't have to run out of breath swinging a club

Golf is for cringe old fucks baby boomers.

>it's a low intensity sport, so you can be a fat fuck and still swing a small ball with a thin stick

>you keep swinging the stick and hit the ball until you can fit it into a tiny hole

Yeah it's a cringe "sport" for old fucks.

It's like a walk in a park with some shit to do in between so it doesn't look gay. I personally settle my deals while hiking, but not everyone is in the same condition.

I'm mad cause someone doesn't like my retarded waste of space "sport"

>6 hours to play 18 holes
jesus you must be terrible

Middle class people that are thousands in debt because of luxury cars and $750K mortgages like golf. Actual rich people are always working.

This is accurate.

Maybe not 6 hours, but with lunch break and stuff, 18 holes can easily take 4 - 5 hours.

It's one of my complaints off golf.

When I work out or "play" I'm looking to do something for a couple hours, not all fucking day.