youtube.com/watch?v=RgNfwGMFBzA
youtu.be/7UiBQr_PFVY?t=12
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiberno-Roman_relations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hey bitches, this is now a Sulla thread

>Fun times in Rome

Did Romans not recruit men with faces?

A roman has no face

Hey romaboos, why do your archers suck so much? Unlike the glorious Han army.

youtube.com/watch?v=KjZn4FTHMfY

> Celebrating Christians

Rome fell in 380 AD.

THIS

Wow why is that Roman giving a Nazi salute.

Why did Majorian have to die? Rome could have healed under him.

the Marian reforms, Augustus's rule and Caracalla's edict doomed Rome

Gosh what a mighty empire

youtube.com/watch?v=d8LiQFnkuJY

Pure sex.

MODS BAN THIS SICK FUCK

>General the men are wavering

>Lucius i swear to Dis if you throw that pilum into the back of my head...

HNNNNNGGGGG

Is this a drill or a real riot?

I kind of wish melee was still relevant in modern combat. I'd love if more combat scenes in films were shown like this. So much more interesting than fucking grunting and slashing shit.

I wonder if this would actually work against real rioters

It's a drill, a pretty crazy one at that - the individual combat looks like the individuals were trying their hardest to actually riot in a training scenario.

Who knows who well it would work in an actual riot, I imagine it would work to some extent. An force without a general would just get wreaked in the panic when faced with those tactics, once they start getting split up and what not I imagine everyone doing the bolt.

we wuz romanz

youtube.com/watch?v=vH5sDDh71WE
youtube.com/watch?v=xhbzhrfY1Lo

Euromaidan was pure melee goodness and shows you just how well old tactics worked, it's awesome to study it
>shield walls
>fortifications
>supply lines
>siege engines
>shields, helmets and shanks of all kinds
>full plate armor dudes running around
>battle priests flying banners
>fire, ice, chemicals and noise for psychological warfare
>clank clank clank clank clank

It's really something else to be riot police, have to just stand there and take shit and try to grab a rioter every now and again.

Never mid the morality, those men are brave as fuck.

Source?

DEUS VULT

It's not a combat situation, these rioters are not being pressed from behind to charge and can flee and regroup easily. Rioters tend to switch from passive to aggressive stances and might not always be attacking, they're always moving around the police lines and never forming a proper battle line, so these tactics are all show. IRL cops don't EVER show their backs or leave gaps for rioters because they're going to get their shit beaten up.

youtube.com/watch?v=o7mOVux83p8

now, compare it to what Romans might have faced, these guys are nowhere near as aggressive or numerous, a Gallic army would be as much or more dense than the Romans and charge with very strong momentum, denying a ton of the manouvering space you see there.

imagine a Black Friday mob instead of Rioters, an avalanche of sword-swinging savages screaming at the top of their lungs in their gibberish language decending upon you, either stabby-stabbing you or trampling you, throwing rocks, javelins and any random crap on the ground(including body parts), compacting you and your comrades among a flesh wall, reeking with all the sweat, blood, guts and shit and an absolutely deafening cacophony of metallic clanging, wails, shrieks and howls. You would be so close to the asshole trying to kill you you'd fucking taste him.

youtube.com/watch?v=DigiWS1YhxI
youtube.com/watch?v=6-saZ34qI2U

>you will never carthage

>the Marian reforms

u wot m8?

Late Rome best Rome

Marian reforms set the way for plebs and regular people who didn't care about the state of the Republic to join the Legions, and only cared about their pay and essentially the General who led them. It was still fucking awesome what Marian did.

I wonder if there ever was a small division or contingent of ethnic sub-saharan africans in the Roman army

>tfw ywn be part of a military expedition that lands on a foreign never explored world and btfo all the primitive savages who inhabit it
Why should I live again?

>trousers

That Rome ever tolerated such barbarism

I wish the moralfag police would shut up about gladiator battles. I don't care if a couple of irishmen or whatever sign up to kill eachother.

They probably had some black Africans auxila at some point

youtube.com/watch?v=RgNfwGMFBzA

Dacians were bretty cool too desu

Cool pic user

TFW

makes you think doesn't it

>de_bello_gallico.webm

Post your ideal Romes, lads

Not enough

>galic wars
>lorica segmentata

shit painting m8

Agreed 100% with you there. It may have been a necessity for the army ultimately, but it was disastrous for stability.

You all lack ambition.

>these guys slap your gf's ass, what do you do?

they wouldn't even need to kill eachother, just get fat so they can bleed a ton.

those webms look too much like Battle of the Nations' not-LARP whacking instead of showing swordmanship though, you gotta have a point-based system for hits but still allow for wrestling moves, kicks and brutal fighting, the point would be to make the fights impressive and entertaining, after all. Damnatio Ad Bestias totally needs to come back though. Those endangered species need a decent breeding program.

i have a question, why was it not ok to have "Samnites" after they became an allied tribe but the Thraex were a thing anyway?

what the fuck

the blade is rusted and aged to shit but the pommel is nice and clean? did they replace the pommel?

WHY?? don't fucking touch it, just create a copy

it's likely that the pommel and grip were missing altogether and they made a reproduction to add it onto the relic blade in order to give a clearer idea of how it looked like to the viewer.

I'm still kind of butthurt. A nice new one next to it would be better and you don't have to mess with something around 2,000 years old much.

Braccae...

>tfw will never bathe in bathhouses with my fellow brawny, sweaty legionnaires

>tfw will never loot dead Gauls for denarii to buy that gladius i saw in the bazaar

>tfw will never spawn a daughter to be sold at 16 as a marriage token to an aristocrat

Why live senpai

Live for the world that tomorrow could be, user.

All you need is a few, good men.

>tfw cant spend all night at the tavern playing board games, eating fish paste, bread, cabbage and drinking good wine with my fellow Romans
>tfw Pax Romana so joining the legion sucks
>tfw Cursus honorum is useless now and my father wasted his money on that greek slave for me
>tfw have to work early morning at the forum instead of staying at my domus oiling myself like a Patrician
>tfw the Tribune bullies me

My Name is Nero just got finished being translated.
mega:///#F!119QSBhS!bCe22AtmY6puabi3XL5b1A

>first chapter released in 2012
>second chapter released in 2016
based romaboo scanlator

call the legions

Yeah, its pretty nice of them.

>Pax Romana, so joining the Legions is shit
From what I know about it, life in the British or Rhine legions in the early 2nd century seems pretty comfy desu

>stand the occasional watch over green British hills
>get away from the drizzle in a warm bathhouse
>hit the taverns with your mates and drink Celtic beer (the top notch beer of the Empire)
>bang qt redheads and blondes that you'd never see back home
>don't do much fighting except dealing with brigands and piss poor Irish and Pictish boat people

Not a bad 15 years. Then you go down to Gaul or Spain for your land, find a wife, own a farm and live the ideal Roman life.

That's called a Roman salute

REMOVE CARTHAGE
youtu.be/7UiBQr_PFVY?t=12

Is that made by Yas?

Take 35,000 men to Mattium, murder all the men, women and children, and then burn it to the ground so thoroughly that 21st century archaeologists can't even find it.

Yup.

We were never taken by the Romans tho

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiberno-Roman_relations

Makes you realise how scary the Romans must have been compared to barbarian rabble

>Tfw this somewhat triggered me

The rioters are basically skirmishers against Romans.

How Caesar dealt with the Numidians who would not engage in melee, they just threw javelins and retreated when attacked
>Faced with an enemy of this kind Caesar proceeded to train his forces, not as a commander trains a veteran army with a magnificent record of victorious achievements, but as a gladiatorial instructor trains his recruits. How many feet they were to retreat from the enemy; the manner in which they must wheel round upon their adversary; the restricted space in which they must offer him resistance — now doubling forward, now retiring and making feint attacks; and almost the spot from which, and the manner in which they must discharge their missiles — these were the lessons he taught them. For it was surprising the amount of worry and anxiety the enemy's light-armed troops were causing our army, what with their making the cavalry chary of engaging for fear of losing their mounts, since the light-armed troops kept killing them with their javelins, and with their wearing the legionaries out by their speediness; for no sooner had a heavy-armed soldier, when pursued by them, halted and then made an attack on them than their speed of movement enabled them easily to avoid the danger.

>i have a question, why was it not ok to have "Samnites" after they became an allied tribe but the Thraex were a thing anyway?
Because the samnites became socii, and they were italics anyway, whereas the thracians were just shitty provincials. Hell they weren't even provinced until like Vespasian, and they only got citizenship under Caracalla.

Rome a shit

>battle-of-the-teutoberg-forest.jpg
>teutoberg
EVERY TIME

>wanting to miss out on putting a gladius in someone's ribcage
bitch we got Syrians to bore themselves to death in the back

>Berg

It was Judea all along

>tfw you will never watch your countrymen battle to the death for your amusement in the Ring of Tara
Why even live

Why is Julius Caesar so husbando-tier.

>his whole portrayal in Rome
>completely destroyed Gaul after they called him a manlet
>chose Octavian to be his successor, who in some god divine miracle kickstarted the golden ages of the Roman Empire and is pretty much the greatest politician

how does he fucking do it?

What are some good Roman literature?

>there are people on this board that really believe the world wouldn't be a better place today if Carthage hadn't crushed those upstart guidos in the punic wars

>devil-worshiping north african jews
>better