Raw denim general

Are Unbranded 101's really worth the increased price compared to Levi's 511's?

Unbranded doesn't even make matching sherpa trucker jackets!

What am I supposed to do?

>it ain't Iron Heart starts playing

Levi's Vintage Collection is the only true American heritage!

raw denim is unbelievably gross looking in texture, wash color, and fit

just buy some acne or APCs in black instead of looking like a MFA bitchboi

also, wearing denim jackets (especially if they aren't lightwash) with any wash of jeans that isn't black is fucking disgusting and you should rethink your sickening entire style you've cultivated

p.s. "fashion conscious" raw denim stans look like this, don't let them influence what you wear

Dont apc and acne come in raw? Sorry if this is a stupid question I just prefer other jeans than them

nah i don't think acne have any raw denim, most of their shit is definitely washable. apc have some raw stuff but i don't fuck with it, their normal jeans are incredible fit-wise though (especially the petit new standards)

raw just straight up sucks because they end up all nasty and baggy with loose ass stacks that look fucking disgusting, and not being able to wash your jeans for almost 6 months is just straight up unsanitary. raw denim gets fucked up way before normal just because pants are p much meant to be washed, letting shit hang around in your clothes ends up with them getting slowly torn apart while stuff gets rubbed in beyond repair

510s > 511s if you're on a budget, desu i never really fucked with the tapering on 511s at the ankle. i hate jeans breaking over my shoes though, not because of all that hypebeast skinny shit but just because i've always hated that aesthetic of clothes that don't fit very well

What 511's do I buy? Black?

>What 511's do I buy? Black?
buy black 512s or 510s, 511s are "slim" for people who have 25+ bmis

Black is alright though? Appreciate the impute.

Raw denim really is a meme unless you're willing to wear the jeans for months on end until they start fading so you can have a white square around where your phone and wallet go. As far as quality goes, there is no difference. There are more high-end raw denim brands that use better materials but something from Acne that isn't raw denim will last just as long and even retain color forever depending on the wash.

Black is fine imo. I like how they fit in the thighs but below the knee they're a lot roomier than they should be. 511s on sale and a tailor will make them look better than most jeans out there at a reasonable price.

dude it literally goes with p much anything and it looks really flattering

you can wear sweatshirts, sweaters, tees, heavy ass jackets, parkas, or whatever other shit you have and it'll look great. the flat black wash is way less demanding

also idk about your previous experience with levis but you might want to size down one waist size if you cop any stretch jeans. desu i don't mind stretch at all, even if it does feel a little cheaper (though i don't really care for $40 jeans, plus it's way more comfortable), but they definitely stretch a size even with tumble drying (which you should do with the jeans inside out to preserve the wash).

i wear 32 in most jeans for waist but i usually grab 31s for anything stretch from levis

don't listen to this guy, doesn't know what he's talking about
you can wash your raws when ever as long as you're willing to deal with it fading throughout faster
wash with some vinegar to lock the dye in if you want

ugh god fuck off people like you are the worst

lmao is this 2009 Veeky Forums?

raw denim has been out of style and corny for a long time anyway, not even on a stupid streetwear-esque "hype" level but simply because no one besides button down wearing dad-bois on styleforums' "streetwear" section and r/mfa even gives a shit about ugly ass naked and famous jeans anymore

raws can look good sometimes

and i actually like the deep indigo look they have, it's a very versatile wash

the biggest problem is dumb people don't get them tailored to fit them properly so it looks like shitty niketalk denim

>nah
>fuck with
>corny
>hype beast

you talk like a ktt fashion sxn regular

raw denim is literally just jeans and are in fact a staple. yes they were a meme in like 2009 when the "corny" denim head culture was prevalent but they will always just be jeans in the end.

>Raw denim really is a meme
Is this a meme? Most denim should be raw, imo. Prefaded/predistressed denim looks corny and cheap. Raw indigo jeans are a wardrobe staple and go with pretty much everything. They look/feel sturdy and substantial. While they might be a little uncomfortable when you first start wearing them, over time they become incredibly comfy as they conform to your body. The fading that results looks organic and aesthetic af. Dye transfer and initial stiffness kinda sucks, but it's totally worth it when you end up with jeans that feel like a second skin.

I won't deny that the raw denim trend that happened a while back was corny and stupid (absurdly expensive, heavy as shit, contrived washing schemes, putting dumb shit in your pockets for SIK FADEZ, MAD STAXXXX, showing off the selvedge, etc), but that doesn't mean that raw denim itself is inherently bad. You don't have to be a pretentious, disgusting, memester with it. It's a perfect combination of form and function. It can last a long time and looks great in the process. Plain, dark indigo jeans will not "go out of style." Shit is classic.

I wouldn't really bother with unbranded. I think at the low end I'd try to grab APC or Naked and Famous on sale (they're often on sale, especially N&F). Or just up your price range and go for something better like momotaros, Ironhearts, PJB, whatever fits you like best.

I mostly wear washed jeans but I kind of want some raws just to have for fucking around in. There's something nice about having beater clothes for yardwork or walking the dog or derping around or whatever, sort of like CPs.

Can someone please tell where i can cop jeans like this

at the faggot store
(asos)

>Prefaded/predistressed denim looks corny and cheap.
That's if you're buying the cheap shit that comes with knee tears fro, H&M or whatever shit.

Some brands make absolutely godlike predistressed denim (RRL) but they cost way more than I'm willing to spend on this shit.

check your nearest trash bin

I've owned like 3 pairs of these and it's ok, the 14.5 oz weight definitely feels more substantial and THICC to wear but eventually just feels impractical - it reduces flexibility and doesn't feel any warmer in the cold like you think it would. It's copper hardware doesn't look that great imo and the fits aren't skinny enough to fit any aesthetic outside the americana thing they're going for.

If the only thing going for it is muh selvedge, 99% of people won't notice the difference in your jeans. Nudie, APC, Acne, Naked and famous have better cuts. The fabric on these aren't necessarily more durable though.

desu I just wear my uniqlo selvedge more, its more flexible and has a better cut. If I need to replace it, I know I can get it on sale for 35 if i'm lucky.

>buy pair of faded blue jeans from asos/topman/hm/zara
>cut at knees
>cut at hem
>cut at neck

you're a fucking idiot

>torso's 50% of body
holy fuck that looks bad, can't believe people still wear shit like this

>godlike predistressed denim (RRL)
still noticeably fake, it's failed it's purpose.

fell for it in late 2014. The knees became real baggy already, but there's no substantial tears on the fabric yet.

I'll probably retire them when the crotch blows out.

johnson 560s GOAT raw denim

Well-washed and well-worn raws can look really good imo. I'm not a fan of the hyper-contrasty look that so many raw denim fans advocate as "sick fades".

His knees are the size and shape of my Adams apple

You should see a doctor then.

>nah i don't think acne have any raw denim, most of their shit is definitely washable.
>most of their shit is definitely washable.
What? Are you saying that raws are unwashable or what? Are you one of those retards that bought into the whole SICK FADEZ MY GOOD SIR bullshit?