Robinhood General Thread - /rgt/

Robinhood General Thread - /rgt/

Missing the train edition

Visit the website first - www.robinhood.com

THERE ARE NO "UK EQUIVALENTS!" Stop asking

Candlestick charting guideline:
> stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:introduction_to_candlesticks

FAQs
> How is it free?
They invest your unsettled funds after a trade.
It's also pretty basic software.

> When is it coming to my country?
Probably never. They only have plans on an Australian beta ( robinhood.com/au/).

> It's been X days, why isn't my account isn't verified yet?
If it takes more than 3 days, try emailing their support. They are very good.

> Is this the right place to pump and dump and/or shill a worthless stock?
No, please go to Stocktwits, Plebbit, or one of our many chat groups.

> What's a good penny stock to invest in?
Don't buy penny stocks you cum guzzling mouth breathing retard.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, am I being jewed?
No, that would actually be illegal. Robinhood graphs are just shit and only show you an average, not-really-realtime price. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
thinkorswim is bretty gud if you want to go open a second account with real broker.
Otherwise you should be using Yahoo/Google finance or even Stocktwits for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VEYh7eNtVro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post all your dip buys from vefore and afters.
Theres a huge dip in my portfolio, despite upcoming positive news. Fucking cant wait for my funds to clear.

...I am new. Only been on 4 days

all my money is tied up right now. Waiting on funds from selling CERU to come in. Hoping for the Yahoo bump to come soon.

I've made 10 dollarS off 250 dollars. Am I doing good?

Yeah, but you have a long way to go senpai. It's the losses that will test your ability.

do you think yahoo will have a significant spike?

Buy AA walk away

Yahoo is trying to sell itself. It has a few buyers in line one of which is Verizon. I never understood it but when a company is getting ready to be sold its stock spikes. The company itself is losing money but the enticement of yahoo stock turning into a higher value stock will give it a bump. Not sure when the bump will come. I expected it on the 22nd but nothing has really happened after the bids were opened.

Feels good man

w-would Veeky Forums invest in me if I were an etf?

How's this?

>DRWI

DRAGON DRAGON
ROCK THE DRAGON

kek
how did you even manage this?

playing biz memes no doubt

This is how my 6 month looks too. All those hours invested and i could have just done more freelance work.

If im not a fulltime parttime trader I always go down.

Goodness gracious Twitter... what kind of rat bastard management IS this? I am not invested though, almost thought of pushing all in but luckily my better nature held me back. I thought I would see ONE trend breaking quarter.

Please just sell to Google already. I think Veeky Forums could run that company better.

What are this week's meme stocks? Already bought 1k shares of SKLN

>buying during the dump

Did everyone get ass raped today? Thread is rather quiet.

I'll ride it out if it tanks, I think their product is good.

>how is it free?

You also get a shit market price despite the quoted price. Bought pg and was instantly down 1.50 per share. Taking my money out of this shit scam of an app. They probably arbitrate your trades

Would buying AAPL be a good idea tomorrow morning ? It dipped 8% after hours because of a bad earnings report.

Not yet, stay on the sideline and then wait for the opportune moment you think you should get in. Tomorrow isn't gonna be it I can tell you that.

Where's the zika investor that keeps shilling for AVP?

That shit keeps going down.

Buy AA and walk away

Thank me later.

What's your reasoning?

> I never understood it but when a company is getting ready to be sold its stock spikes.

its because the company acquiring it pays a set price per stock to buy the company, and that set price is usually a bit higher than the current stock price.

say theres a company with $10 stock price, but the company has enough in assets and revenue that it should be a $15 stock price. when someone comes to buy that company, theyre more than likely going to pay around $15, so the days leading up the the sale, people are trying to hop in to profit on that $5 gap, which closes more and more as we get closer to the acquisition. hence the spike.

>hype on split
>big money shorted it and caused people to sell all the way down so that they have a better position to go long.
>big money shorts have been out and left retail shorts in
>value investors coming in and causing retail shorts to cover with higher priced shares.
>aluminum prices were beat down due to oversupply supposedly because of chinas aluminum subsidies which are supposedly supposed to end.

The list goes on, the stock is oversold imo. might have a pull back but overall should see the teens...
Just check out the accumulation period that happend this past 8 months and watch this video and match AA chart to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=VEYh7eNtVro

lol dont fall for that fuckin meme

>10 shares of XXII

i know that feel, what was your entry?

I've been continually getting raped by SKLN. I know it's going to pop some time soon, but I just don't know when. Knowing my luck, it'll be right when I decide to pull the fuck out.

>lol dont fall for that fuckin meme
You must not have been watching the stock since jan. when i started telling everyone......

your loss

Next month a lot of companies will have earnings reports. Most of my portfolio is small pharma/bios, some of which have newly approved FDA medications.

Would it be a good idea to sell them the day before their earnings report comes out then buy back in after the earning report causes a dip or if the numbers are good after the earnings report is released?

>Would it be a good idea to sell them the day before their earnings report comes out
Eh, that's iffy. It's hard to say really. You've just got to watch the previous trends and keep up with any news about them.

I was thinking that since they're small bios and the FDA approvals are very new (as in less than a month before sometimes), they wouldn't have had time to sell anything, so the earnings report would obviously be negative. This would cause a temporary dip in share price.

You could put a stop loss that's relatively high, then add a purchase limit on it.

I should've sold ceru last week but i held over the weekend like a dumb ass

So just stay in until it happens? Unless you desperately need that money right now.

I actually think that is a great idea.

Chances are there wont be any high profits yet so their cash flowsheets wont look too great.

Even if they do, you will only miss on a small percentage of profit.

It is worth the risk imo, i would do it, but i dont have any pharma companies.

Is Vanguard irrelevant now? Should I switch to Robinhood? If so, can I just transfer my shares?

should i sell all my shares of NETE, invest in a quick swing trade (2days-7days) then re-enter with my profits?

also, if i do something like that for quick profit, maybe 3-8%, will i get taxed more for selling more stocks?

FATE is the next KBIO/BUYOUT pump join before you lose.
BUY NIGGAS

I got in at 1.51 sold 5000 at 2.20
I got in again at 1.90 waiting for moonshot

dubs.

is that a legit strategy? To ride on into pumps and dump before the dump or even late for a quick profit?

Do taxes play a big part in taking your $$?
Also how long does a pump usually last?

>You scrape what you can and yeah taxes are a bitch
>Takeda, Japan’s largest pharmaceutical company, will provide US$166 million of funding for iPS research over the next ten years. FREE MONEY
>JUNO thinks they are a good company maybe
>MFW Martin Shkreli can call it shit and make shorting gains

>arbitrate your trades
Wait it out like the other user but watch closely. Tons of potential in AAPL. Going long and shorting.

I just looked it up. So you're saying if i make 30% off of one buy and sell transaction over 2 months......

I need to give up 30% of my profits to the US Government?

Is that fucking for real?

last time their short interest was this high (days to cover) was back in december and afterwords the stock price collapsed.

I'd watch it closely. If the stock starts moving up or going sideways, id buy into it. If it starts dropping get the hell out.

How the hell does this govt have the balls to ask for more tax money when they're already making a killing on everything?

ive been watching it for about a year, started position in sept. watch for 10.00 should be a good support. Im thinking it's going to have a big drop a couple weeks before split.

Welfare, and the government gives themselfs bonuses for doing such a "good job" they pretty much steal from the american working class. Social security might not exist in 20 years, if it doesn't exist that is straight stealing!

that is straight fucking robbery. i am so pissed they get their greedy little hands in my profits. I would gladly take that 30% and personally had it to people who really need it out on the street.

Hardworking individuals who could really use a quick $300 for baby food/rent

Put everything in $DRRX right now.
You heard it here first.

Give us the details :^)

PDUFA in september, they're waiting for approval on their chronic pain drug that's supposedly super hard to abuse(and prescription painkiller abuse is a huge issue in the US)

Shit, if it all works out those stocks are gonna moon, how many have you bought?

Mind posting the pharmacokinetics of the drug? Im not able to find any I do on it.

$TWTR gonna get wrecked today, anyone that bought after NFL deal will be fucked

Have you seen what happened to AAPL my friend?

GTFO OF ALL TECH STOCKS NOW

It could get to below $90

I'm in it for the long haul now

Oils up watch REXX for a nice short squeeze soon

AMD guides for strong Q2 with 15% QoQ revenue increase.
The company signs a JV agreement with China firm THATIC for custom server chips.
It receives $52 million Q1 from JV agreement.
AMD projects a profitable second half of 2016.

AA is up, buy the dip.

Buy AA and walk away.

Thank me later

This thing isn't done climbing.

Yup, holding onto AMD for a while, expecting a profit later this year

Got in at 2.12. Stay or go?

make some money, but leave a little

What are thoughts on Apple right now? Stock just price just went down by 8% due to shitty performance last year, could this be the next chipotle opportunity where the stock is severely undervalued and bound to bounce back? Or is apple finally becoming a less desired product in an industry flooded with comparable products that are cheaper without the apple brand attached?

Might buy into that $SKLN meme if it gets to 17

Xco to Le moon

I hope someone smart can answer this. I feel its cheap as hell right now and eventually it will go back up.

I guess finding the bottom is the tricky part.

SKLN literally to the ground

nobody told me memes lie

>I guess finding the bottom is the tricky part.
exactly what I'm thinking, it's early yet and people could respond to this information by panicking and selling their stock now in fear of further losses or doubling down and equaling out the pain.

Sold UNXL this morning at the high. Planning to buy back in on the dip later today.

>He hasn't bought AXAS yet

AA is looking good guys

what do you guys think of PYPL

earnings report coming afterhours today

If it goes below 90 I'm buying in.

oil looking very good so far today, just look at classic memes like LINE UPL and AZUR right now

I'm thinking the same thing for those sweet sweet dividends.

WTF is up with PETX?

Fucking skln, should have never listened to memes

Buy the dip, retard.

Had /bac/ reached its ceiling?

At this point I'm starting to question if it's a dip or a correction.

Which oncology stocks are you watching?
>post drug phase trial
>post what cancer it aims to cure or treat
> post how many people it effects and deadliness
>lastly is there any competition
Look at my dog, isnt he amazing?

I-itll go back up for s-sure

AA heres the dip

>3 mins
>$150 profit
>we trading nao

it only stings a bit that i could have tripled my profit waiting another 10 mins. whatev. all about that positive account balance.

Nice trade and nice dubdubs

thanks famalama. dubdubs was even better.

So I hear mining is supposed to go up this year. What's some good mining stocks?

Fcx

gg and nugt

LODE is my meme stock in mining. I wish I had jumped on AG back in Jan like I was told to

TLOG through the roof

idk why EA keeps s being valued as a good stock. It hasn't moved in months and doesn't look likely to move again until november