GPA

What was your GPA in undergrad?

Currently at a 3.93 right now but might get a B this semester which will drop me to a 3.88 and nix me from summa cum laude. How fucked am I?

I have a 2.8, you'll be ok.

No one's going to care as long as you get the degree.

Some places require 2.5 or 3. Usually it doesn't matter past that, but if you're still worried check out jobs

I'd say it's more important what school this gpa is from and what classes. A 3.9 is expected in liberal arts and the prestigious business school at my uni. I got a 3.3 in a hard af bio program that took me 3 years while working 20hrs a week and I got published. I'm not ashamed of how low that is.

2.9 checking in, 3.2 in my major (econ), 3.3 in my other major (German).

You'll be ok; I turned out fine. Working in technology for an F500, and hit $100k in total compensation sometime in 2014 (I graduated from college in 2010, started working full-time in Q2 2011)

I had a 2.06 graduating from UC school. Studied economics graduated 2011, I didn't put my GPA on my resume and just interviewed. I got the job over other people who had 3.3+ GPA. GPA doesn't matter if you don't interview well. I make well over 100k now.

I'm getting an Economics BA. Pretty worthless desu which is why I'm going to get a masters (already fully paid for luckily).

Pretty typical state public school. Nothing fancy or extraordinary.

Looks like there is hope for me and my Econ BA.

This shit is stressing me out Veeky Forumsninjas.

3.4 in an interdisciplinary librul rts BA because I thought countries and diplomacy were cool when I applied to college and didn't work hard for the first few years. Good thing I go to a top 50 desu

2.9/5 lol
Employers don't give a shit about grades. What matters is job experience. I got a higher starting salary than an average power systems engineer because I had job experience as a project engineer from a part-time job before I graduated.

Yeah I am beginning to think you should spend 40+ hrs doing literally fucking anything related to your degree a week and not care if it makes you have a 2.5 GPA/4. However if you CAN do better than that you should.

whatever allows you to still be able to enroll in your degree program. For me it's a 2.5 GPA.

I'm about to drop out and start my own accessory company though. I've created my mock-ups, successfully built an advertisement campaign around the landing page talking about my mock-up, and now I've gotten an email backer list of 8,235 people.

Get on my level user. I'm about to retire at 20.

Yep I had this with a political science/history degree from an sec school. Now I work in finance and my prospects are very good

mfw gpa of 1.6

I graduating with a biology major and chem/recreation (lol) minor. I've currently got around 198 credits and my GPA is literally set at 2.67. I could fail all my classes this semester and only bring it down .05.
I quit giving a shit about my GPA when I realized the only thing it is important for is grad school. Instead I focused my time on building my resume- getting numerous certs in and out of my field, getting diverse work experience at highly notable places and getting excellent references through that.
Your GPA doesn't matter anymore, though the degree may be necessary, it is experience employers want. And I have a better resume than practically anyone I know even with my shit gpa.

Yep. Job experience with mediocre grades or below average grades >>> perfect grades.

but the best is perfect grades and job experience. at that point it's pretty much any job you want, 300k starting salary.

Currently a 3.53 in applied mathematics, abstract algebra midterm tomorrow though that'll tear me a new asshole tho

No, not really. Even more important than those two factors is connections.

This is what I did. I was able to show projects and experience I had for both my Internship as well as the job I am starting in june. I never put my GPA. I honestly don't think it matters that much.

I am Economics btw.

Take a couple bullshit classes if it bothers you, raise it back up. Seriously.

2.8 in econ. I make 80k a year and I graduated in 2015

>What was your GPA in undergrad?

>How fucked am I?
None at all? At 24 I was making $80k out of school. Nobody cares about your grades

What exactly do you do and how do I do it?

I'm looking at 40k if I don't get a masters. Fug. How do I get those $80k jobs?

I have a 4.0 and will be making 150k out of school in 3 months. GPA definitely does matter.

No degree. 85k a year tax free pay checking in.

>3.9
>strong experience
>tfw you're making 200k starting
grades do matter at least somewhat my poorfriends

>150k in 3 months
Sounds like you're IBD to me, they're all starting around then

What was your major and school?

How do I become like you?

>mfw GPA of .86 in CS

I have a 2.5, no one wants to hire me for a internship

Bumping.

3.8 in a target business school

2.85 Mathematics + Physics major graduating in three weeks. Fuck my life.

3.97 I think.

But in highschool it was 1.9 lol

Graduated with ~ 2.8, but ~3.2 in my core courses.

Was shit when it came to managing my time to study and do homework, but made up for it with the sheer amount of independent learning I did on my own time, which forms the cornerstone of my professional credentials and the most marketable skills I have now.

Basically, if you're going to screw up your academic career, do it intelligently.

I graduated undergrad with a 3.2 cumulative GPA. Then did a 1-year post-bacc at a local state school, in which I got straight A's, bringing my GPA up to 3.4. This was good enough to get me into a top US MD program. I killed the MCAT though.

I'm probably gonna graduate with a 2.8. It's all good, gpa doesn't mean much in my field.