/utg/ - urban techwear general

>What is Urban Techwear
We wear clothes to be comfortable, to cover up our shame, and more importantly for our protection. Technical clothing, focuses on incorporating functionality using textiles and construction techniques to protect the user from their environment.

>Guide to Urban Techwear *Under Construction*
New Update! Please help expand this guide by participating:
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Discord
discord.gg/YgYhwhK

Other urls found in this thread:

ssense.com/en-us/men/product/11-by-boris-bidjan-saberi/black-hooded-zip-up-jacket/1653213
nuji.com/product/161415a9-98a1-4cfe-822e-4a1d053080b8/adidas-y3-mei-li-stretch-neoprene-trainers-black-white-black
discord.gg/YgYhwhK
youtube.com/watch?v=zUUUpyoRpI4
store.y-3.com/us/y3store/men/view-all-ss17
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

nike or adidas famalams?

dumping

any idea what coat that is?

no I just collect inspos man

my favourite- although admittedly this was from health ninja thread earlier today

birthday techspo is bestspo

>dressing like a hobo
>fashionable

pick one

>techwear is hobo

...are you actually retarded? techwear is expensive and futuristic-looking. Im just going to assume there's something wrong with you

i'll kill you with my carbon nano-edge wakizashi!!

he is pretty retarded for sure

Thanks for the dump user

anything for you senpai

can anyone recommend any techwear shoes? in the market for new runners

Is it me or does tech wear just not work with smaller people? I'm pretty short and I'm trying to figure out if I can pull this style off

id on sneakers?

be extra sure not to get long jackets like etc they will make your legs look even shorter- stick to sweaters desu

Cold steel leatherneck tanto*

I'm personally drooling all over the Y3 qasa highs. I want to get a repro.

Nike by far

Anyone got example pictures of female techwear?

most of the qasas are on sale for 50% on y3.

>6'5''

MKI garments wont ever fit me as garment length needs to be at least 31"-32"

They're still outside of my budget at 30 % off.

psssh! Nothing personal, kid

Figured that this would be a good thread. Recently found this old jacket of my dad when he was throwing away stuff. It is an off-white color with a blue-ish gray lining. Pretty sure its polyester.

It has a lot of hidden pockets and zippers (double front pockets, hidden pocket under the zipper, 3 pockets on the inside and 2 zippers in the armpits for ventilation purposes I guess.

Do you think this jacket would work in a techwear inspired fit? I have some Qasa Highs in all black. Any suggestions on what pants/upper?

Techwear is pretty dope when its not super edgy

Looks great

throw a fit together and we'll see
everything can work, if that works on you depends, it's impossible to judge just by the picture of the jacket alone

Good luck pulling off qasas

I have some inspo/pictures I can dump

I'm probably dumb but isn't this just streetwear with a hiking/alpinism jacket, all in dark colors ?

Kind of. People use the term in different ways but the baseline is that techwear is clothes with technical attributes derived from outdoor or athletic clothing. What you'll see a lot of the time is the streetwear techwear ITT but other styles exist (i.e. Outlier, Arcteryx Veilance).

Closer to athletic stuff than streetwear, we try to avoid being covered in logos

Y'all think this winter's ACG will go on sale at some point? I wanna pick up one of the cargos eventually.

fuck those are nice.

Maybe, might sell out before that happens

>he hasnt moved on to FutureChav

Does ACG go on sale at all? I'd cop in an instant if they ever went on sale, but they currently only have 2XL in stock.

ty for the explanation.

If you don't know them already you guys might like 66north. It's an icelandic brand, I have some of their products (pic related) for hiking because they pay attention to details and I like their fit. Unfortunately they do have visible logos on some jackets.

I take 1 size more than what I usually wear, icelandic people are tall but skinny.

depending on what the branding is it could be removed,embroidered branding would probably be harder without compromising the jacket

ID on shoes?

id hoodie

>tfw. when i coped nice white patagonia jacket
>white tapered cargo pants from maharishi
>white prestos
>all together looks like fuckin retarded white ninja
WHAT I WAS THINKING

ID on vest?

Retailers have put past season on sale and ppl on Sufu were sure of it, so I waited on copping. Now the Cargos are sold on on Nike, yeah... I think I'll cop if there's a restock.

You must post pics tho

what are these pants?

pic bro i need to see this

Get some goggles and take a fit in the snow
Gotta post

Who's the cutie

Is anyone interested in posting collections? I coulld provide pics of all my pieces and a fit pic or two, but my collection is still pretty underwhelming save for the one ACRNM piece I own. I'ts moslty 4d, Nike ACG, and the one Acronym jacket but I'd love to see what others have.

You'll definitely find that in the discord

Oh right, I always forget about that. Good call.

link to that thread please?

who tf is this man and how does he always look so icy

Thisistheodore

it's an older version of this coat: ssense.com/en-us/men/product/11-by-boris-bidjan-saberi/black-hooded-zip-up-jacket/1653213
thisistheodore

>nuji.com/product/161415a9-98a1-4cfe-822e-4a1d053080b8/adidas-y3-mei-li-stretch-neoprene-trainers-black-white-black

>mfw I live in Sydney and it is never cold enough to dress like this

look at the catalogue stupid nigger. threads dead.

>proud of a fit I put together
>want to post a picture here
>realize what an autist I look like taking phone selfies in my bathroom dressed like darth vader

How do all these people take sick wavy photos of themselves?

post it my dude, blur out your face if you want

A turbo manlet can't pull techwear off I assume?

more streetwear than techwear i think

super fucking tapered shit (or slightly baggy tapered) on a skinny body will always work

what parka?

Can there be such a thing as low techwear?

lurk moar

/r/ id on outerwear

Not techwear, stop posting yourself in unrelated threads please

Idk why you guys haven't started wearing approach shoes more.

>Implying velcro isn't more tech and utilitarian than glorified socks

this is void right?

post discord link

... It's in the OP ...
Unless that expired

>discord.gg/YgYhwhK
oh sorry. i missed it

Y-3 | Fall/Winter 2017-18 Runway Show
youtube.com/watch?v=zUUUpyoRpI4

Y-3 Store
store.y-3.com/us/y3store/men/view-all-ss17