Groups!
>MyFitnessPal: "Veeky Forums friends"
community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112013-fa-friends
>Lose It!: "Veeky Forums friends"
removed by mods :o(

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RD6XTsX5Aw8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

for people who are used to fasting (greater than 2 days)

What do you suggest in order to sleep at night?

Not eating is the easy part, but I hate the feeling of being in bed and not being able to sleep.

I don't stay in bed all day either, I usually workout for 50 minutes a day and walk a lot too.

I've tried 10mg melatonin, extra strength sleepy time tea, and magnesium before bed and nothing seems to help.

Ambien

Reposting from last thread to seek out for more tips

I am a 19 year old male, about 67kgs. I've never been quite interested in being skinny or taking up anorexia as a hobby, but recently I've become very self conscious about a certain feature of my body and I wanted to ask you guys about it.

The deal is that my legs, are naturally very fat, large, wide. To be more specific, my calves are massive in comparison to my thin body. They appear very muscular to others, while in reality I don't work them out and they just seem to be massive. Buying skinny / slim jeans is a nightmare because no pair of pants fit properly around my calves and I always have to buy a bigger pair of pants, which end up hugging my calves, yet being way too wide at the waist and way too long.

I don't know if the 65-68 kilogram weight range appears thin to you guys, it probably doesn't, but many would describe me as a pretty thin dude, a frail, young-looking guy. I don't eat a lot because I don't have a lot of money, live by myself and usually just forget to eat or something. The problem is, while my shoulders and frame in general seem to vanish after periods of starvation, my legs always stay as fat as ever.

Is there any hope for me to have slim, slender legs? Has anyone got any experience with losing weight specifically around the calves for males? I'm tired of looking like a short, stubby-legged dude with no properly fitting jeans. It seems as if I've never had thin legs even when I used to starve for months. What am I doing wrong?

Pic related aren't my legs, but the problem seems to be similar.

anything OTC?

I've considered NyQuil and Zzquil, but I'm fairly certain they're high calories since they have sugar (Ordinarily I wouldn't stress over these calories, I'd rather just stay close to 0 as possible while fasting)

Yeah, I wouldn't drink that sugar while fasting. Those aren't very effective anyways.

Problem is your fight or flight response goes in high gear when fasting. I never take sleep aids except when I fast, taking my gfs ambien.

Is there anything unusual about your walk? (Bow-legged, etc.) I have a friend who is bow-legged and the guy has developed monster calves from the extra exertion.

ask a tailoring shop to make the jeans fit you
>some stores do the job in the same shop
i´m 1.75m and 73kg
>kinda fat but just in the belly

you may look fat depending of your height and body fat %
>if you are cute having 4 or 5 kilograms more is not a big deal, but if you are average like me then start trainig

that guy is likely huge and showing those tree trunks off because he likes them...the good news is you prob have mild body dysmorphia and yours arent that big. maybe measure them and we can compare them with avergae ppl?

Maybe I'm just lucky but I just can't understand how people have problems sleeping. I have NEVER had issues falling asleep, and I can be out like a light in 15 minutes or less as long as I have a blanket and somewhere to curl up.

Do you go to bed at the same time every day? Having a routine time to go to bed has several benefits and will make you fall asleep easier. Just manually slow and deepen your breathing and go to bed at the same time every night. The rare times I have trouble sleeping, I just "imitate" the physical responses that the body has before falling asleep and it works.

Hey guys I'm 1.79m and 63 kg. What do I do when my mom offers me a sandwich? I don't wanna ruin my way to become the ultimate skeleton but she looks so happy when she sees me eating some food?

Save it for later.

I don't think so, unless I've developed some sort of autistic walk after spending 2 years glued to my computer in my teenage years. I guess noone is brave enough to point anything like that out to me, though.

Yeah, I might be a little bit too fat, I don't know, my body just seems to be out of proportion in general, I don't quite like how I look.

Yeah my legs aren't as huge as that, he's probably built. But I can definitely feel my legs being sort of big, out of proportion with my whole body, and it makes me look weird. Or maybe it's just that my body is not that good looking in general and that's what makes me look weird.

I'm currently in class and I don't have a tape measure at home, I can't take pictures of my legs at the moment

Look at your ankles. There're no fat of muscles but they are still wide, same your knees. It's just genetics, your lower body skel is huge and there's nothing you can do about it. Bones are bones. They don't grow nor they get smaller.

The pic isn't me, but it might be similar for me.

But I already have hipbones
I'm regular human with a pelvis

Eat it and eat less later?

Tell her you just ate, then save it, and eat it later when she is around. Hits two points: a) you are eating often and b) you liked her sandwich enough to eat it later

I only problems sleeping when I fast for more than one day.

I try to go to bed around the same time everyday (more or less 2 hours)

But often when I'm fasting I will take like 2 hours to sleep.

And when I fall asleep I can only sleep like 1-2 hours at a time.

doxylamine succinate, 50mg

what kind of sandwiches are they?
If your mom is into health foods it can be a fun interest to share, i.e., you can share recipes and things with each other.
When my mom learned that I was trying to lose weight she shared her favorite spinach salad recipe with me and bought me a kitchen scale for christmas. Maybe if you play your cards right you can get her to switch salads for sandwiches.

Anyone else get general anxiety when they stop restricting?

Like you feel anxious about getting fat because you are eating normal again?

No, like I don't worry about eating or getting fat but I feel constantly anxious for no reason (or worry about health etc, starndard GED stuff), but only when I eat on maintenance for more than a few days

Just eat the sandwich, you'll make it up. It's only 600-700 calories tops, your TDEE is probably somewhere close to 2000 calories a day, that's pretty much nothing in the scheme of things to make your mom happy.

Tell your mom you are trying to eat healthy and like the one user said, share recipes for healthy sandwiches or something. But you know her better than us; don't try to hurt her feelings or anything.

Not sure why that would be. I will say food has a profound affect on me and I've found changes in diet make a big difference. It could just be maybe you're eating more carbs or something else and it is causing you to have some different feels.

Anyone familiar with I Heart My Body? Best thinspiration is looking at whales promoting their obesity and hideousness.
youtube.com/watch?v=RD6XTsX5Aw8

Scream at her "I'M ON A FUCKING DIET" and then, pin her to the ground, take the sandwich and shove it in her mouth. Make her eat all of it while yelling "WHY WOULD YOU THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA MOM?!@#" while she cries keep shoving it down her throat. Then let her wash that sandwich down with your urine.

>tfw my fat people hate queue keeps growing

Yeah I eat more carbs mostly, roughly the same amount of protein and specific aminoacids

I was just interested if someone has the same experience, I don't think figuring out why exactly it happens really matters, for all I know it could not even be chemical fuckery and just me subconsciously getting scared of fat without realizing it

>roughly the same amount
I mean when restricting compared to maintenance
Like when I eat more I eat stuff that has less protein and more carbs and somehow end up with the same overall amount

hidration and mourning of a dead fregg

ilu frof

;_;7

This is very rude user, you shouldn't treat your mom that way

130 pounds today senpaitachi
hope to keep losing. intermittent fasting really helps :)

rip ciara

are rice cakes bad for losing weight?

Yes.

I tried out IF last week (500-800cal, eating window 5pm-9pm) but didn't see any changes other than decreased appetite. Should I adjust my window/intake or just be patient and keep going?

All carbs are

What changes were you expecting?
I don't think you'd see anything else in a week

b-but veggies

yes af
You'll be better off eating a couple of fruits if you want some carbs

kissmyashe edition?

>implying she doesn't understand how to handle their autism sperg outs by now

wot?

This is what I needed to hear really. I don't know what I was expecting

Really if you are only eating 500-800 calories a 24 hour daily fast is 100% the way to go from a fat burning standpoint. Splitting that up would become a little silly and then you'd never feel full.

What do you mean by 24 hour daily fast? As in, eat every 24 hours?

Yes. Your basically there, only I'd tighten it up to an hour (say between 7-8pm or whatever works for you). I'm just confirming what you are doing makes sense even if you aren't feeling anything incredible.

Bread, olives, water for 3 days now. -2kg, feels good

Ah, I see. I was sort of doing that already--the window was just in case I didn't make it home in time for my regular 5pm meal or wanted a snack before bed, but I'll be more strict with it now. Thanks!

Try the same without bread and olives for faster progress

quetiapine, mirtazapine, olanzapine, prothipendyl, alprazolam, lorazepam

I'm not in hurry

Phenibut. Just don't listen to all the myths on the internet about withdravals. Even after hard recreational (if you can call it that) usage it's still 1% of the urban legends around it

Benadryl will work just as well as quetiapine since it works as a sedative by targeting histamine receptors. Benadryl is an OTC allergy med while quetiapine is an antipsychotic that feels like a fucking horse sedative.

Also quetiapine is associated with major weight gain.

Is 20' thigh circumference at 5'7 a good number? What should i be aiming at?

You don't have to be if it is working for you. Just do whatever works for you. Try both! I find it to be more of an experimentation thing.

yeah in high doses antipsychotics are severely sedative. but at low dosages it could do the trick and occasional use should not affect your weight. and where i live it is basically free and i was on it for about four years, that is why i thought of it.

Oh I see. I tried the lowest dose available (1/4 of the therapeutic dose) and I couldn't even go up to 1/2 the needed dose. It knocked me out completely, I had trouble standing and couldn't work at all. I also started getting extrapyramidal symptoms so it was an overall unpleasant experience.

*Also I was told the sedative effect would go away with increasing the dose since your body gets used to the antihistamine effect while the other properties of the drug kick in)

Yeah some head drugs the less you take the more sedative they are, the more you take the less sedative. Kind of strange.

I can't fucking stop eating because of my meds. Pray for me my psychiatrist will prescribe me some ritalin at my next appt.

Idk I have the same one and I look fat but Im shorter

What meds are you on?
Restricting on psychiatric drugs is a bitch, maybe try eating more and working out more

Do you mean you're constantly hungry? If so you can tell your doctor. I got a medication switched when I told him I was constantly hungry, even after increasing my intake, and that even a huge binge wasn't making me feel full (this was actually the truth though).

Oxazepam, zyprexa, lyrica, depakine and effexor. Pretty sure it's the zyprexa that's making me a fatty.

I restrict during the day then at night I get ice cream and chocolate and bread. Maybe I should stop eating so little during the day and try to eat a normal sized breakfast and lunch?

My psychiatrist knows about the hunger issue and I've tried different meds in the past, but none seemed to work as well as the combo I'm on right now.

What's you diet like? Typical day?

Don't mix amphetamines with benzos.

Damn that sucks

Did you try the same set but with newer antipsychotics? I find that abilify doesn't fuck with my appetite and I get really hungry from basically every drug

If you haven't cycled through everything you could probably try something else then change back if it doesn't work

>Breakfast: nothing because I'm a lazy whore who's still asleep in the morning.
>Lunch: one sandwich with vegan cheese
>Dinner: whatever my parents choose to prepare
>evening snack: literally everything in the pantry
I only take the benzos as PRN if it matters
I've been on ablify, stuff did nothing but make me nauseous as fuck. Others I've tried include haldol and risperidon, which I got a terrifying allergic reaction to (which is why I'm reluctant to start experimenting with other meds again).

Oh, that's unfortunate. Good luck!

All my jeans are too big now and I can't afford new ones.
Thanks /thinspo/

Nothing wrong with skipping breakfast, probably better that way. What time do you eat lunch, dinner and snacks?

>zyprexa
That stuff pretty crazy? My sister takes Seroquel and always wondered how fucked up she must be to be taking that. She takes Seroquel and Klonopin. I think they make her worse.

Sometimes Drs prescribe antipsychotics to patients to stabilise them quickly so they don't hurt themselves, they're not used solely for psychosis.

She's bipolar. No psychosis. Takes those both at night. Makes her pass out and then she is wired the next morning. I think it made her more moody though.

I usually have lunch at 3 pm then dinner at 6.30. Snack needs usually kick in around 10.
It helps me a lot with the chaos/voices inside my head and depressive moods, but as the other user said not everyone on antipsychotics experiences actual psychotic symptoms. They're used for a myriad of issues, sometimes even just unipolar depression.

I'd say try to eat your "snacks" a bit earlier and avoid lots of carbs. I find when I eat lots of carbs I'm starving the next day. Snack on high fat and protein things.

Are you a NEET?

Oh, yeah they're also used for bipolar disorder.

gunna have to be a bit gangsta for a while senpai

Cheap clothes until you hit UGW.
>tfw have a favorite outfit that's too big now

They're also used in smaller doses for augmenting antidepressants in mostly I think OCD but also depression/anxiety, also other disorders they're pretty multipurpose

It's possible she just got moody in general and would be even worse without drugs though, she's not a brain a jar
Sometimes it can be pretty hard to tell if someone's behavior changed from drugs or something else

Considering she's been on benzos long term I doubt her doctor watches her closely. Everyone knows benzos long term are a horrible idea.

Will do! I'll try and skip the bread from now on.

And yeah, I am.

I'm actually debating saving up and getting a pair of male black jeans so they fit baggier below the hip, for that sexy lezbo model look.

Offering free attention.

Plz I need it

All this pharmaceutical talk has me wondering...

I'm currently taking progesterone, quetiapine, estradiol, spironalactone, and vistaril.

What impact are these having on my weight and how can I combat it?

Is granola really that bad for you? I usually eat fruit with granola for breakfast but I don't want to be doing myself a disservice.

it has a shitton of calories and no nutritional value, but the same is true for rice, bread, and crackers.

Granola is getting a bad rap because the wheat industry tricked people into thinking it was a health product like wheat bread (which is also very bad for you)

i just wear leggings

Darn, I really like granola.

How many dicks do you take in the rear?

We're beyond counting how many would fit in your mouth.

wow

I refuse to wear leggings as pants