>Lose It!: "Veeky Forums friends"
removed by mods :o(

Other urls found in this thread:

iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/where-does-your-fat-go-when-you-lose-weight/
diagnosisdiet.com/common-constipation-culprits/
youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how do i stop drinking so much alcohol?

i can have my diet be perfect but then i come home and drink 1000 calories worth of vodka

Throw away all your alcohol and never buy any more.
Do different things or find other things to do to make you happy or distract you
Go to AA if your drinking problem is serious

AA is shit
Don't waste your time and get real addiction therapy

>AA is shit
kek, my sister goes to AA. All it does is wind her up and make her hyperfocus on her problems. I read it has some incredibly high failure rate.

ilu frof

i just want a cute thin gf but everyone here besides me is a fat piece of shit

I know that feel, missing beer and whiskey more than eating.

do you deserve one. post pic of yourself.

How do you guys deal with constipation? Half of my calories come from vegetables but its not enough and IF is not helping

How often are you pooping? How many calories per day do you eat? What's your diet like? How many grams of fiber?

I used to use Asian diet tea (or senna tea from the pharmacy although that shit's strong).
Hasn't been working lately though :( I lost 3 pounds in two weeks but barely pooped. Where is it all going??

Are you staying hydrated? Try drinking more water.

hidrate urself

Im pooping every 2 to 3 days and its always dry and hard to poop, sometimes it will tear my butthole. I eat about 800kcal a day, pretty high in carbs, lots of green veg, some beans and chicken

Wish I knew, I eat a ton of fiber % wise and stay hidratted but my stomach still slows down, I had to resort to senna pills because at some point I just stopped shitting altogether (although it was mostly me fucking up with pills but it wouldn't get that bad if I wasn't already constipated before)
I'm trying to eat at maintenance and high volume now in an attempt to force my bowels into working, I will report any results I have in about 2 weeks unless I get tired of it and start fasting or something
Anorexics supposedly start pooping normally when they increase their intake so it probably works for regular crash dieters too

Using senna regularly can give you rebound constipation, don't do it
My fucking grandma is addicted to it and she claims she can't shit at all without it
>Where is it all going??
If you're asking about weight supposedly most just gets breathed out
iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/where-does-your-fat-go-when-you-lose-weight/

>although it was mostly me fucking up with pills
I meant supplements and drugs, not the senna

Yeah I don't usually use it often but the past two weeks were bad. I'm also on meds that cause constipation as a side effect :(

Check this link: diagnosisdiet.com/common-constipation-culprits/

>most just gets breathed out
I never would have guessed.

Download this fasting app, lads. It's called Zero fasting tracker.

It's great

nice try, zero fasting tracker marketing team

Is it iOS only?

no

Android too I think

I wish they were paying me to advertise it

I heard about it in the foundmyfitness podcast

What does it do?

gf and I are working on getting thin together and I'm trying to get her into fashion too. Living the dream guys.

>millennials need an app to not do something

Helps you with keeping track of your fasts

I mostly use it for intermittent fasting

Is it a timer? Like you tap it the last time you eat and it tells you when it's been 16 hours or something?

Have any of you had an experience with laxatives for weight loss? Does it work? What type do you use?

Yeah pretty much

It also shows you different methods of fasting and the benefits of fasting

Laxatives only make you lose water weight not body fat

How do you keep you stomach from making weird, awkward noises whether it's from being hungry or right after eating?
I fucking hate being in lectures or any place ever with my belly gurgling.
What foods can I avoid to make this better?
I just want to be perfect and not have my stomach make noises.

Any more /thinspo/ recommended movies like the black swan?

I've never really had this problem but if I feel a stomach noise coming on I just shift my sitting position or cough to cover it up. Try drinking water?

tap your stomach gently. That does it for me.
>almost over the flu I had
>can finally go back to fasting
Feels good.

>ios only

lol

How do you fight period hunger? I don't even mean cravings, I mean legit hunger. Normally I'm fine or even have trouble reaching my calorie goals but a week before my period I turn ravenous.

If you gotta submit to the cravings eat lots of veggies or something like that instead of reaching for junk. Then after your period you won't be affected as much.

but i mean as a purge after eating
instead of puking

les miserables

after i became vegan i stopped getting food cravings and pain during my periods, not exaggerating. it completely vanished.

Drink something, if wwater doesn't helps I get coke zero

The only way laxatives may aid in weight loss is messing with absorption of food in the small intestine which is prob minimal its not that effective

Just puke then, its much less effective than puking because the food has already passed through the small intestine and has been mostly absorbed, laxatives mainly interfere with absorption of water by large intestine so its just going to dehydrate you

Famine documentaries

oh god I had this problem throughout last year
drinking never helped me, for the record. perhaps I should have tried sparkling water. don't drink shit like diet coke.

Am I thinspo yet

>i come home and drink 1000 calories worth of vodka
Stopping being a Slav is the only 100% possible way to keep yourself from drinking 1000 calories with of vodka

Maybe make your eating window after your drinking window, so the alcohol hits you harder on an empty stomach.

But seriously

yeah, but you need a new hairstyle so you don't look like an emo bottom.

I second this

Get milk jug
Empty milk
Fill with water
Drink 2 daily.
It's a fucking challenge at first but not only will you eat less your skin will thank you

What if you're like me and have a shit bladder? I could literally drink half a small glass of water and will have to pee every hour for like 5 hours.

I have a shit bladder as well. I just pee every 30 minutes, and before meetings, classes and before leaving my house and leaving work. I also only drink 2.2 Litres of water or herbal tea a day.

Neon Demon

desu I did exactly this when I was transitioning out of daily drinking and weekly binge drinking. I'd start drinking as soon as I hit my eating window and of course factor in the calories.

It's probably best to avoid alcohol entirely when trying to lose weight though, waste of calories and inevitable bloating /:

My worst problem is having to piss before I sleep
>wait till last second after I brush my teeth to piss
>run my ass to bed and try to fall asleep
>have to piss an hour later
It's the worst.

I pee twice before bed. Once 15-30 min before bed and once right before. I don't usually need to wake up at night, I pee a looot in the evening.

stats?

what's a good way to get exercise in if I'm a relatively small/weak girl who doesn't eat much? I already walk a few miles daily and climb lots of stairs since I live in a big city, and I'm too anxious to go to the gym.

I was thinking maybe dancing along to kpop videos or following workout videos on youtube? Any suggestions?

I might try that. This is my liquid consumption on average.
>small glass of water when I wake up
>grande no sugar ice tea from starbucks (or a hot tea if it's cold)
>a quart of seltzer
It's not a lot but it still causes me to pee like mad.

That's 6.5 cups, fairly close to the recommended 8-10

I have a large glass of water after waking up, even if I'm not thirsty, then I drink water and herbal teas throughout the day, a glass of water with dinner and a peppermint tea before bed.

Well at least I know I'm almost getting enough fluid. Though I've been increasing my liquid intake for a few months I thought the "having to pee like crazy" phase would have passed already.

Where do I find rare Nike air max 95s. Not into the white, green, black or navy colours at all desu. If a white colour I would like bubble souls a different colour... please help with website links?

>I was thinking maybe dancing along to kpop videos
That sounds like a great idea actually
Dancing is a great workout

Wrong thred

You might also be eating a lot of foods rich in liquids, such as fruits and vegetables, or soups.

Yeah. Thanks homie, I'll see if it gets better over the next couple of days.

You can try slowly sipping soylent or something, but I think that could make it worse

am I /thinspo/ yet?

You are thin but don't look lanky enough to be thinspo.

Threadly reminder that exercise is good for focus and mental health: youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g

Good job, user

I've been trying to exercise more this year. It's a bit of a struggle since I have back problems, so there is a lot I can't do. But, been doing what I can.

Will eating lots of nuts mess up my teeth over time? I snack on lots of almonds and they are really hard...

if almonds are really hard to you, you may already have messed up teeth. Brush more and stop worrying about it

I mean my teeth don't hurt, it's just they seem like such a hard nut I'm afraid of creating a problem if I snack on them daily so much. I guess I should ask my dentist but don't have a teeth cleaning for another couple months or so.

Generally if you keep up with drinking a lot of water your bladder adjusts. I drink a LOT of water (64 oz + by noon if I'm up by 7) and I pee an average amount.

Just make sure you floss afterward and brush before bed and you should be ok. Get some better toothpaste if you're worried about the strength of your enamel

There are certain stretches and yoga poses that are really good for back pain. You should look some up. I do a few to avoid back pain preemptively since I do squats occasionally.

Thank you. I've done a lot of research on that and have a book called "Back Care Basics" by Mary Pullig Schatz that I have been following. I also do exercises recommended by my physical therapist when I was in PT. These are mostly stretches, core exercises and alignment exercises when combined - which I hope will lead me on a better path. I have to say, it's a bit of a struggle. I've been very good about sticking with it though.

On the subject of snacks. What are some pretzel alternatives? I learned that these are basically sugar despite being low in calories. I love their ease and neutral taste. Are there any pretzel-like alternatives that have a low glycemic index?

Thanks. I'm using an enamel protecting toothpaste called Sensodyne right now per my dentists instructions. I try to have good dental hygiene (mum was a dental hygienist so some of it comes from that).

Good job in keeping up with it! I don't know how old you are but it's important to try and exercise and take care of yourself while you're young so you can stay healthy for as long as possible. I don't know how much you exercise but I'd avoid anything that puts a strain on your back. Look up ergonomic desk set ups too if you tend to sit at a computer desk a lot.

I have a huge fear of aging 2bh, not in the sense that I don't want to be old, just in the sense that I don't want to look or feel old. I wanna be thin with a smidge of toned muscle and I wanna be active as long as possible.

I have never tried them, but someone once recommended I try dry roasted chickpeas.

I'm old, 31. I get the fear of aging you have, but, really it's not that bad. I can feel my body isn't as young, but I find older age to be less stressful. My 20s were really hard. It's more peaceful in my 30s.

For sure keep in shape and try to take care of yourself though. I abused drugs and work in a profession that beats you up, and that took it's toll on my back and other body parts. Now I'm trying to nurse them back. Sometimes on /thinspo/ I want to chime in and be someones father when I see people doing the really drastic stuff but never sure if it's my place to say anything. The stuff we do when young for sure matters when we get older.

Oooo that sounds tasty. I'll look into that and maybe make some this weekend.

31? I wouldn't call you old yet, just not quite in your "prime," whatever that's supposed to mean lol. I'm 23 and I am definitely not too fond of my 20s so far. It is a tumultuous, stressful, and pretty confusing time. Best thing I have found I can do mentally is to exercise and try to take care of myself. I wanted to hurry up and lose the rest of the weight I needed to (lost about 55 lbs in high school to "normal" BMI but need to lose another 30 to be actually thin, not just average) before I turned 25. Something about skin collagen. I could lose all of this before I hit 24 in summer though. That's also when I go back to school...

It'll get better. :).

What is your goal weight, height and gender? 30-lbs in 5 months is very fast. I'm not sure if there is validity to it because my evidence is anecdotal, but I lost weight pretty slow and got really fortunate with the loose skin situation.

nope, thighs and length ruin it

semi-binged tonight. still feeling bad.
walked two hours and swam 1 km today, but still.

I'm 5'10" F, currently 160ish (period means I haven't checked my weight in a few days), aiming for 130 right now though I might go to 115-120ish and aim for the model look, may as well use that height to my advantage. I just have 130 as the current goal so I can see what I look like. (I can almost guarantee I'll want to get down to 120 but I actually have good genetics with regard to fat placement so I might be satisfied at 130.) I want to be light enough for my boyfriend to lift me up a lot honestly, he's 6'2" and 185 but I'm still too heavy to get roughhoused a lot :/

Are there any good pedometer apps? Do any of you track your steps?

130 sounds like a good goal for your height, then see how you feel. Good luck to you.

Try a fitbit maybe?

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I just use my iPhone with the Health app to get some idea.

Well...I would but 1. I'm broke and 2. I think they look kind of silly. I'm just mildly curious and wonder if tracking steps will push me to walk more.

Ah, I see. I have a shitty android unfortunately, but I'll see if it has any sort of health app available.

Day 2 of water fast
Didn't get any hunger pangs or stomach growling which I find weird but so far I feel fine other than that college is making me feel suicidal which I haven't fet since I graduate HS in September

College is awful.

Butter is a good snack. Or block cheese.

Oats! cracklin oat brand by kellogs is my favorite

'proof' for the non-believer from last thread

all u need for a successful diet