/diy/

Do it yourself/ re-purposing general

What the fuck just happened edition edition

Anything about making your own clothes, customizing and/or tailoring goes here. Talk about your projects. Ask Questions. Share information. Help each other out.

PASTEBIN:
pastebin.com/hnXtzTk7
(if you think the pastebin lacks any information, just ask)
Japanese magazines, just in case you need them
pastebin.com/Q2iDYiAM

Last thread:

Looking good dude!

We're waiting

Seems like a good idea, what technique would you use?

Seems like your product would be difficult to mass produce. . . If you find a way I'll definitly buy one tho

Other urls found in this thread:

cottonandcurls.com/2014/05/diy-oversized-tee-take-in/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I managed to get the edges straight. It's difficult, because it's precision work. 3 millimeters off and it looks bad. Going to practice some more with triangles, trapezoids and circles.

I also found a green letterbox without a key.

I made a backpack recently. It has pleats for an armadillo effect - otherwise a fairly normal roll top.

Looks nice, do you have more pics?

lined with ripstop nylon. There are two pieces of HDPE that help it stay open and also form a nice roll

stitchings fucked

Pleats expand to adjust the internal volume

Caravaggio user reporting, I'm in Japan and I'm pretty new to this whole DIY thing so I suppose I would follow the instructions on the Raf Parka thing. Uniqlo offers shirt printing so I'll get it off that.

Here is my only DIY item, i found some Bally curling shoes in a sports store that was closing down, they were selling everything for nothing really, and this was 25bucks, perfect size. The leather and construction was amaziinngg so i bought them, very carefully cut off the slippery plastic curling soles...sand paper them till the surface was flat and smooth enough for another sole...and added another sole...now they are amazing just walking around shoes with an amazing leather quality

Holllyy shitt my first quad everr fuck...

I'd probably just dye them all black or better yet white if possible

Thats sick dude. I thought they were here just for the looks. How does it look fully loaded?

Not my greatest fit but the only pic i have wearing them...truthfully they do look quite nice when worn right, and thanks user

do you have parkinsons? christ

Damn son. Nicely done.

2nd

Wow, I like it!

Looks damn nice.

like a $10 jacket with a $2 patch but it looks like some high-fashion Gosha Rubchinsky shit.
Love it desu.

Yeah, putting a singular patch on anything always makes it look high quality kek

Love your jacket, it reminds me of that meme polizei jacket

Posted before but still haven't settled on patch. I know i want the lotus on the chest pocket but don't know which circle patch i want on the right arm or put both on it. I also have a tan jacket which might look good with the black enso patch. Ignore the cat patch.

I'm excited to see how it turns out, I'm thinking of doing something similar

dont

looks good it has a gosha vibe to it

Put the arm patches higher

Canvas tote with home tanned salmon skin decoration.
Probably gonna make a new, bigger one once I get around to buy some new fabric.
Sloppy craftmanship due to old sewing machine refusing to cooperate, but I don't mind too much since I just wanted to try something I hadn't done before.

This is pretty sick.
Did you make the pattern yourself?

I like the salmon skin, it's a nice touch

Isn't it hard to sew trough tho?

Lil bump

A litle off topic but how i can repair a scratched marks on a nylon/fabric jacket?

Did some entry level embroidery on a pair of vans to ride the Gucci embroidery trend before it crashes and burns next month.
Anyone know anything about embroidery and can suggest a way to secure the threads on the back?

Damn, nice job, not really a fan of the gucci sneakers but looks pretty solid embroidery

Thrifted these a month ago with the idea of altering them, but I've never done any custom work.

Any recommendations to get started with?

Does anyone ever customized a bomber jacket with straps and stuff here?

How do I distress a shirt so it doesn't look too tryhard?
I recently got a band shirt of a local band I really like, but there were only Ls left at the show and I'm an M. Figured I can cut some fabric off the bottom so it doesn't look like a nightgown, but I if I cut from the bottom I should give the whole thing a kinda frayed look.

I saw some tutorials online, but they mostly suggest edgy ass shit like rubbing holes with sandpaper, or cutting "webbing" on the sides.

>Put the animu patches in the thrash can
fixed that for you

>implying there's anythong wrong with akira

cottonandcurls.com/2014/05/diy-oversized-tee-take-in/
I'm not sure that's exactly what you want but it can help

Wow
Could you do a how to guide or something?

Wtf how is this so good

tutorial? I've been wanting to make something like this for a while.

I saw this on neetwear, youve inspired me to do my own that I might post in a bit.

Seriously though, this looks really good, I have seen people start their "fashion careers" with way fucking worse customization of Cons and Vans, you could sell these easy.

>post-knoch Veeky Forums creates quality pieces
Impossible

W2c patch?

Update on the yuge skirt backpack: I made the bottom out of a women's jeans I thrifted (then I'll turn the rest of the jeans into a pair of shorts and I'll sell them for more than I paid for the jeans)

And I made the lining out of a shirt I had lying around + some other small details

I cut out some suede and sewed it onto a jacket that I de-linered.

I have a coat that is an 80/20 cotton polyester blend, respectively that I want to dye. Anybody have any experience with Dylon and RIT dyes? Which would brand would be better for the material?

Looks great, did you do the design yourself?

The edges look nice and clean. How did you do that?

Im interested in making a jean jacket with two pins in the colors of pic related. any tips? is this even possible?

also the white on the back is meant to be lavender and the cuff on the front should also be lavender

You could buy a jean jacket, use a seam ripper to get the parts that you want to be purple off, dye those parts, and sew them back on

Sounds like an interesting project

yea its for a small fashion show, i think i may just do that

Managed to find a flecktarn parka in GR9 despite them being nearly universally sold out. From reading the sticky, I understand dying it is as simple as getting some Dylon dye and throwing it in the washing machine as per the label?

Going to pick up some dye soon, I'll post how it all goes to add to the record for others.

Sounds familiar. Reading through a few of the parka dying threads in the sticky leads me to believe Dylon is the better choice, anons seems to be happier with its results.

Thinking about dying a design like this using the seam ripper method as user above suggested would that work? Any tips are appreciated

What does "pins" mean here?

I've only removed one pocket in my life (literally just for fun), but: the bar tacks were a total pain. Be careful when removing them so you don't tear the fabric

Well the design is pretty awful but sounds like okay diy project

Are they really sold out universally? I've had mine for a while. Damn I'm early on something

The two thinks on the front pockets, im going to pay a artist to make an ancap sign and then im going to get it printed on a pin and the other is going to be a North Korean flag pin, kinda like opposites of the political spectrum thing

t-thanks senpai

So pins = embroidered patches?

You can pick up a parka fairly easily, I just had a tough time finding GR9 to fit me here in the UK. All online retailers I found had sizes landing either side of 9, of they gave a size, my local surplus stores had a rack full of only 8 and 12. In the end I managed to order the last 9 stock from the online portal of a small shop half the country away. Took me two weeks to find.

I think it's just because it's a common size amongst those who buy it.

Use 2 packs, or it'll come out dark brown

Also, take the patches off first if you want to keep them

Oh i mean buttons,, where im from buttons are called pins

Oh, I know what you're talking about. Just seems kinda weird to associate them with a particular shirt since you can remove them so easily. Kinda threw me off

I got these shoes in the 6th grade, I've since graduated (class of 16) and I've matured enough to know how to dress, or at least have my own style.
th grade
>>cool kids sharpie converse
>>hel yeah do it
>>ohnofuckedup.png
>>hide them, ask for new shoes
>>years pass
>>gonna fix em.
I colored the sidewall in black but it ran out. I'm gonna remove that but leave the toe box as in pic. Only one shoe is sharpied bad

this is way beyond "some entry level embroidery" they look great, good job

I did, it was based off some black and white art I did in 2012-13
Bought some glove suede, drew a design onto paper, tacked the paper onto the suede and a cardboard to protect the floor I was cutting on. Used an exacto knife to cut it out. Then sewed it on the jacket, used the hand crank feature on my sewing machine (it's from 1968)

was that only a trend at your school? never heard of this before

They're perfect, seriously. Leave them exactly how they are.

Thanks, but my dad won't let me. He wants me to fix them like that or I can't. I'll post more though for inspo. And I'll take a pic for after
No, it was just our clique. It was hard to get a trend going bc I went to an intermediate school (5-6th only) and we had a uniform: any solid polo, tucked in, belt, pants only. So it was hard to be defining and you can still tell who's rich and who's not. But my friends did green sharpie and I was like
>>lel

You're good at that! Try selling them on Instagram or something, and maybe you can make enough to survive on. At the very least, you'd be pulling in some amount of money - I guarantee it.

Nail polish 1/2

Nail polish 2/2

What a fucking waste of time

I ended up using the Dylon dye and it came out pretty nicely. I double dosed on the dye so it would saturate much heavier and cover the original dye. Luckily I had an old turkey fryer and 10 gallon pot that I was able to use for my bath while being able to keep the water nice and hot. The tedious part was rinsing the remaining pigment out before giving it a final wash and dry. I did everything outside in shit I don't care about despite the dye being safe for a washing machine and rinsing in a tub

no offense but this is atrocious

It's not done yet

It's a labor of love. You wouldn't understand.

I guess this is kind of DIY related, does any one have tips on shrinking a nike tech fleece hoodie? Purchased a size medium on sale and was wondering if i could shrink it to a small.

safest bet is to just get it tailored

looking good m8

Tailor it or get it tailored.

>for an armadillo effect
looks really cool

Do you have any pics?

We can make an entry at tuxbell. Just copy paste the pastebin?

Sounds like a good idea

bump

anywhere to buy tanned salmon skins

>my dad wont let me
underaged B&

Nice

Bump

looks good, I can't tell from the angle if the anthers on the flower are made with french knot. If they are nice touch

Looking forward to this.

Thank you
I'm excited too, but for the next months I'll only be able to work on it on the weekends, so it might be a slow project....