What are thrift/vintage places like?

What are thrift/vintage places like?

Other urls found in this thread:

redwhiteandbluethriftstore.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

99% garbage if you don't live in a city with effay people.

Mostly $5 Walmart t-shirts marked down to $2.

It's usually a room or a series of rooms containing goods that can be sampled and purchased in exchange for currency.

I live in an effay neighborhood with a consignment store across the street, and I see Alexander Wang, Y-3, APC, Surface to Air, and others all the time for under $30

yea same here, where you from I'm from SF

nyc

cool been years sine I've been I liked it though tons of stuff to do.

They're great, loads of high-quality no-name clothes of all sorts. Your only option if you want to look like an individual because, let's face it, someone who wears full Sruli still looks like a fashion robot who wears what their parents (or later in life fashion mags, bloggers and internet autists) tell them to. It takes time, effort and imagination but thrift stores are the best place to build a coherent and unique style that can be expanded upon with selected designer or other newly bought pieces.

This is only true statistically, there are loads of small towns with great thrift stores. You just gotta look.

really depends on the neighborhood. if you're in the ghetto, you're probably just going to find a whole bunch of garbage coated in zika and aids. if you're in a dominantly upper-middle class area, the chances of you finding something pretty cool are higher. found a herschel backpack for $7.

It's good if you are more motivated than the Latino moms combing the place constantly

>They're great, loads of high-quality no-name clothes of all sorts.

How the fuck am I supposed to tell the high quality clothes from Kohl's tier shit without the brand names?

try actually learning what makes certain clothing high quality first

hint: it's not the brand name

yeah well there are no good guides on that

Sometimes actually marked UP.

I found a Pendleton denim jacket in a local charity shop for 6 euro last Halloween which was an amazing find considering where I live.

The hipster part of town that has""""vintage"""" stores are garbage. They charge high prices for the good pieces and usually never change stock because people would rather donate their stuff to actually non profit donation stores instead of some bearded hipster looking to make money

But actually thrift stores like Goodwill and Salvation Army are good to look around. You should look around in a more affluent part of town so you have a better chance of finding stuff. Also shop during weekend mornings because you get first dibs and wageslaves donates during the weekends.

Also going to the thrift doesn't guarantee you a good piece. You could strike out in all of the thrift stores or get something worthwhile in every one you visit that day.

Great in my city

Affordable, great stuff, everything from Levi's for £15 to Ralph Lauren an dFred Perry being half the price it should be, it's pretty sweet desu

Probably kinda shit for girls though

Ever heard of the internet?

in small town: garbage. most good stuff is sold online by employees, and the rest is walmart shirts. if they do put out something good, poor hispanics will wait around all day to swipe it

in city: amazing, but if they have good stuff they do sell it for more money. there's goodwills with $90 pants

I go to the salvation near me and picked up a black parka, green bomber jacket and a red coat for 22$ altogether. The parka alone is worth 70$ just for reference. You can pickup a lot of gems at thrifts if you look around and get there early in the week. Definitely recommend but you gotta kinda go once or twice a week, sometimes you won't find anything, sometimes you will

That's one of the charms of thrifting. You come into contact with shitloads of clothes of various quality while browsing, so after a short while you'll begin to recognize quality cuts, stitching and materials.

is that what It's like in America? I find loads of good stuff in my German small town sthriftstore.

this is very true
how can also see how the item ages, which you don't see when buying new stuff

pretty good, I got myself a scanda comfy jacket (tried to find a pic online but cant, hipster victory amirite)

>behaving like that in public
>having no manners
>being a loudmouthed idiot
>being a badly behaved child
>calling oneself a conservative
Americans really must be inbred scum. Why is the asian woman the only dignified human on the stream? I can't believe you are routing for these people.
The internet really has ruined the younger generations.

No its not, this guy is a weirdo

You could find something amazing or you could go 100 times and not find anything.

Unless you're one of those delusional faggots who thinks musty old 90s windbreakers look good, then you'll be in heaven.

In NYC these stores pay for stylish items. Almost everything in the store was brought in a garbage-bag by someone looking to make money.
Examples: Buffalo Exchange, Beacon's Closet.

There are also true consignment stores with in-season, expensive stuff like gucci, cdg, etc but generally prices are still in the hundreds of dollars.

where in sf fuck all the thrift stores in sf seem hella marked up to me

>tfw goodwill used to be dirt cheap
>could walk in with $20 and build an outfit I liked
>2011
>mackelmeme comes out
>go to goodwill now and pants, shoes, jackets are $15+
>resceed
>go to more obscure, local thrift shops
>find a place called hospice
>place is cash money
>cool clothes for 1-5 bucks
>people work there listen to great music
>lots of wacky shit
>all the hype
>flashforward a year
>its called regroup now
>owned by habitat for humanity
>everything costs $10+
>angry_about_capitalism.exe

Was those faggots video really that influential/popular?

I cant believe normies take that cheesy stuff seriously.

Anyone know some good places in Sydney?

There's heaps of great stores in Surry Hills but where else?

>find a place called hospice
>place is cash money

Where's good and cheap in London

anyone know some good places in Miami-dade or Broward?

Vintage clothing shop by Mile End tube station.

in germany/netherlands thrift stores are fucking garbage, you are lucky if you find h&m. its impossible to find designer clothing or decent brands, and the stuff that they do have usually has lots of holes. they just hang their shit on clothes hangers randomly instead of at least sorting by male/female or size. there are exceptions to some of these factors but i have visited around 25 thrift store in this area and they were all shit.

suprisingly, it's very easy to find designer clothing for kids, you can easily find authentic gucci/kenzo/hermes etc. in kids sizes for under 10€ per piece. i know because my mother makes a living selling those on the internet for much more.

who even cares what their 6 year old kids wear? seems stupid to me to buy that expensive shit, they'll grow out of it in a year

Not from Sydney, but this advice applies anywhere in any capital city. Stay away from "trendy" areas of the city. Drive in a car to the lesser-known church op shops such as Salvation Army Thrift Stores. I've found Vinnies and Red Cross to be too expensive, but they probably have better stock. Even then cheaper than retail. A lot of it is luck and whatever happens to be on the floor on the day you visit. Some days I'll come out with bags of stuff, other times nothing

redwhiteandbluethriftstore.com/

any good effay thrift shops in LA ?

latina moms are fucking effay thats why

>Live near Tokyo
>thrift stores and consignments stock everything from Y-3 to Rick to Issey Miyake to Yohji to SLP to Raf for decent slashed prices
>non-designer thrift stores either stock vintage Americana type stuff or no-name decent quality cheap things

It's great for certain Visvimesque looks or for grabbing things off past seasons. Managed a Homme Plisse Issey Miyake for pretty cheap a bit back.

I got so much pristine-condition used Vivienne Westwood in Tokyo. Also a silver Tiffany necklace for $50 one time. God, I miss it.

man this. i was in japan in december and did a bunch of thrifting in my too-brief in tokyo and wish i was around for weeks longer to do more. thrifting in tokyo is fucking good, comme and Y-3 and issey everywhere. not always cheap but usually reasonable. miles better than the average shit here in melbourne

German here, can not confirm. Of course there aren't many designer pieces but why would you ant that? There are tons of great old clothes that are actually from here with old time quality craftsmanship. Most shops I visited were also sorted by gender and the prices are usually very cheap.

Wayne NJ here
I found a rag and bone jack shirt for 6 bucks once but nothing else