Anybody else depressed by the current state of fashion?

anybody else depressed by the current state of fashion?

>the 'cool' new designers no longer sell clothes, they sell the culture associated with their brand – see Vetements, Gosha '''' designing '''' basic and boring clothes
>mens fashion [i.e. being a man interested in fashion] seems to be more mainstream than ever but everyone copies the exact same looks – see every r/mfa r/streetwear kid on the street in his stans and anti social social club
>trends are no longer new styles, but poor recreations of eras past – see the 90s trend which is dying now, see 70s trend which is predicted to be huge next year
>athleisure becoming seemingly permanently in the mainstream has justified dressing like utter shit – see sweats/joggers and sneakers being acceptable for grown men to wear daily
>fashion no longer being associated with subcultures but with people sampling a subculture's cliche fashion –see SLP and rocker chic being worn by trust fund and hypebeasts, skate brands being associated more with soho than with skaters

so what do you wear

Shit moves fast as hell now people have more access to info and with social media they have extreme exposure so trends catch on extremely fast and dissipate fast.

If you want to be different its probably better to wear the exact same thing every day as kinda anti fashion

Nothing really fantastic, mostly used clothing mixed in with the odd designer piece

I'm not so much concerned with being different, although I try not follow trends too much, but more that fashion – what people are wearing on the street, what is being shown on runways, what's photographed in magazines, all of it – is boring now. Of course I can control how I dress but there's much more to fashion than just yourself

>anybody else depressed by the current state of fashion?

yeah, every fast-fashion retailer is going full "we want the kanye west audience"

dad hats are only just now dying, but most normies don't know that

gold-wire frames are coming in and they make black girls look like lionel richie

ripped jeans a shit

fucking man-buns on girls

>>athleisure becoming seemingly permanently in the mainstream has justified dressing like utter shit – see sweats/joggers and sneakers being acceptable for grown men to wear daily

fucking this is god awful too
nike is making these absolutely shapeless dress, looks like something out of logan's run

>seems to be more mainstream than ever but everyone copies the exact same looks
....you think they didn't do that before though? men are so laughably limited in fashion in the west.

>culture is a big part of fashion showing unique styles and different pieces of clothing all together
>high fashion and street fashion are different and styles get played out because every one wants to be "fashionable" who knew??
>trends re-emerge
>casual wear has evolved in the past 20 years and i dont like it
>being interested in shitty tumblr things

do you even like fashion op?

>do you even like fashion op?
yes

and I want more from it than what it is in 2017

true, maybe just that it's so much more disappointing now that being into fashion as a man is normal, but people do not adopt unique styles

how its standard for a man (young 20s) to know about yohji or raf but only care about raf stans and y3 sweatshirts.

archie's fit is solid

fashion is also about being comfortable, and many people are more comfortable blending in rather than trying to say "i'm a special snowflake look at me".

That's why you develop personal style instead of being a trendhopping cocksucker.

t. special snowflake

see

I understand every word you are saying, and I sympathize.

>tfw you never fell for the 'fashion' meme

Chic is supreme
Chic is life

lucas fagget

Yes yes much

looks like pure shit

just because youre walking around in expensive materials doesnt make it good

>dress earthly tones/black/gray logoless only
>want to get into streetwear
>all streetwear inspo looks genuinely autistic or just unfitting
kill me senpai
boutta go on a redbubble splurge for some meme rap clothing because that's the closest i'll get to nice looking streetwear

I just want to remind everyone that ninja, goth, gothninja, moonwave, pastelwave, wavewave, dadcore, normcore, and whatever-else-they-come-up-with is just a fad, and people will look at their pictures 15 yeats from now and say "WTF was I thinking?"

We all know that pretty much everything in fashion is recycled. Some new designs and fabrics are introduced every year by fashion designers, and only a few make it to the exclusive club of classic ware. I have personally reached the terminal velocity point where I only buy classic (unbranded) garments made with high quality fabrics and a low price. Trends don't intrigue me, seasons don't faze me. I am content with my wardrobe, and I only shop selectively.

Time to man up, kids.

wow I can't wait for everyone to be replaceable grey carbon copies of each other, in both taste and looks