>MyFitnessPal: "Veeky Forums friends"
community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112013-fa-friends
>Lose It!: "Veeky Forums friends"
removed by mods :o(

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHaCKudtVi0
youtube.com/watch?v=SzcOz38FjaU&
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd probably just skip the meal and wait until later to eat. Rice cakes are likely pretty high in glycemic index and going to make you hungrier quickly anyways.

What's your diet and mealtimes looking like?

i've been doing like 500kcal a day
dinner is omelette bar, and thats like 300

I'd say just eat dinner.

..I should expand: I mean just eat dinner but add the calories from lunch into dinner. I actually think you are eating too little.

What's your stats? goal?

ilu frof

How do I suffer through the hunger pangs? :o(

Low carb, high fat.

Distraction and water. Do something that heavily engages your mind like a video game or writing. Like all pain it is less prominent when you aren't paying attention to it

I'm feeling really discouraged lately seeing anons post about how they're losing several pounds a week, meanwhile I've been eating 500-1000 daily for almost a month and haven't lost even half of a pound. I've had one or two binge days sure, but I feel like I should have lost at least a pound by now. Am I just making it worse by stressing?

For reference, I'm at ~21 bmi so I'm not really obese or anything. Is it normal for weight loss to be slower if you're at a "healthy" weight?

I'm already doing fairly low carb, just not keto. Instead I've been trying this intermittent fasting. Wew though I thought I'd get used to it but I stay hungry every day.

Thanks. I've been drinking lots of water, I know that's what froggo would tell me to do, but it doesn't seem to help much.

Yes, it is. But what's your diet like? How many calories? What are you eating? When are you eating? Stats?

The lower you are, the slower you lose. However, you still definitely should have lost a pound by now, regardless. Are you sure you've been eating that daily? Are you measuring your food properly? M or F? (girls gain weight right before their period/the first few days of their period)

>girls gain weight right before their period/the first few days of their period
i'm not the person you responded to but how much do they usually gain?

The fat is also important. Just doing one is retarded.

5'3
trying to get down to 100

some days i just have dinner, but a day like today when i have 2 classes before lunch and 2 classes afterwards i feel the need to "fuel up" before the second half of the day. i've been very busy walking to class sometimes and i know it's not good for me.

Well I'm eating a pretty high fat diet. Yesterday I had 46 grams of carbs, 61 grams of fat, and 72 grams of protein. So I'm not low carb, but certainly high in fat.

In an a 1950's experiment in norway or something on prison inmates, a doctor tried to overfeed prisoners food, carbs and protein. He found it very easy to feed them 7000 calories over TDE of carbs without trouble but he had to fat and practically forcefeed them to get them to eat only 800 calories of fat over their TDE. It is evident that fat content, in addition to every other benefit, contributes to satiety much more than carbs (and also protein although that particular study did not explore that). youtube.com/watch?v=KHaCKudtVi0

I'm 5'3.5 and about 123lb

I would say that my diet is generally fine, but inconsistent. I eat more vegetables and legumes than anything else, I've even cut down on bread. I've always eaten really well but ever since I became drinking age I tended to lose control on weekends. Again, I've also cut down on drinking so I'm confused, that alone should have helped a lot.

I really don't want to do keto or high fat or whatever. I don't want to eat meat and I can't handle dairy. I just really refuse to do that, so please don't suggest that. I suppose I could just try being more diligent. I'm on birth control, but it's low-hormone so it shouldn't be affecting my weight.

Try and find something more protein and fat based. Maybe some nuts and a small turkey breast or something.

sorry for double posting but lol wow I guess I negated my own calorie estimate by mentioning that I drink on weekends. Don't bully me, I realize that might be where I'm going wrong now. I just didn't think a few beers and a slice of pizza every now and then would kill me so hard

Yeah I watched that before and have been better about eating more fat: ..but I'm still having a hard time with IF.

No worries. The beer does kill you. It's also basically sugar to my understanding, or gets converted into that, so it takes a stronger hit than the calories might suggest.

Why are you against eating meat? Moral reasons or just don't like the taste?

Also cheese is a diary product, so you're already tolerating dairy if you are eating pizza.

How much do you usually drink?

A pint usually has about 200 calories in it (most mixed drinks between 200-300)

As for the pizza, that will set you back 400 calories.

So you look, you go out friday and saturday, get two drinks and a slice of pizza you added 1600 calories or about 1/2 lb to your weight.

I guess I meant I can't handle dairy on the regular, pizza does hurt my stomach. I really fear milk, yogurt, butter, ice cream, etc.

As for the meat, I just don't like how it makes me feel physically. I was vegetarian for moral reasons for about 5 years, so now I just don't crave or enjoy it and even a few bites make me feel painfully full.

Thank you, I needed to hear this. I guess it's easier to look at my thin friends who drink/eat more and feel cheated, than to really pay attention to what I'm putting in my body.

you sound like such a pain in the ass to be around

Not that user but depends on the girl, some gain a couple of pounds, others can gain up to 10lbs.
For me it varies, some months I barely bloat while others all my clothes leave gross red marks because I'm so swollen.
When I lose weight gradually I typically maintain throughout the month (as I lose fat and gain water weight) and drop the weight after my period.

For girls who hate the water bloated feeling, midol sells PMS pills that contain a diuretic.

Can I ask what makes you say that? My dietary needs or just my tone, or what? Asking because I don't have any friends and maybe I am a pain in the ass to be around.

It's hard with the social stuff. Especially in college. I think you have to have a balance. I mean if you lose weight a little bit slower having a few beers on the weekend who cares. If you are binge drinking then yeah it's going to really slow you down.

On the same wavelength, studies typically find that whole milk is better for preventing childhood obesity that skim milk. Although the causes aren't clear, some think this might be due to the effect of dietary fat on satiety.

eat less protein and more fat for better satiety. And 46 grams of carbs is NOT low carb unless 30 of those carbs were fiber. That's just regular carb. You want 50g total carbs or less and 20 or less net carbs (which is "carbs - fiber content, so 10 carbs with 6g of fiber would be 4 net carbs.)

Might not be the healthiest but in order to maintain my weight, I count calories almost daily and add in a couple of days below 600 calories to compensate for going out once a week.

yeah just whiney and high maintenance to be around. vegetarian which is annoying if you want to go someplace with someone and they claim they can't eat 95% of the menu, you eat a piece of pizza and your stomach hurts. one post say you "look at your thin friends" then the next say "I don't have any friends" when you are a women so of course you get attention you know nothing about having no friends. unaware of yourself enough to not figure out pizza and beer would slow you down until you actually posted it, so probably a little slow too which is annoying.

>eat less protein and more fat for better satiety.
Wait, what? I thought it was supposed to be the other way around, that protein is better for satiety than fat because it takes more time/energy to burn.

Well I'm kind of already there. Or almost.

I don't see any problem with your tone. Dietary needs and the whatnot do make it hard for people to say invite you out to a restaurant. Unless you get in with Greenpeace people or SJWs people aren't gonna want to find a restaurant that has vegetarian options that don't make you feel sorry for the vegetarian.

Also judging by the fact that you're posting on Veeky Forums I'm sure you would probably find those people insufferable

>eat 800 kcal a day
>still manage to overeat in volume
my stomach fucking hurts help me

Whoops. I posted the wrong day. That day carbs were really high.

Anyways, I'll make sure to reduce my carbs and increase my fat. Even with the fiber I'll make my goal eating only 40grams of carbs or so (I try to eat 30g fiber per day)

Ah, you're just one of those r9k types then. Sorry for my lapse in self awareness then, I mistakenly thought these threads were for discussion and self-improvement. Must have been my inferior woman brain malfunctioning

Not that user.
These threads are for those purposes, you're fine

yeah, don't worry about him. i've had friends with laundry lists of different allergies and food restrictions and it wasn't a big deal at all, we usually ended up staying in and cooking a lot more.

What can I do with vegetables guys? Can I just throw them in a wok and dry fry them and eat them as some bullshit salad or something?

I have no idea what to do with veggies

see prime example of you being a cunt. i didn't say female brains were inferior, you did taking the defensive against someone trying to help you. however, you said you had friends, then no friends - so which is it?

I mean, I really don't eat out with people so the only times it happens is with family...and even if they want McDonald's I'd sooner drink a diet coke and shut up than ask them to change their entire plans.

Anyway, thanks for your patience to those that helped. I'm going to be much stricter on weekends now.

ehhh i ended up having the rice cakes plain but with 130g of honeydew on the side and some tea

i'm new to eating rice cakes, so we'll see if they really make me more hungry like you said ._.

>t wasn't a big deal at all, we usually ended up staying in and cooking a lot more.
I'm not like anti-vegan or whatever, but there was this girl I was dating and she was a vegan and I swear it turned me off from calling her because it was just such a pain in the ass. She was cool about it and everything and "oh whatever it's all good" but still always felt like if she was around had to do something special for her. I don't mind going out of my way for people, but I do have to say it's exhausting.

You could do some research and find some low glycemic index crackers. There are other anons that know more about this stuff, but I know there is a really wide range of carbs and some are better than others.

It'd be really sad if she lied about the weekend friends and really had no friends and just drank alone and ate pizza. I know that would be sad because that's what I do. :o(

yea man, sounds good. i'd look up some low calories stir fry recopies and have it with like 1/2 cup of brown rice

You were wrong. Anecdotally and by study. When I cut out eggs for more cheese IF got noticeably easier. 600 calories daily.

not enough thinspo being posted, /thinspo general/

another favorite of mine

Almost all restaurants have a vegetarian option, even if you are stuck with a salad. I have no trouble going out even with my vegan friends to meat heavy restaurants.

Well fuck I thought eggs had a lot of fat in them. On weekends I go to breakfast with my dad and eat an omelet since figured it had no carbs so not going to spike my insulin, plus looks like I'm eating more than I am.

To be honest....that is what I did before I lost weight. Now I try to only drink if my (I have to be specific here--) One and Only irl friend is in town and wants to go out. She's kind of a fatty so I get too comfortable

So do you have no friends or are you one of those girls who complains about how few friends despite the fact that she's out with 5 people every weekend because none of them want to entertain your every movement at any moment?

Eggs are good. 5g fat/ 6g protein / 0 carb or around there depending on size. Pretty good ratio. Cheese seems to be a bit stronger of a ratio toward fat but not much.

I'm not sure about the saturated versus unsaturated fat though - which is good and which isn't

I'm not even the girl user you were talking to earlier, but yes, I actually have tons of friends and a loving boyfriend while you spend all day on /r9k/, occasionally bleeding over to other boards to berate them for going out with their friends. Stay bitter!

i dont know if you know this user, but you can have "friends" who invite you out who you feel little to no connection with. i understand that you're autistic though so it might be hard for you

The person you replied to isnt the one you called a pain in the ass, that's me. If you want a specific breakdown, I have one very thin friend in my city who I never see because she works really hard, and one fat friend who goes to another university who I see every other week or so. She used to call me fat so now that I'm thinner than her I guess I get a little smug and eat a lot in front of her, which is vile of me I know but I've seen other anons here say they do that in front of fat people.

She usually pushes me to meet up with HER friends/whoever shes dating, which tend to be thin and tumblr-y people who I referred to as my friends since we share one social connection and I didn't think I needed to type all of this out instead of just saying "my friends" but there you go, please relax now.

Not that user, or the other one, but pls remember not all robots are bitter and that Veeky Forums was once mostly bots. I have zero friends and will be /foreveralone/ but do my best not to take it out on other people.

>average BMI
>people call me skinny all the time and act all concerned that I want to lose weight still

reeeeee I'd have to lose a lot more weight for it to be underweight and anything to be concerned about (which it may well get to be but there's no reason for people to worry NOW, I still have a gut!)

As a follow up, lmk if you also need screenshots of my contact list and official transcripts of my recent phone calls and texts (surprise: they are all to my mother and little brother)

no I called you a pain in the ass originally. is not me.

anyways, are you ugly? why don't you have a boyfriend?

/r9k/ is a shitfest and I am always under the assumption that most people here are /foreveralone/ but the ones that get the most autistic and bitter about it tend to be from /r9k/.

I worked my ass off to be normie-passing while they just bitch about it without trying to better themselves. If you're gonna be a NEET either accept it or change something, don't just whine and complain in a /thinspo/ thread of all things.

>me
>used to be obese
>lose 75lbs
>bmi of 20ish
>still want to lose like 15 more
>"user you're not still dieting are you?"
>"please don't lose too much weight"

like .... damn all yall fat fucks really dont want me to succeed huh?

I'd say I'm ugly, but I think my ridiculously low self esteem would make me ugly even if I were pretty

Also, I just don't feel that I need friends. I get insecure and wonder why I don't have them sometimes, but I generally prefer not to bother with it.

are you a mealcuck?

Yes.....s-sorry....I did try IF and liked it, but recently took meds on an empty stomach and hurt myself really bad so I went back...I'll go back to eating like a KING once my stomach stops hurting so much though

Understandable. Yes, during IF need to be careful timing medications. Keto is a close cousin of IF, and nearly as effective, but I find it to be much more difficult in terms of logistics and fasting is still more effective. With your diet and disdain for meat and fat, IF is your best choice, although you may be hungry eating a high carb diet. Try to find ones with a low glycemic index when you start up again. Vegetables are often very good.

my sister burned a hole in her stomach with advil once. hangover, didn't eat breakfast, had a bunch of coffee and kept taking advils. I mean it was a continual thing but one day pushed herself over the edge.

I love you disdainful IF frog. Still miss frof though. Drink water everybody.

L-love you too... Froggo was a big loss, but I'm going to frame a picture of him for my desk to remind me always.

Thanks, I was starting to wonder if there was any point to IF for my specific diet. When I go back I'll definitely pay attention to glycemic index...how do you figure out the glycemic index of foods, though? Do you just google it?

sounds good, my man

>tfw IF and low carb/high fat (I won't call it keto because that's become a meme)
>tfw winning in [current year]

Feels good. Thanks, froggo.

Yeah, you are looking for carbohydrates with respect to how they affect blood glucose levels. There is a ranking that is easy to google for various foods. You want below 55 as a rule of thumb, lower the better. The slower rate of absorption will cause less of a spike in blood glucose levels, which results in lower insulin levels. When insulin is high, you can't burn fat. So between fasting and being selective about your carbs, you can still have good insulin sensitivity. Obviously not as good as if you were eating higher fat/low carb, but you can compensate with longer fasts. For sure if you are eating high carbs I'd be doing some 24 hour days rather than the more common 16. Takes 6-8 hours to get into that "fat burning" mode where your using ketones rather than glucose, so extending that a bit more in your case would be beneficial since it'll probably take longer for your insulin to drop after all those carbs.

Well done, user. Fat is going to melt off of you.

Oh wow, thank you so much for explaining it in such detail. It makes a lot of sense now. When I was doing IF I was eating only once a day, so 24 hours won't be a problem. Maybe I can ease into high fat/low carb if I can find high fat foods I don't hate...what about fish? I like sardines a lot.

:3

Should I get thinner? Also, how do you reduce bloating?

Sure, fish can be a good entrance in. I love fish. There are fattier ones like salmon and tuna - sardines meet that criteria. I love a good salmon steak, and baking it is pretty easy. Almonds are good too, I tend to work those in.

I personally don't eat much red meat anymore, just out of preference, yet still manage to keep my diet high in fats. I also use olive oil (Butter works too but I prefer olive oil). I used to be scared of using these but as an user pointed out much earlier, there have been studies that show how little of them you can eat before being full.

Avocado you might like also.

I was just talking about this to my mum earlier

I swear more people try to get you to gain weight in life rather than lose it. People say to thin people quite openly to gain weight but lo and behold if you say to a fatty to lose weight you will be considered the spawn of satan.

It's fucking bullshit man. I chalk it down to consumeristic society

What do you guys drink when you go out? I'm tempted to start losing weight (Currently i'm muscular and well looking but i've always liked the thin body aesthethic more) The problem is that all my favourite things to drink on an night out are unhealthy as fuck (Rum with coke, fernet and coke, vodka and sprite)

Do you guys cut alcohol out? I really like drinking and i guess i could just drink rum with lemon juice but still alcohol has a lot of calories

I don't drink much. I'll have a beer here and there. I mean you gotta live. I would say it would be pretty hard being /thinspo/ drinking rum and cokes though.

But if that's true, why does the model guide say to eat chicken in lieu of red meat, which has more fat in it? What you're saying doesn't make any sense. Are you talking about a keto diet or something?

how old are you, user?

I mean i guess i could get used to just drinking straight from the bottle but still i'm not sure

Long Island Iced Tea, aka Can I see your ID

I'll fix myself one when i can, got some nice cuban rum at home

Why is it known as a fake ID buster? I'm not from the US

Not that user, but that model guide is for complete mealcucks and should be removed from the OP. It gives a lot of poor advice.

>how do you reduce bloating?

Stop eating bread and too much sodium

No, you shouldn't get thinner

not that user but as a college student I can confirm this is the intro college drink because it's generally cheap and high in alcohol, meaning you're either broke or young and new to drinking (or both)

what's the most /thinspo/ thing to order at a bar? I myself tend to go for gin & tonic

But models use it. I want to look like a model. Should I not eat the same food models do?

I'd rather follow someone who has experience making people look good before someone whose sole evidence is calling people cucks, IF or not. Seriously, can I see some studies here or something? Saying "fat is more satiating" doesn't do anything for me, it's not even a rationale for why that might be the case.

Friendly reminder to take your multivitamins

>But models use it.

lol sure they do

>Saying "fat is more satiating" doesn't do anything for me, it's not even a rationale for why that might be the case.

youtube.com/watch?v=SzcOz38FjaU&

watch this entire video and never click that dumb link in the op again

It's a drink a lot of young people buy, it'll set off red flags.

It's a joke that my bartender brother taught me, so yeah, if you're in America may not be the safest drink to order

>tfw late for class just so i could burn a few extra calories climbing 4 flights of stairs