What made you decide to dress better?

What made you decide to dress better?

In high school i saw the yeezy 2 come oit and thought it was cool and brought me into sneakers, which brought me into fashion.

the fact that I never had many clothes to begin with.

>dress like a high school nerd because I was one
>date girl in college
>she's into fashion
>got me into it

that's it

>very slowly realised in high school that people weren't all just wearing what their mom bought them and you could pick your own clothes and style
>years of blunder later i still don't even have that good of a wardrobe

It feels good to own clothes made of quality material that are attractive and will last longer without falling apart.

Also, it allows me to feel superior to the plebs around me that wear Uggs and pants with writing across the ass.

Living in Japan.

The population of most metropolitan areas is incredibly Veeky Forums and it made me want to step my game up.

I realized that as a guy, caring about what you wear and making even a little bit of effort makes you like 80% more attractive to girls.
Then, once I copped a gf, I realized that fashion is another way I can be creative and express myself, as well as making her appreciate me more because I try to look as good for her as I can.
That, and I live in a craphole buttswamp town where 90% of the population is hispanic and most of them either wear Hollister and A&F still, or dress in pretty much just rags. It makes me stand out and look put together, which gives me a lot more confidence.

TL;DR
Dressed for the babes, but now also dress to express myself & for self-confidence

yeah walking around asian countries is a bit of a shock to see how thin, well dressed, and clean they are. even the mangaka drawing lolis being raped dress immaculately at cons. in america people try to be as aggressively fat and ugly as they can

Jesus fucking Christ, what event was he wearing that outfit to?

I want to look as good as possible. It's not just about dressing well, but about trying to maximize my physical appearance, as well as having a decent public persona. I put more effort into my looks than anything else. It's probably because I was teased a lot for being ugly when I was younger so I have a complex about it.

whats wrong with fat nick tho

>The population of most metropolitan areas is incredibly /fa
Might be my area, but I've been living here 2 years and I mostly just see people in normalfag Veeky Forums gear. Well dressed but obviously not "into" fashion. I've seen a couple Rickies and that's about it.

HES FUCKING FAT

>yeezy 2 come out
>high school
jesus how young are you faggots

air yeezy 2 dropped in 2012 which was 5 years ago sis
maybe youre too ~old~ to still be browsing Veeky Forums

fuck you dont call me old

the clothes i had for 6 years fell apart

intially girls,

then i just got into the habit of buying nice clothes that don't fall apart, and actually align with a desired aesthetic

In high school in 2012

Opinion fucking discarded.

there are ways to look sick af if you're fat and no one in america is even willing to try, THATS what pisses me off

I stopped pretending I was a guy.

i didnt even present any sort of opinion lol
heres an opinion though:
>over the age of 25
>still going on a fucking fashion board on fucking Veeky Forums
time to reevaluate the life choices that led you to this point my guy

i had no other hobbies other than video gaming or tennis and i got bored of that

this

He is - along with $uicideBoy$, Pouya, Rozz Dyliams, XXXtentacion, Bones, Xavier Wulf, Eddie Baker, Chris Travis, Drip, Wicca Phase Springs Eternal, Night Lovell, etc - completely entry-level, and if you listen to them you're obviously new to the whole scene.

Oh excellent I love this shit.

Answer me this question:

What will you be doing over the age of 25 user? Flying a gold plated helicopter into a mountain of cocaine?

I'd like you to think about it, then remember it for when you're over 25 and still here.

list recommendations please

bruce springsteen and shellac you fag

lmao are you retarded
gold is too heavy for that

Well, since you didn't actually answer the question I guess you're just a troll. That's pretty disappointing.

my self esteem got better and I started wearing stuff I like and not just being lazy

college mostly. got Veeky Forums and wanted to look good and not dress like an autist like i did in high school.

Honestly, cos I realised I didnt dress well. Was about 3 years ago, I was old too. Shameful.
Ive never followed trends though.

>High School.
could be anywhere between 16 and 23.

Didnt just say his age, had to hide behind 'High School' so probs hes 16.

What makes /fa so youth centric?
Its not a life choice, its a fucking waste some time on the toilet choice.
Brat.

Started reading men's magazines "for the articles" when I was 15yo. Then actually continued reading them just for the articles.

He did it.

He didn't let his dreams be dreams.

>they are too mainstream
who is not entry level then you mommas hipster?

Spending 5 years or so looking for clothes i like without realizing the stuff i was searching for was not the stuff i wanted.

What does this sign mean?

D A M A G E D

not imageboards

At first I wanted to fit in so I bought Abercrombie and shit when I was in Highschool

Then I started attending Lawschool so I wanted to stop looking like a teenager. I began to learn about smart casual because I thought that is was kinda mandatory

As I got to learn about clothes and fashion I eventually realised how poorly dressed 80% of people are and how fucking easy it is to appear sharp to them. That led me to find smart casual boring as hell. Once again I was only dressing like that because I though that otherwise I would not be taken seriously at Lawschool, so after that I simply stopped trying (why would I bother tryhard with high end formal or semi-formal clothes and complex associations, when it is ridiculously easy to get compliments with an Uniqlo outfit ?)

From this point I started to get into high fashion. Initially I was in love with Slimane silhouettes (so former Dior and SLP). But eventually I became really interested by late 80's and 90's antifashion (CDG, Yohji, the Antwerp 6 to a certain extent, etc) and by current avant-garde (at first tricky ricky, but now I like Damir Doma a lot more, also japanese designers such as TVA, Devoa etc, and Italian avant-garde such as Transit, LUC, Lost&Found etc)

Ironically, even though I got into fashion because I wanted to fit in, now I couldn't care less about what the others think. I know enough about fashion to be conscious that I am not knowledgeable enough to have a relevant opinion when it comes to outfits that are not boring and generic. And if I consider my own opinion irrelevant, knowing that I've been passionate and actively learning about fashion for years, then there's no reason for me to give any importance to the opinion of the others when I dress up, unless I know that they know their shit better than I do

TL;DR
>What made you decide to dress better?

Wanted to fit in, found out it's boringly easy, now I don't even try anymore to "dress good" in the eyes of the others

He is - along with $uicideBoy$, Pouya, Rozz Dyliams, XXXtentacion, Bones, Xavier Wulf, Eddie Baker, Chris Travis, Drip, Wicca Phase Springs Eternal, Night Lovell, etc - completely entry-level, and if you listen to them you're obviously new to the whole scene.

>brother was into clothes, plus being black kinda pressured me to care about the way I dressed (I still hate Jordans though)
>I always thought dressing like a "hipster" was fun
>Started doing it my own way and having fun with it, slowly getting a little more attention from girls

Feels good mang.

>be gay
>hate everything that has to do with LGBT community and stereotypical fags
>purposely dress like shit so that people won't assume that I'm gay or that if they learn it, they'll think "uh, you don't look gay"

>eventually grow the fuck up and stop giving a shit
>dress like I actually want to
>people still don't think I look gay so it was useless in the first place anyway

You sound like a hypebeast faggot don't be saying nothing hoe

that is kind of sad actually.
never have been a people person.
I could never really relate to people properly, so I surround myself with things I value. clothing included.
though clothing is mostly to differenciate myself from the so called normies.

This girl I met in university summer classes two years ago. Thanks for reminding me of her. I still have a crush on her because we had classes every semester. But now we've graduated and she hates me.

I had horrible anxiety all through my life. Lost a close family member and quit my job. Became narcassistic, the more I loved myself the more everyone loved me. Spending more money on my clothes came with me finding myself more attractive and able to pull off clothes I never would have before.

i have nothing else to feel good about, other than my taste on clothing.

I was poor as fuck growing up and used to get my brothers old clothes so once i started to work and get my own money i got into fashion and developed my style

>didn't have much clothes as a kid/teenager
>didn't need much anyway because I had no social life
>about to start college (UK) when I realized I didn't have enough clothes
>went shopping with my sister and bought some decent basics
>became interested in fashion

i always dressed well because everything fits me

What's the jacket/sweater he's wearing on the right?

/mu/ and /g/ became boring and my mother works with clothing so i thought i could maybe get into it a little when i found Veeky Forums

Liking, and being friends with, a girl that has a very good sense of style. I realized that standing next to her really highlighted how badly I dressed, and how little effort and thought I put into my clothes. I felt embarrassed, and have been trying to learn how to dress better ever since. Still a newfag to this shit though

i became obsessed with nirvana at like 11 and wanted to look like kurt cobain

i'm not saying i was Veeky Forums

but wearing flannel shirts and chuck taylors was better then whatever normcore walmart shit i had on before.

his knees

Buddhism.

I decided that buying newly produced clothing from chains like H&M created too many potentially negative consequences so I started thrifting, which in turn made me aware of the way clothes age, different cuts and materials and how to judge the quality of clothes in general.

>Parents dressed me well as a kid in RL Polo and Hilfiger
>Get to college
>Get job and start making money
>No living, food, or rent expenses somce parents are well off
>job pays 3,000 a month while in school
>Shit tons of disposable income
>Was into dressing well already, always somewhat ahead due to travelling a lot and personal taste

it was picture day at high school, and after some group of wealthy boys finished their group photos one of them looked me down then up then sneered like I was some peasant dressing casual for a school photo.

my lack of self esteem

do you have eyes

>scene
>it's all on the internet

It wasn't bait. They dropped during my summer between sophomore and junior year.
I was talking about the platinums and solar reds but you faggots assumed that I was talking about the red octobers. I was 16 then and I'm 20 now.

this

both of these. when I was younger i would literally only spend the money i had on food and games. i had a small fucking wardrobe

Inferiority complex

dude im le rich white vegetarian buddhist 18 year old guy XDDDD

I look several years younger than I am, and work in a field where I am regularly the youngest person in the room by at least a decade.

And to be perfectly honest, I realized my physical looks were pretty average so I could use all the help I can get.

deez nuts

тeбe дeвcтвeннocть пoмoгaeт тaк мoлoдo выглядeть?

Depression. I lost weight, got a bit fit and then decided to do something about how I dressed too as a boost to self esteem. It's worked fairly well, I get compliments which I'm still not used to.

can relate

Please tell me how.

t. fatty who wants to be Veeky Forums

lose wait

Я пoтepял дeвcтвeннocть кoгдa твoeмy бaтe былo 14 лeт

not op but if u wanna know what all these guys came from jus listen to lum, old raider klan and old metro zu shit

mc holocaust and the doomshop dudes r tite too

I decided my next goal would be to improve my choice of clothing and social skills. Already got my diet and weight under control and I needed a new goal.

So far, I could use more button-up shirts, slacks, and better footwear. As for fragrances, I'm pretty much set as I had already been collecting them.

i had depression which flamed me out of college and when I was super close to eliminating my map the only thing that made me feel like I had a future and that maybe i could be alright some day was coming here and hanging out, posting fits and being inspired.

I realized I liked other men so i naturally started to browse Veeky Forums and copy the outfits posted here

>My obsession with my favourite models led me to think modelling was cool and clothes were even cooler.

>led to my interest in clothes and dressing better instead of wearing what my mum bought me

>Fueled my interest to want to wear cool and interesting clothing

>Though I doubt id get to model plus it seems stressful . I wish to dress in a fashionable way because its just intriguing and seems fun. But yeah mainly cool.

Same t b h

he looks better on the left picture

Shoplifting, you learn whats hot and what people want to buy and keep some stuff for yourself.

Not a junkie, just starting shoplifting paint for graffiti then made money doing clothes-don't do that shit anymore though, I now realize how expensive fashion actually is.

>chris travis
>xxx
>lovell
i like these boys

no fatty there arent. just loose weight fatty. you wont look good no matter what you do

I was profiled in magazine, just wearing like thrift store hipster stuff. This was before I got into actual fashion (like knowing designers). That kind of got me connected to that world.

But it was a lot of things. I've been getting more interested in design in general for a few years. Making more money than I used to makes a big difference too.

But mostly it was this: Sorry guys but women's fashion is so much more interesting.

Always loved design and drawing. Now that i'm in school for my M.arch and BSID I thought clothing was another thing I would have fun designing and expressing myself with.

societal norms and other arbitrary, retarded rules
I'm a programmer

>be into rap music
>see the clothes they wear is cool

Fuck asap mob and how they dress tho and all their affiliates

not the user youre replying too but I live in tokyo and came from a fly over state so its extremely different regarding the average dressed person

I lifted weights and though that improving my body and not improving my clothes is a stupid idea. Came here from Veeky Forums

>get bullied into fashion sense by a friend
>mfw i look better than him now

I was always into clothes and shoes but never really understood the world of fashion. Eventually I found Veeky Forums and that's really what inspired me.

Thanks guys.

Sad!