/oil/

Who here making some serious oil money?

>making serious oil money

My family gets a quarterly check for oil that they're pulling up from our land, and I don't consider that to be "serious oil money". Nobody here is making "serious oil money" unless their name is Rockefeller or something.

My entire portfolio is:
1. CNX
2. MCEP
Oil to $50 and beyond

Its gonna hit $65 by mid to late July. Screencap this post.

>tfw I lost 23% buying UWTI at the high, getting burned, and then buying DWTI at the high.
I-I think I'll just sit this one out, user.

All money is serious, user.

CNX has been killing it.

My folio:
>40% NE
>15% RIG
>15% SPN
>30% SRAQU

>tfw 85% of your portfolio is oil stocks that you've bought this year

I really think winter 2016 was a great time to buy

Short sold RIG .. never again.

if you're interested in oil check out BPT and SJT

>getting burned
why would you not just wait UWTI out until you've accumulated enough money to average down and ease out gracefully?

I got burned on DWTI when it temporarily crashed to $80 back in November or whenever it was and jumped in UWTI at the wrong time, not I'm just waiting it out and now I'm only down $300. I just need this one other stock to go up so I can sell it to buy the UWTI. I might take a small $70 hit just to get the $600 extra liquidity now.

I'm also holding
fucking FRO
GSTAR
MMP
SDRL
GST
and
CJES

Life is pretty fucking glorious right now

>
>>getting burned
>why would you not just wait UWTI out until you've accumulated enough money to average down and ease out gracefully?
>I got burned on DWTI when it temporarily crashed to $80 back in November or whenever it was and jumped in UWTI at the wrong time, not I'm just waiting it out and now I'm only down $300. I just need this one other stock to go up so I can sell it to buy the UWTI. I might take a small $70 hit just to get the $600 extra liquidity now.
>I'm also holding
>fucking FRO
>GSTAR
>MMP
>SDRL
>GST
>and
>CJES
>Life is pretty fucking glorious right now
Is that sarcasm I'm detecting?
I short sold 10,900 shares of SDRL at $40 avg. Mfw moon bucks flew in. Mfw broker forced me to cover because the stock was sold to shit. Managed to short another 24,440 shares but it didn't last due to another forced cover.

holding some DBO contracts, i think roughly an 86% gain today, not too upset about that.

oil is too choppy right now...keep it small and scalp this market

To late to get on the UWTI train? How far is it going to go?

>the 23% loss was after averaging down.

I'm going all in on DWTI today. It's about time the market took a step back and realized that the recent increase in oil price is completely unfounded from a supply standpoint. WTI is already falling. I predict it will be around $43 by market open.

Sdrl bay bay Need more volatilty though to sell more puts just a little scare plz.
Daddy wants to leverage

>Daddy wants to leverage
Spoken like a true gambler.

>April 28, 2016
>Selling SDRL puts

ISHYGDDT.

You should be BUYING those puts, dummy. This increase in oil price is unsustainable af. We're due for a big fat dip.

There will be no true correction until some major bankruptcies. Is LINE kill yet?

Every single oil service company went up, i really really hope you dont read this in time and lose alot of money

STNG
OOO (ASX)
BHP

Doing ok only have 3 grand invested

People are afraid to short oil now. Hedge funds are massively long oil futures and bullish derivatives. The price is going up because the investment banks know where the "low" price level is (in the 20s) and now they want to know where the high price might be. I think that is where the banks tell their indebted producers to "pump all you can and hedge it 5 years out ...". At that time you will have a price range to trade within and the hedge funds will finally be happy. Andy Hall will start making money again and won't need his buddy Andy Hecht to write defensive, fawning articles about him on his blog. back in the 90s many people made huge sums of money trading oil between 20 and 30 so it can be done again. Producers still remain in the fuck barrel peering out the banker's gloryhole.... anxiously..... from time to time.

lmao this guy's posts. I hope we stay between 30 and 50 with volatility for years. Cheap driving and mucho swing trades

DWTI closed down $2.16, though it was down around $4 at one point. I'm thinking oil may drop down to $43-ish in the next few days, so he may be okay. But there is still a risk it could spike up to $50 or so at some point if shorts start to pile on and get squeezed.

How's dat working?

>This increase in oil price is unsustainable af. We're due for a big fat dip.

Why do people keep forgetting the market can stay irrational longer than you can be solvent?

I work for a fuels company. They pay handsomely btw. But they use to pay better. The Suadis fucked up everything, and we have a shit ton of natural gas. It's a clean burning energy. And it's only a matter of time until someone out there figures out a way to make it into a liquid.

So, yeah, oil won't go away, but I want you to imagine what a gas station will look like 5 years from now.

What gas station? Within three years every car manufacturer will have a 200 mile range electric car. Probably double that 5yrs after.

its called LNG. Are you sure you work in fuels?

200 miles with no AC/heater, radio, or headlights isnt gonna cut it in America. Imagine driving 2 hours home in LA traffic when it's 110 outside and you cant run the AC, then when you get home you have to charge for 2 hours before going out to the store. EVs are currently novelty items and will likely never replace my 5.7L V8 Hemi

>my 5.7L V8 Hemi
That's an exception and of course it isn't going to replace things for people like you. Just the other day the guy I think from Porsche said he hates EV's because of no engine noise. I'm like get the fuck out of here and your foolish nostalgia. The big block era was over when the young people could no longer afford to build them.

There's no future in oil as soon as the price goes up the frackers will start up again and drive the price down again

And pressure from future EVs and Renewables, there's going to be alot more supply than demand for the future

Essential oils network marketing

>as soon as the price goes up the frackers will start up again and drive the price down again
You sound like you are regurgitating news from a few months ago. So spit it out and keep up! Now the banks are worried about all the oil credit lines and loans to keep those rigs and to get more. The banks are not willing to loan at these levels. It isn't feasible for the rig count to rise like you say.

Seadrill +15% today @ OSE

uhhh, you guys realize that oil going up is more related to $ weakness? and less on supply demand fundamentals which are still shit and bearish?

Not just my truck, friend. EV technology as it is today will never replace the internal combustion engine
>low range
>extremely long recharge time compared to refueling
>life of batteries
>the insane amount of electricity needed to be added to the grid to maintain an entire country of EVs
>power's out - you're fucked
>conveniently ignored environmental impact of disposing millions of tons of battery chemicals each year

The first two are the worst and are limiting EVs to third car novelty status. Until they figure out near instant charges and double the range it won't even replace a Honda Civic.

I'm not just a naysayer. I looked into buying one to save gas money on my long commutes, but found out it's actually impossible to get an EV that can handle an hour each way commute

mostly wrong

mostly right

>Until they figure out near instant charges and double the range it won't even replace a Honda Civic.
The Nissan Leaf had under 100 miles range and was the first modern electric car. The new ones coming out from Tesla, Nissan, GM, etc are all over 200 mile range. They did double the range!

I can easily see a 400 mile range EV to double it again by 2025. I of course mean in the affordable range, not high end.

200 miles is terrible when the charge takes anything longer than 5 minutes. And then it would be like driving a 20 mile a gallon car with a 10 gallon tank. Id laugh if someone tried to sell me that. Imagine the logistics of getting people in and out of hours long charging stations lol

What technological improvements do you see doubling the current range and eliminating long charge times?

have you ever considered kicking them out, buying the equipment, and starting your own business? In like two yaers when oil is back at $100/barrel

because no one could possibly know this for certain, anyone correctly guessing is not significant in any way,

>What technological improvements do you see doubling the current range and eliminating long charge times?

Lmao you are one stupid fuck, have you even been alive for the past 5 years?

The average American drives less than I believe 30 miles a day. An electric car is capable of that no problem. It can charge every night in your garage. No weekly trips to the gas station, giving you access to full range when you need it. You may not be average and drive more than most people. One long 900 mile trip for a yearly vacation is hardly the norm and could easily be planned for by renting a car or taking a flight. I mean who really wants to drive more than 100 or so miles anyway?

I dont know which ass you pulled that 30 m/day number out of, but as I said earlier, there currently is no EV that can handle an hour each way commute, which is very typical in any population area in the U.S.

I just asked how you see the technology improving to double the current range, not for a pile of burned strawmen

My girlfriends family owns an oil company. She stands to inherit the business and land (Im not sure how much) They make a retarded amount of money even as oil is down right now.

Why is she still your gf and not your wife?

>I mean who really wants to drive more than 100 or so miles anyway?

>I am literally incapable of accepting people like doing different things due to my autism

Wow, I dunno, possibly people who want to go on a road trip?! Some people enjoy driving long distances you know, not everybody is (you).

>no EV that can handle an hour each way commute
You mean every one, right?

>And it's only a matter of time until someone out there figures out a way to make it into a liquid.
You must be a janitor at the company. It's called LNG.

you are dumb as fuck. I hope you lose all of your $.

Oil is going to stutter and fall back the moment the market acknowledges the fundamentals. Oil is rallying cause it rallied cause it rallied cause it had one good day.
Complete balls on wall retard speculation tier. Enjoy the drop back to 30s once rig count stops dropping and we look at all the oil being stored fucking everywhere to the point where we literally can't fit it anywhere right now (no really we can't)

>Netflix is going to stutter and fall back the moment the market acknowledges the fundamentals. Netflix is rallying cause it rallied cause it rallied cause it had one good day.
>Complete balls on wall retard speculation tier. Enjoy the drop back to 30s once subscriber count starts dropping and we look at all the subscribers being poached fucking everywhere to the point where we literally can get it anywhere right now (no really we can't, cause prime video sucks)

you guys are forgetting the market discounts FUTURE cashflows. This is why Ive been saying get in oil since late last year (ok, I was a little early.) We saw the bottom in the $20s, now the market is anticipating the rebound as production declines and banks refuse to fund new projects.

Everyone knew oil was going up. Contango made the investment impossible.

Oil will never go back to $100, screencap this if you want

lol no. A lot of us have been buying up oil stocks like hotcakes. You dont have to literally buy futures contracts to make money off oil

disregard opinion

Literally all big traders agree that oil will go back to $50 or $60 max. Thats plenty of room to play for now though.

if you bought all those in Jan or Feb, you'd be making a killing

is it worth to buy now though? what if the rally in oil is over?

>citation desperately needed

Im not buying now. I shot my last loads in January and was buying since last July. I have the option to not buy, though, since I accumulated positions through the weakness by DCA

What about BTE?

Does anyone think that will go back up to a decent level? It's risen from about 4.27 to about 6.60 in the past 3 weeks.

Citation? Oil is almost 50 now.

Then why not just say you are buying oil stocks instead of using the words buying oil and futures?

I bought exxon mobile a year ago. Just broke even, not counting dividends.

I said "future cashflows." I dont think your English is very good or you're reading too fast or not checking IDs. Neither of your posts made any sense in relation to the ones you responded to