Hey Veeky Forums, I'm trying to get into post punk

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm trying to get into post punk.

Mostly I'm looking for:

Shirts (30-60$)
Trousers (50-100$)
Footwear (60-140$)
Jackets/Outerwear (100-200$)

I'm currently dressing with a Minimalist/Monochrome wardrobe, so I have most of the basics for post-punk; I'm mostly just missing the flair pieces. Does anybody have recommendations for designers/stores with decent quality fitting the price ranges above? I'd appreciate the help.

Other urls found in this thread:

april77.fr/en/182-essentials
norseprojects.com/store/men/classics
norsestore.com/feature/norse-projects-classics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you want flair pieces honestly save up money.

I personally think the most important aspect of an outfit is the shoes so save up money for boots with slim silhouettes as that fits what you want to portray.

Since you're looking for affordable look up Story et Fall otherwise go for Saint Laurent or Balenciaga (on sale of course).

Also don't buy those shitty fast fashion boots you're going to run through them in no time. As in don't buy footwear from H&M, Zara, Topman, or whatever other fast fashion store.

Here's my current rotation. As mentioned before, my wardrobe is really minimalist at the moment. Do you think I'm missing anything important?

oops

I really like your rotation. You pretty much have most of the basics. Maybe some shoe polish and shoe trees to keep the shoes more 'neat' looking? Also really small and I'm not sure if it's the light but I'd switch the laces on the left boots to match the rights. Can we see the rest of your wardrobe? And maybe a pic of what your trying to achieve? Very nice, again.

The current plan was to just let the shoes get a little beat up, I'm not one to keep things "neat". I'll post my wardrobe here when I have the time.

Ah I see. Keep us updated!

1/4

Sweaters

2/4

Shirts

3/4

tees

4/4

Accessories

not shown:
Black turtleneck
Black peacoat
Black overcoat
Black parka
3x black tapered 511's
2 scarves

I like it. If you want more of the punk look I'd suggest getting rid of those t shirts that aren't white and getting a bunch of more black ones.

Also for your shirts they look like they're made out of linen? I think getting shirts that have a more dressy feel is more in line with what you want.

Also you need a flannel and a leather jacket, so I'd have that as my priority once I have the basics down.

Yeah they're mostly Oxford cloth. I do have a leather jacket but I never really wear it because I thinks it's ill-fitting.

wondering if can rock a black pea coat for post punk vibes. i have so many bombers and cropped jackets

I'd recommend taking a look at these websites and basing a template off of it and include/exclude items you need or don't. Or select items from the websites.

april77.fr/en/182-essentials

norseprojects.com/store/men/classics

I'll try and find you some links in your price range. I'll be back.

Insanely helpful, appreciate it man.

w2c good black postpunk-y derbies or oxfords that aren't doc martens
seriously tired of seeing those

I found this that will fit your budget much better and suit your style. 1 dkk= 0.15usd, but I'm not sure on shipping.

Try Red Wing Postman, everyone posts them but no one seems to buy them. You can get them for a lot cheaper on eBay or grailed. hope that helps.

meant for

norsestore.com/feature/norse-projects-classics

This is what I meant to post, sorry.

Thanks! How do they fit? Any sizing things I should know about?

Most of the people say it goes true to size and a slight bit narrow. But most people just need to break them in since it's a leather shoe.

jeez your buget is fucking tight

none of this looks "post-punk" at all

if you want to look like joy division, etc. you are actually going to have to buy vintage. not from "minimalist scandinavian" streetwear brands. you aren't going to look 1977 wearing 2017 clothing.

too real

you think ol' ian wore super expensive designer clothes? he was struggling like all fuck so he obviously got it from second hand stores

not OP, but can chelsea boots work for post-punk fits?

Yeah just make sure your jeans sit on top of them rather than pancaking.

true. i'm not a huge fan of tight pants. i usually wear cropped trousers and boots and i like the look. i'm sure the fit would be similar with chelsea's but idk

Chelsea's are much slimmer and don't look good with cropped pants because of the break in silhouette. Maybe if you wore like bell bottoms lol but idk

hm. pic related looks good to me

What's wrong with dressing post punk in quality superior alternatives? It's not hard to dress 1977 wearing 2017 clothes at all.

Ian got some of his clothes from TopShop. I think Rob Gretton gave him money to shop.

Source: Deborah Curtis's book.

>Chelsea's are much slimmer
That depends entirely on the chelseas. If you're talking about SLP and its knockoffs, then yes, they're all quite slim. But then you have Belstaff, RM Williams etc that are chunkier.

W2c right backpack?

just do thrift and aim for more grunge oriented shit. thats what post-punk fashion is. sorry this is corny but do you think joy division or any post-punk band would ever buy designer. just go thrift. grungy jackets and shirts are everywhere.

Is that what you find at thrift shops? All I find are high school band shirts and paisley shirts

What's today's "punk" style for females?

I get told I dress like a punk but all I'm doing is wearing a lot of black clothes(chelseas, super skinny jeans, camisole/basic tee, with a bomber)

When I think of punk girls I think of those girls with fishnet stockings, 6 inch heels, biker jacket, and green hair or something.

>ian wore a black t shirt once is that post punk??
lol do you honestly think anything in this thread could have existed in the 70s? all this low waisted, skinny fit, colorless garbage?

For the record I haven't posted anything about Ian Curtis or Joy Division, I don't want to dress like Ian Curtis.

I want to take the style that post punk revolutionized in the 70s and wear a modern version of it. This is going to mean a skinnier fit and less color. It's not that hard to grasp.

w2c trousers

haircut and eyebrows made me puke though

It's not trve post-punk if you don't go exclusively to thrift stores for most things and steal the expensive parts

Inspo dump

What punk girls do you know that wear 6 inch heels? Maybe fetish models, but most "real" punk girls just wear docs or some kind of other ratted down shoe.

underage

Look up the danish band iceage, only real post punk

if you use shit like post punk, """nhilism",,, neechee as a fashion statement youre the most basic mother fucker on earth and you should stop

You're a bunch of tryhard faggots. No one should care about fashion this much

i thought punk was all about non conformity ?

Veeky Forums is literally ass cancer, kys Veeky Forumsggot

You're right actually I was speaking from personal preferences.

Keep looking at "punks" on instagram then, kiddo.

>This is going to mean a skinnier fit and less color. It's not that hard to grasp
ok but that's not modern
maybe 7 or 8 years ago

basically what you've proposed is post punk, but to take away everything that actually distinguishes it as post punk and replace it with shite

w2c boots like this or similar

What style? There's certainly a visual style to post punk, but the clothing itself is all over the place. Any idea of a cohesive style of clothing coming out of post punk was basically invented after the fact.

/elias/

Beautiful