Kill me

>Stock is skyrocketing, up 300+ % so far in trading period
>Price per share at $1.00
>"Idk seems risky...can it really go up much higher??"
>A few minutes later, price per share shoots up to $1.50
>"FUCK, I MISSED IT!!! IT'S TOO LATE NOW!"
>A few minutes later, price per share shoots up to $2.00

These are just hypothetical numbers, but what is this psychological effect that is causing me to cuck myself out of massive gains? How do I identify this happening and put and end to this mental faggotry?

I'll also hijack your thread for a second.
Let's say I purchased a stock for 1$ and it has gone up to 1.6$. That's pretty good profit but I only have invested 300$ into them. This being said I don't have any more money to buy more of this said stock but I have so little equity in it that I just want to wait and maximize my profits. When it starts to decline for a certain period of time do I cash in or when am I supposed to ditch my greed and just get the profit I'm set to have despite it probably not have being peaked but I've still made profit on it?

LOL, discipline level: 0
Write down a number on a piece of paper, e.g. 20%. When it goes higher than your number, cash out.

But what about after I cash out? Do you recommend putting some in the same stock and dividing the rest to different or just use profits to buy and hold some dividend stocks? I mainly invest in dividend stocks but now I have been buying ETFs

bump for answers

You're a pussy who is scared of risk

I don't know how to fix it and if I did I would be a very wealthy life coach. I don't think anyone has a cureall for bitch-pussy mentality. seems to be a function of past life events and how you were raised

Best general solution, start meditating

Your tolerance for risk is pretty low

don't use money that you could possibly give a shit about. that's it. get a hobby.

if you're not doing it for a living, then treat it like you treat any game that you need patience and practice to get good. if you suck at games in general then don't fucking play you weenie.

if you are doing it for a living, you know better than anyone here that you can't actually get emotional about trading.

>These are just hypothetical numbers, but what is this psychological effect that is causing me to cuck myself out of massive gains? How do I identify this happening and put and end to this mental faggotry?

You have understood the idea of the "buy low, sell high" philosophy, your new wisdom prohibits you to buy when all are buying and sell when all are selling... be happy user, most fags on this board will never be able to grasp it.

future fear of regret
look this up

stop buying penny stocks

Your example is pretty bad or at least vague.

What are your reasons for buying the stock in the first place? What are your support/resistance prices, i.e. at which point will you bail out, and where will you sell some/all of your position? Do you have any indicators or system you use to determine by/sell points?

If you don't know any of that, you are just gambling, especially on a stock that just went up 300% in a short time. You are going to be riding an emotional rollercoaster on every rise and dip, wondering if this is the point you should sell, etc. If you have a stop loss point in mind when you buy, the price at which you would not want to lose more or the price at which your assumptions are proven wrong, then you can end the mental faggotry and let the trade ride. Also, having a target for when you take some of the initial stake off to ensure some profit also helps.

None of this is easy, but the more you force yourself to trade with some basic rules and discipline, the better you will get at it.

Gunna start trading soon. You seem like a good voice on this topic, what are some very basic principles I should have established BEFORE I start? And are there certain types of stocks I should gravitate to more than others?

I'm not good with these fluctuations either so I went into real estate. A monthly check every month puts my mind at ease. Maybe it's for you too

never chase profits . if you didn't get in early then just forget it

Find something that fits your investment objectives
Don't kill yourself with fundamental analysis but understanding WHY the stock went up can be good....

Me on the left

Buy DUST OP it's an ETF

gambler's fallacy

>massive gains
A fucking meme.

If you are ever up 300% in a stock and dont sell, you are usually retarded. Yes, some people get lucky, but odds their luck will run out because they buy into the idea of meme stocks. Especially with pump and dump stocks with that level of volatility

>but muh bitcoin/apple
Occured over five-10 years, a long ass time. You could surpass those earnings.

>What are your reasons for buying the stock in the first place?
Since it "spiked" to $1.50, I'm going to guess he bought it because it was cheap.
Sub $5 stocks are just as good as listed ones, you know.

Some fresh nocoiner cope.

I'm having this issue now also. My exxon investment is now positive. I also made some good dividend money over the past year. My goal when buying the stock was to have a 10 percent gain in a year. Not there yet and I'm over a year. I know that it is foolish to sell right now because oil is going up and so is the sector. I guess I got sick of holding a loser but now that it is gaining I don't want to hold. Stupid, like it is instinct to buy high sell low.

To op a common technique is pull your original investment out and keep the profits in the stock.

'A bus comes every 15 minutes. Just make sure you're 5 minutes early for the next one'

About 1 months of gains

what would Veeky Forums do

Set a % to always sell at of profit

No one ever went broke taking profits

honestly, if you don't know why a stock went up, then you shouldn't be trading. You'll just lose a lot of money, and miss out on heaps of opportunities to earn big