Fell for the "Just get any degree!" meme

>Fell for the "Just get any degree!" meme
>Depressed as fuck throughout uni just did everything the night before never attended class, but didn't see any way out so carried it on
>Gonna be graduating this year with a 2.2 degree in foreign languages
>tfw i have literally destroyed any hope of a future

>>/r9k/

>just get any degree
>doesn't do something they're interested in or find enjoyable enough to put real effort into

seriously user what the hell

Did the same op

You could do TEFL in Korea

Wow what a retard... 2.2 in FOREIGN LANGUAGES???

L M F A O

hahahah i came here to just to say this myself

LOL

this OP

you have the perfect opportunity with your degree to travel to countries where youve studied the language, and get paid to do so. its really not too difficult to accomplish, get a cert and youre golden.teachers are pretty high in demand all over the world and it can be a good job (honestly kind of a crapshoot but most jobs are), just dont expect amazing yearly earnings that 80/hr/wk financeers make.

also nobody gives a flying fuck about GPA. especially once you actually have some real experience under your belt. it gets easier with more experience. trying to find work out of college is the fucking worst but it gets easier.

jajajajajaja

retardo OP

You are right but a 3.9 > 2.2. Thus it kinda matters.

>go through college depressed
>don't try at all
>probably no internship experience or networking while in school

>ITS THE SHIT DEGREE'S FAULT!
This is you OP.

Yeah experience is important but getting a 2.2 in any major is downright downs-tier let alone some lib arts bullshit like foreign languages.

Does it make you butthurt he can still get a decent paying 50k a year job since GPA doesn't matter.

I feel your pain OP.

I did the same. Wish I had known at the time, the mistake I was making.

Maybe the Dems will forgive the debt...

>nobody gives a flying fuck about GPA
Yeah. Except grad schools. Oh well. Online university? Get your Masters degree in basket weaving now

You can do anything. You just need to make connections. Peter Thiel had a degree in Philosophy and went to trade derivatives in the finance industry.

lmao BTFO

At least it takes care of the family/friends pressuring you to get a degree aspect. After you finish go fucking do what makes you happy OP. Life's too short

Man I'd say if you at least had above a 3.0 to just apply for a Master's in Finance.

If I were you I'd stay in school for post-bacc and just study and double major in something that gives you tangible skill like accounting. If you can, take as many credits as you can at community college and transfer.

I wish I would have doubled majored but i got tired of paying fucking thousands of dollars for classes.

Mechatronics student here, looking for a internship for next year (part of the study).
There are like 400 companies I can approach in a 40 km radius. (they probably don't all have valid interships tho)

But still, feels pretty good man.

>degree in foreign languages
Whats wrong with this degree? You can easily do so much with a degree in foreign languages. Be a teacher and open young minds. Or use the degree as a stepping stone to get to a field you want.

>tfw i have literally destroyed any hope of a future
Don't be overly dramatic. You're young. Graduating from college is a major accomplishment achieved my a minority of the population. It's the gateway to the middle class. And you're about to walk though that gate. You're doing fine.

nobody will read a resume with a 2.2 gpa, Ms. Dong

nobody asks for your gpa/rank except the government and it's hardly ever something they take seriously if you have a lot of experience.

actions have consequences. you'll be poor, but you can still enjoy being poor you stupid manchild.

>nobody will read a resume with a 2.2 gpa
Sure they will. Just don't put the GPA on the resume. Seriously. After the first job, GPA doesn't even matter anyways.

Graduating with a double major in Philosophy/Chemistry with a minor in Political Science. Original plan was to go to law school but the money in business seems so much sweeter.
Would you recommend a Master's in Finance over a Master's in Economics or MBA?
I've been considering this for a while now and have already been accepted into a few programs but am unsure of the best route to take.

>Mechatronics

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M

Hold on, Caucasian. I'm an oldfag in derivative origination. When my company was sold I took my severance and started looking. Every person I interviewed wanted to know what my GPA from 1985 was. They didn't want to know how I improved income by 500k/mo at my former employer. GPA is another way to get rid of oldfags applying for such jobs. I know that. Happily I can report that my investments from 1985 on are now paying me about 75% of what I used to make a couple of years ago.

Seriously, youngfags, put your money to work for you not someone else. And get as high a GPA as you can.

>Every person I interviewed wanted to know what my GPA from 1985 was
Well I guess I stand corrected. It must be field specific.

I've been out of school and in the IT consulting field for almost 10 years and I don't think I've ever been asked what my GPA was. And as a guy who graduated with a 2.9 GPA I'm OK with that.

>Hold on, Caucasion. I'm an oldfag in derative origination.

I thought your post was going to be a rap about job applications

Kek

> decent paying
> 50k
i got some bad news for you

hahaha can't breathe.

Guys like this make me glad that I chose not to go to university until I had a good plan. I know so many people who just went to university for the sake of going to university, taking useless courses like Art.

>28 years old
>live with mom
>transferring to university in the fall to finish a BS
>hope i can still make it

civil engineering or mathematics with a minor in finance Veeky Forums? the civil engineering degree is 25k less tuition.

OP, how does it feel to know that you fail at learning how to write and speak?

>29
>Previously dropped out of Psychology degree
>(Not a lucrative option, but met some good friends and had a good time)
>Been NEET for years
>Got ICT certifications (Programming, networking, technician qualifications)
>Going back to Uni this year - CompSci with Economics
>Yuropoor country so fees are paid.
Life could be worse.

>21
>Junior in college
> Major in Comp info systems minor in Finance
> Kinda try but not too hard
> 3.8 Gpa
> In good standing with multiple Ivy league alum professors.
> Apprenticship with great corp $15.5 an hour
Feels pretty good man.

>tfw STEM
>tfw love math
>tfw engineering bucks in the future

I thought I had a good plan too. Turns out I was wrong. Biology is a shit degree.

Wait, isn't it an MBA in Finance?

>19
>no degree
>$19.5/hr
:^)

literally the median american household income for a single person

Tbh I really rather want my study to be called autistic than a meme by a butthurt faggot.

So I guess ty

I am in the process of publishing research papers. I'm probably going to have some stuff named after me (user's algorithm, user mapping). I'm also in the early stages of pursuing patents.

However, I have a shit GPA (2.67)

Which is more important?

In an MBA program you can concentrate on one subject over an other. MBA's are generalist degrees. MsFin is very specific, so you'll take more finance classes in a finance program than in an MBA.

I think whatever you have more trust in, and also you think is more fun. Research paper is the saver choice I think, but a patent has more potential ofcourse.
Both look good on you resume.

100% entirely your own fucking fault for not doing the fucking work and for getting a shit degree.

Tesco is hiring.

>Fell for the "Just get any degree!" meme

I've literally never heard of that. Why would you listen to that anyway? That's the dumbest advice I've ever heard regarding university.

I'm a STEMfag and I met had a conversation with a visiting scientist from Romania. He told me he is overburdened with work since he has no students willing to help him long term. I ask him why, assuming there are enough students in romania that it can't be hard to find one.
He tells me, young people today are pushed into university by their parents, they get their degrees but don't want to work, having no passion, so they just leave the university for something better.

I feel like this trend has migrated westward and I can feel for you OP. I know many people in my program of study who seem aimless or in their last years switching to a completely different field of study. I don't think there is anyone to blame. But too many 17-18 year olds enter the system with no plan or ambition and are pulled along due to their pride/having already spent money/not wanting to let their parents down.

It'll be fine.
Just do not go into teaching
Do not do it
No
Said the sculpturedegreefag

nobody gives a fuck about one's GPA. I have never been asked that.

OP graduated, he's good to go. The little piece of shit paper they give you doesn't say anything about a gpa on it.

Your best bet would be to travel overseas and teach english for a few years, then find out what you want to do after wards.

It is funny.

Same here, now at 29 I'm just as lost and depressed, just have more regret.

One of these days I'll end it.