How does someone become a successful programmer? How much money is in coding apps?

How does someone become a successful programmer? How much money is in coding apps?

>apps
why? how old are you to get in so late? maybe $12/hr i guess if you become good, and after a few years you could be making $25/hr. if you have your own ideas then there's no point in coding them yourself.

you take classes and send out applications. you become successful by working well. this isn't a new industry anymore senpai. if you really don't have time then you need to be in a city that has accelerated/specialized programs, and right now you'd be learning data science more than anything if you wanted to chase the cash money.

I make 67/hr making webapps in js.

what's that language to the far right at the top tier level?

C++, Ruby, C#, and wtf is that?

F#

>How does someone become a successful programmer?
first you must be born to it.
second you must practice and learn a lot.
third you need an inner calling.

Enterprise is where the money is. Become a programmer for a financial institution. App developers still live with their Mum and Dad.

Well creating a successful app that generates alot of revenue is entirely based on luck. Did you know that vietnamese guy who created flappy birds was getting 50k a day in the first month of it's release?

>If you're just in it for the money OP get out.

What made you start coding then? You are making bank with few experience. Do you work for yourself of a company?

i can write code in languages on all of these levels (except the science matlab/R stuff), what does that mean

nothing at all

can you link to some of your webapps or similar products? I'm studying MEAN stack right now after quitting my job 3 months ago, having a clear idea of what I'll be producing will aid my focus greatly. thanks!

>maybe $12/hr i guess if you become good,

do you mean trying to make your own apps? I make $20/h as an intern in my first placement

if you're working for yourself you might make nothing or you might make millions , most likely you'll make nothing

Where's html5 5 on there

Go to top 5/10 school for Computer Science. Spend all day programming and networking.

Now you're on track to working at all the top tech companies and have a path to success. Good luck.

html isn't a programming language

how the fuck c# is top level and java is pajeet. They both should be pajeet level

>>js
>>flaming other programmers
>>less than 1 year experience
just fuck off mate

you don't become a programmer. programming is pajeet entry level work (you fucktards can feel superior about it but that's the truth), skip this step and go into management and you'll learn what software development is all about

Actually yeah, I did get in it for the money. Turned out I liked it.

Scratch my previous statement.

I work for myself as im a contractor. But realistically I work for a company that gets a bunch of contracts and they have contractors on retainer. I usually work over 40 hours a week and have yet to dip under.

truth is c# is the better of the two altho generally comparable, but less java programmers mean they earn more. c# is comfy tho.

i'm convinced the creator used RNG to place the languages.

there is 1 million app out there and entire industry with thousands of code-monkeys at there service to build whatever they wake up one day and think about doing and they will finish it in 4-5 days then market the shit out of it to their thousands of Normies on facebook to get it to the top 100 app in a week

meanwhile you are NEET coding from your parents basement who still learning how to code from anime image board to make your above average app thet will take you months to finish and to publish it then share it on your >100 friend facebook profile so you have 40 downloads in a month 30 is from your family and grandparants who complain how "slow" its

however if you made it you will make a millions so there is that

I love these threads that talk about app language but never talk about SQL.

Why do you people login to online banking? Why do you browse Amazon? Fuck it why are you here on Veeky Forums?

Is it because you like the color scheme? The fonts? The pretty rounded corners?

Data. You make money, by learning to provide data. And you farm out the apps to expendable dipshits

true ay lol

Who wants to manage Pajeets? You're as likely to get a working program out of them as you are to get a bag of cats to make you a pizza. Cheap is one thing, mud for brains is another. Worthless subhuman garbage.

Where and how did you start to learn JS? Doing CS atm and want to learn JS to make something productive and to hopefully make some money on the side as well.

>python
>numpy
>not in the same level

literally open notepad, type , and write some shit, then run it in your browser

you learn from the internet there are free online courses to start you off and you can download books for free after that for specific problems you search google for solutions various forums provide much insight.

js is nigger tier language i hated every second of it when i had to use it back in 2000.

php is the other nigger language horrible error handling outrageous attempt at object orientation it's just pure crap. but can still be used for small stuff i did a lot of my own page in php and sold many homepages with engines written in php. it's just like jerking off with sand instead of lube.

The sick thing is that it's hardly gotten any better since 2000. It's just gotten heavier and heavier and heavier. And then, after they've hooked everyone on "herp derp use a framework cuz dey handles da compatibility," they start dumping compatibility. So now you have dozens of 10MB scripts downloading from all over the world to do a fraction of the shit we used to do inline and it breaks the second an Mozilla shits out their hourly UI rearrangement of Chromefox...

Python is shit (well it isn't but OK) but if you use it for scientific computing with Numpy it's chill.