Robinhood General Thread - /rgt/

Robinhood General Thread - /rgt/

VIEWS Edition

Visit the website first - www.robinhood.com

Candlestick charting guideline:
> stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:introduction_to_candlesticks

FAQs
> How is it free?
They invest your unsettled funds after a trade.
It's also pretty basic software.

> When is it coming to my country?
Probably never. They only have plans on an Australian beta ( robinhood.com/au/).

> It's been X days, why isn't my account isn't verified yet?
If it takes more than 3 days, try emailing their support. They are very good.

> Is this the right place to pump and dump and/or shill a worthless stock?
No, please go to Stocktwits, Plebbit, or one of our many chat groups.

> What's a good penny stock to invest in?
Don't buy penny stocks you cum guzzling mouth breathing retard.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, am I being jewed?
No, that would actually be illegal. Robinhood graphs are just shit and only show you an average, not-really-realtime price. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
thinkorswim is bretty gud if you want to go open a second account with real broker.
Otherwise you should be using Yahoo/Google finance or even Stocktwits for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

Old Thread:

#
""22nd Century Group, Inc. (XXII) -NYSE MKT
0.8524 0.0076(0.88%) 3:28PM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

Prev Close: 0.86
Open: 0.85
Bid: 0.86 x 200
Ask: 0.87 x 2500
1y Target Est: 4.50""

>1y Target Est: $4.50

Am I reading this right?

Yahoo Financial is saying it's going to climb 5.17x it's current value by the end of the year??

First for cuckolds

3rd for got greedy on PRGN

Yeah, but target estimates don't mean shit. They change overnight. As soon as some bad news hits, analysts could change their targets to a price lower than the current price.

how long do I have to wait to withdrawal funds from a regular robinhood acount?

I sold stock today, so I have to wait 3 days for it to clear then another 6 days on top of that?

Icahn fucking wrecked DJIA. I want to buy AAPL under $80

Icahn wrecked everything, all my stocks took a dive right before close.

When is SKLN supposed to do anything? It closed green just barely today, but nothing I see indicates growth

I out today once I realized it's in a sort of downtrend. I'm wondering the same thing. Why is it even this cheap to begin with? They have had this product for about a month now I gather and seemingly no interest. Somebody who knows about this company needs to chime in here.

I'm considering getting out as soon as I can turn a profit unless there's something on the horizon. It's like you said, it seems like they have a good product, but it's not helping stock prices.

I know they have an ER call relatively soon, hopefully that can help out a bit.

>BCEI on gains train
>drops in last hour of market

I got to start setting stop losses...

>not buying $CPXX beginning of March
>not buying $CPXX when it hit 15
>regretting not buying $CPXX when it goes TSLA heights

>forgot this is penny stocks boards

>SUNE meme still making me lol

anyone know about withdrawals?

WTF happened at close?

I feel the same.

I think its because icahn pulled out of aapl

>Apple stock still cheap
>Tim Cook is a great CEO
>Apple is a great company
>We no longer hold position with Apple

Okay, so we all can detect bullshit when we see it, but what did he mean when he blamed it on China?

nvm. This guy explains it on a post on cnbc website

>Thank you, Mr. Icahn for confirming what I have been saying all along. Apple was blinded by China's cheap labor and now that China has learned how to make their own cell phones by copying Apple's technology, it will lock Apple out of its market and let their own tech companies operate within. The same will happen to GE and every other gullible corporation that thinks that there is free money waiting in China for them to grab and run.

Hey man, I answered you just now on the old thread. In case you aren't watching it, you wait five trading days to withdraw your settled funds.
>sell
>3 days, you can trade again
>5 days, you can withdraw
Five trading days also means a week, bear in mind.

Man I know! Turned my 1% profit into a 0.33% profit! Mostly because of platinum stocks for me.

Just ordered 30 shares of Canadian Vanguard S&P 500 (VFV)

I'll wave to you guys from my yacht.

Yeah, when you're too old for your dick to work.

What are some good long-term stock to hold onto?

TWTR

Even though the value has been going straight down? Building itself back up?

Thanks m8

Gold/silver mining. SLW is the best company to have right now, they have near 0 operational costs because of their business model, they don't actually own mines, they have contracts for silver from mines at really cheap prices. Their profit depends on silver, and silver is poised to do great this year.

Also their 1% dividends is a plus, could be higher when prices increase.

Still though, even if it's a quarter of that increase, it's decent gains.

So im 500 something in line for instant. Does RH move the line besides on wednwaday? Can i expect it friday morning?

How long have you been using robinhood for?

Since saint pattys day, but i refered a friend.

Hope my meme stocks do better tomorrow.

What in the living fuck does mining have to do with Twitter?

tech bubble pops soon goys

It's a good long term stock to that guy.

Looking for some good etfs.
Everyone knows about UWTI and DWTI when it comes to oil. I'm wondering if there are equivalents for other sectors and if they move as much.

Why aren't you guys talking about the actual money makers?
Kudos to anyone who bought it after I brought it up yesterday. Hopefully you're rich.

To think, one of my ideas to find something worked for once.
If only I had stuck to it.

I almost bought it at 1.14, but I pushed out. I then proceeded to watch it keep skyrocketing while waffling back and forth about whether or not I should buy in. I regret it immensely. I should have gone all in with my $1600 buying power at 1.14. I would have made over 2K

After market is lookin real good for me right now, let's hope the prices stick

AVP looks like it's going to shoot up on Thursday with the quarterly

how?

AVP thread, Zack's Estimated Surprise Prediction on earnings. We've already seen alot of stocks shoot up over half decent earnings reports. It seems unless they suck they're going up

GLRI up 25% this morning.

scratch that. 45%

Look at all the gold ETF's. There are ones that follow big miners, mid cap/small miners, I got in GDX 3 or 2 days ago at 23.19, check it out laddy

I bought in at .4666, and sold a couple minutes later at .43.

Amazing huh?

Holy shit that sucks. Plus it's up another 50% so far today. Shipping as a whole has been doing well, bought EGLE at .85 and it's looking to hit around $2

Gambling on this post. Just got 20 shares of avp. a week turn around won't be too much I don't think.

Aaaand AMD is dropping again

When will UWTI stop gaining?

Yeah WTF they're the barbarian at the gates I suppose

I'm hoping this is all short term nonsense, press makes it seem like it should be rising

probably 50 or so, in the near term. Stockpiles are still pretty high, so those will get traded & then production will ramp up once stocks lower some, probably drive the price somewhere around where DWTI is long term (but you don't want to be a bagholder for the swings; play the ups & downs each day, don't hold for more than a few days).

It hit 44 last week iirc, and WTI crude is slowly moving up as well; production will ramp up as gas prices rise in general, but overall it's a totally irrational commodity since there's so much collusion and insider bullshit in the market.

So, many people are speculating SCTY is going to go down like SUNE.
After looking at their business model, I believe this is false and that now is the time to invest.
I'm sure it's going to hit $40

people are over the earnings announcement, and NVDA is releasing their new chipset first (in about a month, I believe; their release is early june, so most people are gonna ride that wave until just before/just after the release and benchmarking data); AMD still has a place in the market, and their server applications for CPUs and GPUs could boom with the recent troubles at Intel, but we won't know until they release their Polaris architecture, so there's a fair amount of uncertainty there.

Buy the dip, sell the news. I bought the earnings dip on AMD, sold the news, i'll probably buy NVDA and hold until just before the chipset release, and then buy AMD until their chipset release.

Long term, I think NVDA will be stronger in the shrinking PC market, but AMD is doing much better in the commercial applications for GPUs, and the recent troubles at Intel could mean good things for AMD's market share in CPUs as well, but that's still mostly an unknown without knowing the benchmarks for their latest processor architecture.

What are today's memes?

Yeah, I bought what I THOUGHT was the dip. It was back up to 3.80 real recently, thought about selling, but of course I waited to see if it would grow.

I'd suggest buying AXAS in the dip, if there WAS a dip. 2 straight weeks of climbing and looks to continue the trend.

>sold PRGN yesterday for a loss having bought in too high
>Its up to almost $3 today

Kill me senpai

Just stop trading, senpai. If you lost money on a skyrocketing stock, you should probably just quit.

I'll check it out, MEMP was the last solid meme get I had. Oil in general is looking pretty strong right now though.

Yeah, AMD is gonna waffle for a month or so.

In the meantime, NVDA is legit moving on a downtrend; we'll see where they end up, but I'll probably buy in on them in the next few days in anticipation of release hype; I don't think their market cap is realistic long-term, but they're still doing pretty good things in the near term, and should have some pretty good hype when they release their new tech.

I'll target $30/share as my buy point; I think they'll get there sometime in the next few weeks.

He's joking you retard.

Twitter hit its peak with the arab spring stuff; now, it's mostly niggers terrorists and SJWs. They hired an SJW to their board recently, and they're shitting the bed on earnings. Looks like they're just gonna try to ride this downtrend out, but the platform's growth is slowing, the ads they're using to monetize it are more intrusive than facebook's, and users are reacting; they're spending less time on twitter, and moving to instagram/snapchat, etc. for their fix of instant updates.

It's simple, Twitter is a platform for niggers and regards, and gold/silver are the portfolio linings of niggers and regards. When one suffers, so does the other.

SPXS/SPXL - short/long bets on the performance of the SP500, respectively

VIX - SP500 volatility index, there are multiple leveraged and un-leveraged ETFs related to it. I wouldn't suggest trading it unless you're an options trader looking to hedge.

I mainly play UWTI/DWTI. I only really pick up SP500 ETF during earnings season when I'm reasonably sure there will be a general slowdown in markets (there are numerous market indicators of slowdowns; falling home sales, limited economy growth, and certain CPI goods that fluctuate in good vs. bad markets).

You know what? i'm buying 4,000 shares of SCTY at $30. There's simply no way it's going to drop more than 6 fucking points, it just simply can't. As soon as it Rebounds Brah...

:(

I started at $919 this morning after two good days of gains. I believe in Illumia though so I think I'm gonna keep holding. Thoughts?

i took a -$60 loss today on one of my investments. feels bad but i will hold till the end of time

>2016
>not 100% basic materials

Hold until bankruptcy , you fool

Can you use Robinhood as a non-us citizen with a valid Social Security Number?

Can I force Robinhood to allow me to day trade even if it flags me?

I sold everything I was 15%+ on yesterday, but everything else is taking a shit. I have a few hundred dollars free so I'll probably BUY THE DIP.

I'm only a resident alien and I'm using it just fine.

yes

Moving on, my stocks are all red, lads. BTE, F, and $XXII. Gonna hold hoping the sell on May meme doesn't happen.

Yea im all in the red today too

Just fuck my shit up famalam

So has this just been a profit taking week? Some of these dips make no sense to me.

May has historically been that way and with the 1st approaching, I guess some are trying to get ahead.

Another thing is APPL coming down, future crude oil looking meh (along with supply being high), and you have the believe a recession is coming.

Better start doing your research, fellas.

do you guys not know what gold is?

Do you not know what timing is?

I knew about the August dip, didn't know May had one too. Oh well, I'm long on FRO and Yahoo. Short on AVP but even if it don't pan out I don't see losing much on it. Still making money slowly.

>FRO

Just hope people are fooled by the current fall in gas prices and they fire up those 4x4 and SUVs thinking it'll last. Only way it seems for demand to increase which is what we need on oil.

Sorry i could not hear you over my gains, its still going up sorry im getting a piece of the pie

Gold is due for a big dip soon. It cant just keep going up like this. Better pull out soon

Good for you, I'm not buying Gold now, it's trending to high. We'll see in June when OPEC and Fed meeting take place.

why is ceru dropping like a rock?

Everything is down.

>CERU beta - N/A

Can anyone tell me why?

Why is everything dying!?!?

All my shit absolutely sank today. Fuck

Good Christ what happened to the market today

Im buying the dip. Threw 2k into ceru.

Confident it will go back up?

>CPRX up 5% today

Think I saw this recommended on here yesterday. Anyone user named some money on it on a whim?

I wouldn't just throw in 1/7th of my worth if i wasnt.
They have good news coming in on the 19th-21st. Itll be fda approved by june of next year if all stays on track.
This couldnt have gone better. I LOVE bear markets. 590 shares.
I expect my 590 shares to be worth over $30 each by 2017 june.

...that's a hell of a bet.

Im one hell of a guy.