Raf Simons AW2017

Raf Simons Autumn/Winter 2017

What do you Veeky Forums think?

What does Veeky Forums think?*

Looks very inspired by New York. Can you tell?

Maybe also inspired by current trends by New York residents?

Nice pants

Really like this look. The silhouette is very nice and the use of the model's skin tone really complements the look.

HNGH
I NEED THIS

Another IheartNY sweater.

The cut that Raf uses in his pants/bottoms are always very nice.

Favorites so far

Also while on this is Raf going for an androgynous look?

I feel that the trend of making clothing unisex is gaining momentum, unless I'm just super late.

Another great silhouette.

>I'm just super late

These sleeve things are really reminiscent of the previous season's oversized varsity sweaters.

better than off-white will ever be

Disclaimer: The the things going around the models waists is tape, not belts.

these sweaters are musts for any raf archivist. really nice.

>tfw my friend got to see raf at work backstage
;_;

I really like this sweater, but not much a fan of the oversized look. And of course the cut of the pants.

Christ, this coat.

Christ, this entire look.

Anyone know what kind of shoe type that is or if it is one? Looks like wallabee's from the binding/stitching together.

This backpack's straps looks very interesting. Very tactical looking, wonder if there's a full view of it.

Sleeves down and khaki colored pants.

Not a real fan of these sweaters, but the shirt looks very nice.

I like this color way much better. Maybe pearls on men can be normalized?

Very nice coats. Too bad I can never wear them wear I live. Cool tape, though. Wonder if it will be for sale.

>Maybe pearls on men can be normalized?
Like chokers, only on androgynous dandies and gays.

This is very reminiscent of early Raf silhouettes.

Yeah I thought so.

Very boxy coats.

I really like this color palette. The coat looks very nice.

Another boxy coat and 'sleeve warmers'.

Another great sweater.

And another.

Zoot suits are in maybe? haha

Big boxy cuts.

Very nice look. Still Very boxy.

Another famous silhouette.

And another.

These pants just look so great.

Man, oh man.

Even more outerwear.

this coat! Ho my god

Very interesting sweater.

The little eyelets on the coat are also featured from 2016 I think.

this is great. I need to start saving to grab a coat, sweater and shirt from this collection ASAP

The cut of the pants yadda yadda yadda.

the quality of this fashion "analysis" is depressing
:(

I like the silver in the tape and pearls that accents this look.

this is Veeky Forumscist

someone put the brand out of its misery

And that's it folks.

What did you think of the show? Did you hate it? Did you like it? What is your favorite part of this show? What is the worst part of the show? What did you think Raf was trying to pursue in this show. What do you think of the 'big, boxy' looks. r8, h8, b8 in here.

Me or websites? I'm just trying to get a discussion in this thread. Not really analyzing much.

I like it. Boxy fits are something ill always like because it's comfier for me since i have broad shoulders. Coats are really nice, sweaters are on point with a cropped cut so it's something i can wear for fall in Canada. Overall i rate it

why does raf like new york so much?

you mean why do the talentless swine who comprise raf's team of dimwitted assistants who do the designing like new york so much? probably because they're urbanite scum who dont know about anything other than their dystopian, metropolis hellscapes.

For me, I am honestly not liking this oversized look Raf and other designers are pursuing. The individual items in this show look very nice but the 'oversizeness' is kind of off putting for me. It's been kinda like this for the past 3 seasons (including this one) though I very much enjoyed ss16.

Why do you say that, pigfuck? What are your thoughts?

random jab but of course

meant to mention you

Some more random pictures from Highnobiety

because it is garbage like everything else hes done in forever, i'd be surprised if raf himself has anything to do with designing these other than deciding on an overall theme, i hope for his sake thats the case.

the oversized sweaters are painfully self conscious, the pants are the same as they've been for last few years, as are the square toed derbies. nonsensical graphic and text slogans are tacked on to remind every one it is raf and to ensure some sales.

put it in le garbage.

Yeah, I can definitely see were you're coming from. I also feel more of his shows are being quite repetitive and raf falling for trends instead of attempting to set them.

hmm?

ss03 anyone?

Will buy

What are all the sponsors on the bottom? Real or ficticous companeis?

Where is adidas x raf aw17?

you literally could have found that out yourself by taking a second to google them

fuck off hypebeast

Definitely some prohibition going on.
I like that.
Wanna be a gansta? nope, be a Mobster.

The pocket on the sweaters I think is a stake in the heart to the fanny pack craze round the chest craze. Or at least a fuck you.

That coat is dope, is the hood from underneath or is it just a sort of gathered collar from the coat?

Im inspired.

wtf
this is absolute garbage

Please explain why. Don't just say something and not explain.

He doesnt like, he doesnt have to explain.

Then his opinion doesn't matter one bit.

great discussion fellas

not really

which seasons are you talking about because I dont see it

ss99

I'll post a few

im not talking about the vest fit im talking about the picture you made the comment about... the suit under the coat

ohhh youre just replying to each comment you make my bad i misunderstood

Oh I see. It's all good friend!

also that silhouette is trash and boring i dont see why that would be a good thing. if he wants cool silhouettes take from aw04 not ss99

I can see why he uses it still. Yes, ss04 had really great silhouettes. Not much people talk about it, always 01-03.

Can this be just general fashion week thread?
Bothers the fuck out of me there is hardly any pictures of the G-Star Research II capsule collection
I want the white parka from the first collection bad

why does he use it?
ss04's highpoint were the trousers and the skull parka, a great but pretty unwearable season for the most part

If you'd like, but I thought there was a fw17 thread. Or was it archived?

Because it's almost like a signature from his shows. He's used it very much. The only thing I'd consider unwearable from aw04 are the one piece suits.

the vest and trousers? has he?
and im talking about ss04
and how on earth are the capes from aw04 wearable? and do you mean the wetsuits?

Oh my mistake. And yes those suits. You didn't like the capes? I liked them, especially the long bomber one.

Yeah, he uses it very often.