This coat looks comfy /af/, what is the proper term for it?

This coat looks comfy /af/, what is the proper term for it?

Also, why isn't it being sold anywhere? It's perfect for winter, when your legs need more layers. It's stylish, too, and I'm not even a fedorafag.

bump

trench

Isn't it just a double-breasted overcoat?

Unless you mean the exact coat, in which case you wouldn't want to go in public wearing a 70 year old coat that belongs in a museum, would you?

it's a german trench coat. also, you have bad taste and are a fedorafag if you get that

fu I want to keep my legs from freezing

You are the fashion-following sheep if you care about taste more than comfort

1) then don't claim it's stylish
2) that's exactly how a fedorafag would respond

not trying to be mean, just provide honest feedback my dude

Don't forget to buy a fitting fedora.

A long overcoat is usually called a greatcoat.

Coats of all kinds started being cut shorter in the 1950s and 60s, when people started riding in cars rather than walking. Same time that hats started going out of fashion. Inconvenience getting in & out of cars determined a lot.

lol just get a duffle or a polocoat or something

w2c lads?

theres still plenty on sale in Germany, usually called
>Wehrmacht Offiziersmantel

stuff to know
>theres a HUGE difference between the leather coat and the felt coat (pro tip: the felt coats are shit)
>some are GREEN(!), some are grey, some are black, some are changed in color with shoe polish
>replicas are almost always bad
>originals that are sold are almost always in very bad shape because the previouis owner doesnt know how to maintain and/or store leather
>most that are sold online are just horrible
>people dont consider them particularily beautiful in most parts of europe, guess why. you might get a punch or 2 thrown at you wearing wehrmacht designs in certain regions.
>if you want to wears them, get your beard in shape and some proper boots that match the style. otherwise it just looks plain cringe

Go for the Kradmantel aesthetics OP

>You are the fashion-following sheep if you care about taste more than comfort
>taste
You don't care about your own taste? I would argue that if you can't find garments that will suit both your taste and your desire for comfort/longevity/quality/philosophy/budget you are simply clueless about shopping. Which is not surprising because most people on this board are.

w2c leather coat without those gaudy buttons

At the thrift store you fucking idiot!
You know the answer! It's the same answer to every question that starts with "w2c" and ends in the wording of some kind of vintage menswear item!

>buying ww2 german army leather coats at the thrift store

You can buy tons of similar coats ("leather coat without those gaudy buttons") at thrift stores.

>similar

I want a german army coat

You won't get one. If you were to find one, the most obvious place would obviously be some German small town thrift/milsurp/antiques store.
Since I doubt you'll go through the effort of combing through all German small town second hand shops your best bet is buying something similar - some other leather coat from the same era, or reproductions.

I daily drive a Navy peacoat from 1944
>100% wool
>slimmer cut back in those days
>mint condition
literally nothing wrong with wearing vintage pieces so long as they're well kept and somewhat versatile.

>I want a german army coat
to tell people they're pleb for not recognizing it's 'authenticity'?
fedora-tier

MAXIMUM CRINGE

My father used to have similar one during his stay in Berlin in 1990.

This.

You have clearly never looked into clothes from back then. Some are incredibly well made and can still be worn today. Some of the fabrics from back then aren't even produced anymore since now we have cheaper ways to achieve similar effects (like waterproofing) with synthetic materials.

What, my dad also owns one of those
probably cuz swiss