Do you guys think nursing is a respectable field

do you guys think nursing is a respectable field

For a male? Eh... Imo not so much.

I mean you'll never go homeless as a nurse but it seems kind of unambitious and setting the bar quite low.

I could never do it, my non existing tits aren't lactating.

Respectable? Absolutely. Gotta work hard and take difficult courses in college, and you make decent pay after school.

Admirable? No. Not much risk involved, and you will always be seen as a bit of a bitch whether that's true or not.

I know guys in the nursing school that are basically chads though so if it's something you really want to do I wouldn't let other people's opinions hold you back- being unhappy but 'respected' is a shit way to waste the one life you are granted.

i dont think any job in america has the capacity to make someone happy every morning

No job anywhere makes someone happy every morning. What matters is how happy you are overall. Ski instructors are fucking happy people, I know a guy who works with explosives in the military who loves his job. They are not immune to having a bad day but on their death bed they'll be able to look back and smile. You'll want the same for yourself.

>for a male
Someone's insecure about their masculinity.

>Someone's insecure about their masculinity.

Nah but working with 95% women and doing things like taking blood, wiping people's asses and stuff is kind of setting the bar low for a testosterone-filled, "grab life by the balls" man.

You know what I mean? You should be trying to fuck the world in the ass and become a Wallstreet high roller instead of cruising buy on $75k/yr for the rest of your life in a rather boring career.

I respect your opinion, but I guess that right there is the difference between you and me. I would consider life well-spent if I could have spent it healing people.

>I would consider life well-spent if I could have spent it healing people.

That's admirable of course but I don't think you're healing very many people as a nurse.

Not trying to say "le be a manly man and go do construction or become a forester" but if you've ever seen what a nurse's day looks like you'd see it's not exciting at all and really quite boring.

The comment about men is because on average, Women gravitate towards the median. There's less women geniuses, but there's also less women retards, they're more average in general - and thus would be better suited at a reasonably comfortably yet unambitious career of Nurse.

Whereas for men, there's A LOT more scientists, doctors and businessmen, but there is also a lot more retarded degenerate drug addicts. It's kind of like a high risk-high reward gender. you're either 90 iq poor-pleb or you're 135 iq big baller.

I'd suggest rethinking your career choice because once you become a registered nurse you don't have much room for progression or switching careers, so make sure you really think it through or give it a week or two of working with an RN or something.

>working with 95% women
Sounds fucking awesome desu. Imagine being surrounded by women who have not previously had any free time and are just waiting to have their pussies smashed. There would literally be no competition. It may not be a extremely high paying career but stick with it long enough and you are a shoe in for head-nurse ($100k/year salary) or nurse anesthetist ($150k/year) or promoted to hospital administrator (some cases over $200k/year) or hospital executive (over $300k/year).

I need to date/marry a nurse.

>Sounds fucking awesome desu. Imagine being surrounded by women who have not previously had any free time and are just waiting to have their pussies smashed

That's only in fucking movies man. You're not going to be "smashing" any pussies.

This. I know an RN who was promoted to executive director at a hopital and makes something retarded like $250k a year. It's possible.

Yep.

>but I am
Kek. Nah I'm not a nurse but I have a thing for nurses. I guess it goes back to that time an asian nurse gave me a spongebath when I had appendicitis. I don't see why this wouldn't be true though. If you are a relatively good looking guy working with women all day...

You and me both.

Thats not too uncommon from what I hear for nurses that are ambitious. Thats even more than some doctors make.

>I don't see why this wouldn't be true though. If you are a relatively good looking guy working with women all day...

Because this doesn't happen in real life. Why do you think they're sexless nuns desperately searching for some cock? They probably have boyfriends.

also having sexual relations with your coworkers in a professional workplace such as a hospital is not only forbidden, but would cause heaps of problems, even if this all were somehow allowed and actually happened.

Seriously it would be great. We'd both have good stable sources of income, we could choose between health insurance and she'd have a caring personality. I could use somebody like that in my life.

>Because this doesn't happen in real life.
Hey stop shitting on my fantasy, bro. It happens. Ok, it maybe doesn't happen hahahaha, but I would like to think it happens sometimes.

>having sexual relations with your coworkers in a professional workplace such as a hospital is not only forbidden
Sounds like any workplace to be honest. People break rules aaaalllll the time duuuuude!

Ya man. I'm totally with you on that one.

ROFL

scientists make 30 an hour when they should be salaried at about 150-200k

as a nurse you will always have a job

for a woman? nurses makes the best wives. it's like women's STEM

you make being someones wife sound like a lousy job.

>implying all nurses arent waiting for Mr. Big to come propose to them and force semen diamonds up their anuses
Nice try Jew, back in the train you go