He doesn't short Janet Yellen's ability to micromanage the economy

>he doesn't short Janet Yellen's ability to micromanage the economy

Have fund with your dollar-e-doos and stocks, I'm stacking real money

Hmmm. Up again

i can see the dollar breaking down out of it's range but no lower than 85
however, i could see then raising rates in june and the dollar then taking off eventually to 120 and maybe more

She's actually macro managing not micro

How do you deal with the fact that precious metals are in an overall decline though?

God I miss Greenspan. Made my first bill by shorting the Maestro.

a what ? how is it declining ? fucking explain this shit.
where did you get this fake fact ?

How retarded are you?

How retarded are you? PM doesnt decline, its a store of value more so than an investment

if they don't decline, then they never incline, right? then explain to me why gold went from 200 to 2000 in ten years? what's the price of gold? 1250? that seems to be a decline from 2000, though, I might want to google that to make sure...

Contrary to what shills will tell you, gold and silver do indeed experience long term declines in price, even adjusting for inflation

slight decline but official inflation rate is constantly hacked to serve the needs of politicians tho so there is that. most likely the decrease is caused by less interest by the public that got convinced pm is the past.

>slight decline

Shill detected

Uh... How about no?

The price of gold is somewhat cyclical.

Price of gold in 2001: $250/oz; price of gold today: $1,290/oz.

I don't know about you but it would take 100 ounces of gold to buy a decent car in 2001; that same 100 ounces today buys you a high-end, S-class Mercedes Benz. That doesn't seem like a slight decline to me.

Want to change the timeline? How about gold at $42/oz in 1972? I think my parents' first home cost $20,000 in 1971. Let's push the time of purchase to 1972 and you have a house that costs 476 oz of gold.

That 476 oz of gold is now worth $614,285 today which would very easily buy the house my parents bought, which was fairly modest. In the same city, I am 100% certain a similar house to what my parents bought in 1971 would not cost more $300,000. If the Federal Reserve were not hell-bent in inflating housing prices, I suspect a comparable house wouldn't sell for more than $180,000.

>gold price 2012: 1800
>gold price now: 1300

Wow what a great fucking store of value

*sigh*

Cyclical.

AAPL on May 30, 2008: $26.96; price on November 21, 2008: $11.80.

The cycles for PMs are quite long and this one started in the early 1970's when Nixon ended the Bretton Woods agreement.

And gold hit $1,920 in 2011.

Yes but I am trying to disprove
I agree that the price is cyclical

Holy shit. I didn't realize you were the person I was replying to in the first place. You're the guy saying that gold and silver experience long-term declines in price. When I brought up 15 year and 44 year periods, you immediately move the goalposts and use a 2012-present time frame.

Give it up. Your initial argument does not hold up. Long term, gold has not experienced a price decline never mind a loss of purchasing power.

There is a cycle for everything. If you buy at the top and liquidate at the bottom, of course you're going to get screwed. But if you use a moving average, gold does a good job of preserving purchasing power; it does an excellent job in an environment of monetary chaos.

Pretty much this. Gold is definitely not to be bought as an investment but if you average out the value over long periods of time it is a decent hedge againt inflation. To be fair though, most commodities are a decent hedge against inflation. If you had bought oil in 1970 instead of gold you would be in a much better position. If you had stuck the same amount in an index fund atound the same time, you would be in a considerably better position.

but it does inflation adjusted.
i don't know why but it's what i see.
but like i said inflation is fuzzy.

>Gold is definitely not to be bought as an investment
but that is the only thing it's good for typical buy low sell high asset it has cyclical price chart pretty dependable.
it's not practical to store your wealth in it and it doesn't really protect you from real inflation.

That's not what AAPL was trading at, it was more like 150 and 70 because it was pre split and dividends.

The cycle for anything can be long or short, you never know. Remember when silver was over 30 several years ago?

no

2008 was the crash, he just looked for the biggest drop in apple's chart. the stock is now 5 times where it was in nov. 2008