How can I stop feeling guilty for making money off of others...

How can I stop feeling guilty for making money off of others? I own 5 Burger Kings and feel bad for the people working there some of them older than me for minimum wage while I make a fairly decent amount doing basically no work. I don't even park in the parking lot so people don't see my car and get jealous or something shit sucks

You're giving them a job. What's wrong with that?

Without you they would be unemployed.

Also I doubt you own five burger kings and post on Veeky Forums

user I make like 45k off of them. I'm not a millionaire

I meant 45k each not total it's a small town and only bought them because of the low initial investment

OK well what do you feel about? You are giving them a job.

Running a franchise is usually very hard and most of them don't generate any profit excpet barely pay a livable salary for the owner. The ones earning is the owner of the brand. That's why I think you're talking poopie.

If you feel bad, then you need to reflect on why you're feeling bad.
Do you feel bad because of some moral obligation?
Do they remind you of your parents/family?

Are they doing excellent work?

If it is the last one, I suggest something like profit sharing with them.
A lot of older blue collar workers really appreciate that. You are treating them as a vital asset, a partner, and an equal. They love that.

seeI don't make a ton mate. I do make more than them though and really only dedicate about 20 hours a week total to this

>You are giving them a job.
Yep, it's a total handout, not like they're, idunno, working. Fuck you, Jew or cuck.

I actually hate this mentality because it isn't really a job.

As a owner, you've agreed to purchase someone's time, lump sum, for a set amount of money for those hours.

You are buying their time. No one is "giving" anyone anything. It is a transaction.

If you feel that guilty just give them a raise?

>jealous
Half of all jealousy lives in the imaginations of people who haven't earned what they have and are desperately trying to project it outwards.

so it takes 4 hours a week to oversea these assets?

can you give us some more info/ are all in one area or did you expand, how much is "not a lot" to you?

>>You are giving them a job.
>Yep, it's a total handout, not like they're, idunno, working. Fuck you, Jew or cuck.

Didn't say it was a handout. I said that it's a mutually beneficial transaction.

They need a job and money to live their lives, and OP needs someone to flip burgers. It's perfectly fair.

No one is forcing them, they can quit.

If he feels bad then why not just give them all your profit then?

Give them all the money you'd have earned and also sell your car and give them the profit from that?

Franschise managers take a cut and do the bulk of the work. I own all of these in a small city in Ontario I made about 230k last year from all the BK's. I know a guy who has 2 Mc Donalds who is making 3 million a year so yeah i'm not making a ton IMO.

>If he feels bad then why not just give them all your profit then?
>Give them all the money you'd have earned and also sell your car and give them the profit from that?

Awww. Come on man. You know what I'm trying to say.

I'm very interested. How did you get into this? What exactly do you need to do every week?

Maybe you should suck their cocks while you're at it too, you know, they did work hard and you're making profit off them

this is why you won't make it

>If you feel that guilty just give them a raise?

You're the one "feeling bad" over owning a business. What the fuck?

If you want to not feel bad then give them your profit, this is so stupid

How do people as dumb as you get to own this many franchises?

capitalism is a bitch

how the fuck did you buy 5 burger kings to beging with?

>No one is forcing them, they can quit.
they can't quit otherwise they die off starvation

They can find another job

Welcome to life

How many employees per unit? Take the $45k/per unit profit, and divide by number of employees. Pay yourself in half used ketchup packets and free bk uniforms. Shower in one of the bathrooms, and sleep on a fluffy bed of whopper buns in the stock room.

That should heal your crippling feelings of success-guilt. If not, you may honestly need to sell your units at a loss and apply for a register job at one of your old stores. Also, suck as many HIV + cocks as you can wrap your lips around. Debt, minwage job, and full blown AIDS will help you feel more sorry for yourself.

kek

This.

Donate all your money to homeless people, suck their cocks and then trade places with them and become homeless while they live in your home and have sex with your wife

You have no interest and are probably running them badly. Cash out now.

why would I do that? after this year I will have made my money back from the initial investment. I plan to expand in the future maybe not BK but a Five Guys and maybe take a chance going outside of this city. I also have rentals that are doing me well so i don't have all my eggs in this but I appreciate you looking out. just because I delegate responsibilities to franchise owners doesn't mean I'm not passionate about this.

>franchise owners
meant managers

also how much do you think franchise's make? 45k is pretty good for a city with less than 300k. considering all of them are making money and are not being foreclosed means i'm doing something right. I suggest looking up the revenue of different franchises I am average. BK is notorious for having low initial investments and not making a lot of money.

You own FIVE burger kings and make just 45k? Sell those things man. They are making terrible returns.

45k each holy fuck learn to read everybody i made the mistake in the original comment and followed it up. 230k net is what i made last year from all 5

Your reward is the profit you're earning off your investment.

You were fortunate enough to be able to invest in the franchises; I guess I'm not sure why you're guilty other than about the unequal pay. If that's your concern, maybe consider blanket raises or profit sharing of some sort (like suggested).

Long term, you have to be willing to live with your investments; you're in a unique position to be able to help these people, so certainly do what you feel is right by them.

You were the one smart enough to make that move. You shouldn't be feeling guilty because you were the one who went out and did that shit. This is the real world.

Don't. It's that simple. You are:
-Providing jobs.
-Selling something that other people voluntarily opt into buying.

Don't feel bad for other people making less. If you feel guilty, set up a local charity or something and run it in conjunction with your franchises.

How much is bk franchise?

50k Fee and startup is 80k - 150k for my city but if you live in a densely populated area it could run you up to 500k.

What sort of profits do you take in? It's cool if you don't want to answer

230k net was my biggest year. averages out to 45k each restaurant. You could do a lot better in a bigger city and with a better franchise like Five Guys or McDonalds. you would just need more money up front which I don't have.

Is that fairly typical? I assume with a franchise they help you succeed?

yeah the name brand helps and it's pretty low risk. I bought these as pre existing BK's but I think if you wanted to build your own, BK does the leg work for figuring out a good spot and you don't get much say as to where it is. 45k is pretty average and maybe even on the low end.

Thanks for the info man

find a managerial position that requires you to work or is a little more respectable like clothing stores

So pay them more.

/thread

Give them a Christmas Bonus..

Or a Winter / Summer Solstice bonus if you want to do it twice a year.

OP if you feel sorry then just hire little highschool brats. they dont deserve anything other than minimum wage anyway.

the only problem will be high turnover and they will steal from you at every chance they get but at least you wont feel bad anymore.

Give an employee a hug and tell him you appreciate him.

Do you enjoy the sound of two pickles rubbing together?

If it literally distresses you, then you need to change your perspective somehow.

But that type of guilt, in moderation, isn't bad at all. It keeps you grounded, keeps you from being a yuppie piece of shit or some old crotchety scrooge.

If you are a single filer, you could take 30-40k of that profit and pay your employees better or use it for sething that would benefit them.

That would put you in a lower tax bracket.

Win win mr crabs

Donate to a charity or start one yourself. There are worse off people in the world than your employees and if you want to, you can help them.

Lets not forget that charity is tax deductible :^)

You could take a small % of your profits and share it with your employees, even if the amount is small, given once in a while an extra 50 or 100 bucks in the check could life the moral and loyalty of your employees even if it's a low end job.

Consider this is a low end job and this kinds of actions don't occur on other low end jobs.

Whats a burger king ownership clear a year after tax?

We don't have one here - not a bad idea for a small biz really.

Wow. I didn't know Burger King franchises were so inexpensive. I know that McDonald's franchises are well over $1MM each and a friend told that even Starbucks franchises are over $1MM each. This is in the U.S.A. so maybe things are just a lot less expensive in Canada.

As others have said, you could pay out more money.

For the younger workers, have some sort of college scholarship fund.

For the older workers who maybe depend on that job for a living, a $1,000 or $2,000 Christmas bonus is nice. I know you're in Canada so maybe it won't matter as much but here in the U.S., some people put off seriously needed medical care because they don't have the money.

For longer time workers, you could also have some sort of education reimbursement plan where you pay for some or all of any additional education they get. With the additional education/training, they could find higher-paying jobs.

Of course, all of this eats into your profits. If you do it right, you might be able to get some positive publicity and increased business to offset the costs. Also, your employees might work better if they don't think they're being taken advantage of.

Don't feel guilty. After reading the comments what do you actually do as the owner of these BKs other than provide the capital?

Get to know your employees. Maybe they have good business ideas, connections, or skill sets that you can use to fatten your wallet while providing them with opportunities. Often this can mean teaching them things they don't know (i.e. marketing/sales) while investing some of your money into them. For instance, maybe one of your workers is going to school for CS and he's a decent hobbyist programmer already...so maybe he needs some seed money for his interesting startup or money to advertise for his web development business.

Eh, I know some Asians (read: Indian) what they do is buy a gas station or Subway with a bank loan, run it for a year or two and then buy a second gasoline station or Subway. They would do this until they owned like 5 Subways, and just chill and make money, cause by that point they only pay the operating cost and rental fees for the real state

i worked at McDs when i was 18 and they had a University Grant for some employees. You had to write an essay on how McDs could be improved and you got £1500. Obviously, it was only for a x number of employees. It was another incentive to stay PT at McDs during University as it was annual.

Be born in another family.

>
>why would I do that? after this year I will have made my money back from the initial investment. I plan to expand in the future maybe not BK but a Five Guys and maybe take a chance going outside of this city. I also have rentals that are doing me well so i don't have all my eggs in this but I appreciate you looking out. just because I delegate responsibilities to franchise owners doesn't mean I'm not passionate about this.
Five guys sucks .. don't do