Why the fuck did this guy became so famous?

Why the fuck did this guy became so famous?

I tried to read his book and only saw a lot of vomited words. Everything is unclear.

He clearly didn't want to explain what he thought, otherwise he would have made something readable.

Sorry for the mistakes in the writing.

Literally 2deep4u

Yeah he seems like a wannabe to me too desu senpai

Oh, explain it for me, please, master.

Wittgenstein is a boring read but it's pretty much the opposite of obscurity. It might be a hard to grasp if you complete lack knowledge of the climate of ideas his books are responding to. You should look into that. If you still don't get it after seeing that than it really is a case of it being over your head.

And what did you learn from him?

>He clearly didn't want to explain what he thought, otherwise he would have made something readable.
The Tractatus is literally self-explanatory

I must be fucking dumb then.

I don't doubt it.

I can't say.

That we have trouble communicating and that we need to carefully consider what we say in order to be understood.

>says people have trouble communicating while failing to pass his message properly

Damn. That's really ironic.

>while failing to pass his message properly
How could he have done that when multiple people ITT got the message?

Understanding is entirely the responsibility of the receiver. It's an unfortunate result of the intentions of the speaker being formal rather than causal.

And people ITT also didn't understand him.
He could have done it better if he was so adamant on his logic.

>Despite this fame, he could not initially work at Cambridge as he did not have a degree, so he applied as an advanced undergraduate. Russell noted that his previous residency was sufficient to fulfill eligibility requirements for a PhD, and urged him to offer the Tractatus as his thesis. It was examined in 1929 by Russell and Moore; at the end of the thesis defence, Wittgenstein clapped the two examiners on the shoulder and said, "Don't worry, I know you'll never understand it."[148]

Even Bertrand Russell and G.E Moore didn't understand it.

He later changed his positions and criticized Tractatus iirc senpai

So because not everyone understands Wittgenstein, he was a total failure?
Why are you blaming him for your own inability to comprehend proposition 7?

And everything else he wrote is even more self-explanatory than the Tractatus.

I never called him a failure.
This argument is making me think he was right, actually.

>This argument is making me think he was right, actually.
Because he was. There's no good reason not to remain silent whereof one cannot speak.