Why do americans dress so casual and sloppy

why do americans dress so casual and sloppy

i mean besides being overweight, everything is just horrible and nothing fits properly.

ive been to france, england, japan, korea, china, and no other county has the same lackadaisical style

Rampant Consumerism

Have you seen their buildings? Their infrastructure? Their cars?

Its all cheap shit made to fall apart so you can buy a nice shiny new one in 10 years (only for it to fall apart quickly)

All the countries you mention are old civilisations who have a tradition of artisan craft and by extension, fashion.

The US does not have that. Many US designers realise this and move to Europe once their career takes off.

>All the countries you mention are old civilisations who have a tradition of artisan craft and by extension, fashion.
Korea and Japan were agrarian backwaters well into the 20th century, whilst France and England have been prominent nations for a mere 400 years - incidentally not much longer than America, with its 250 years of independent governance. Furthermore, the US overtook Europe as the centre for enlightenment ideals and economic prosperity well over one hundred years ago.

Chinks, despite their age-old cultural cornerstones, are more mindless in their consumerist ways than Americans; this is a maoist scourge, no doubt about it.

tl;dr: read a book

also culture of anti-elitism and anti-intellectualism. dressing well = 'pretending to be better'

You have just been to bad areas and or generalizing. I have lived in San Fransisco and Seattle. They are Veeky Forums as fuck. Next time you visit america don't go to a fly over state. Check out new york or something

>SF
>EFFAY
Bitch if you think asians in loubs and offwhite is effay fucking neck yourself

I don't. I am talking about the white people, I only talk about the whites because I am the most effay race

Lol nerd

wew lad

America is one of the most cucked countries in the world.

hi goobas. yes san rfancisco is cucked.

cuz they are double digit iq low tier subhumans

stay mad true ''''white'''' americans

>Korea and Japan were agrarian backwaters well into the 20th century

>Japan
>agrarian backwater well into the 20th century

Japan began industrializing in the mid 1800s. By 1905 it had defeated a European power in war, by WWI Japan was unquestionably a major world power.

tl;dr YOU read a fucking book, you galactic dipshit.

(not the same guy you were responding to by the way).

Basically the entire Anglosphere looks like shit. Canadians are Americans with socialized medocine. Aussies are unfashionable cunts but they do live in constant 30s temps.

And of course Russia and the eastern bloc is very unfashionable.

SFag here, you have no idea what you're talking about. Seattle is 10x better than the shit here. Every man in public is right now, without fail, wearing ill-fitting light blue dreams that are pooling around their gaudy Asics running shoes. Above the waist, a loud "funny" graphic tee and a patagonia jacket

It's a nightmare, it's so rare to see someone who looks like they gave a shit about what they put on without copying streetwear.

Whoops, meant for

I wouldn't say Seattle is that much better than SF. Tons of 'my hobby is hiking' types and tech workers with company logos across their chest

Seattle isn't great, but I was exaggerating to show my hatred for the attitude around clothing here

Guys are all either
-LOL I don't care what I wear as long as it's comfy :) that's a cool attitude right?
-Streetwear interests me
-Hispanic-construction-worker-on-his-off-day-core
-I'm a crustpunk 20-something runaway who spends my days yelling at my pitbull on Haight St

And the girls are either
-Tumblr interests me
-twinning-with-my-girlfriends-core
-sweat pants and tank top

this..also they have contributed nothing great to fashion industry

Wisconsin checking in.

Girls:
Northface, yoga pants, Uggs (still).

Guys:
ball cap, flannel shirt or hoodie with a crew neck underneath (often Badgers or Packers swag), boot cut jeans, (unfashionable) sneakers or work boots.

w.e. nerd

Nerds tend to know their shit, unlike that guy.

So why do they dress like shit?

w.e. nerd

Cause we wearing normal clothes, you asians look like little girls with your skinny jeans and shirts.

Choose the 1 fucking photo of an American (ASSUMING here) where the shoes are not 1 million disgusting busy colors and the shoe-pant interaction isn't enough to make you vomit. I promise you I can go out on the street here in Austin and take 100 consecutive photos of males, EVERY LAST SINGLE ONE 100/100 just the pant-shoe interaction will be enough to dismiss their entire wardrobe and the possibility that they have any iota of fashion sense whatsoever.

Are you actually retarded? Japan industrialised in the 19th century. France has been a prominent nation since fucking Charlemagne. England has been a prominent nation since the Hundred Years War.

Look at the date of the post and the replies Jesus. Everybody knows that post is fucking ridiculous.

>Austin

Of course people dress weird there it's fucking Austin. It's like a slice of California in the middle of Texas, just a bunch of dirty hippies.