Why Thread;

Why are these certain boots becoming very popular? I see friends in Chicago and Cincinnati wearing them and it's recently been growing here in California. would anybody have any guess's?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/10/llbean-duck-boot-labor-shoes-maine/410863/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just 'cuz. They're kinda unique looking so they're perfect because everyone is about looking unique. This is why fashion that looked tacky in the past is cool in the future. Give it 5-10 years and this shit will be cool

I know many people who have LL Bean boots because of the warranty that comes with them. That's appealing to a lot of people, I guess.

Where have you been?

They've been huge for the past two winters. Continually selling out.

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/10/llbean-duck-boot-labor-shoes-maine/410863/

(this article is from 2015)

shameless self bump

OP here
I guess iv just never really seen them when I used to live in Seattle.
I'd see that happening with the top and jewelry, but I sort of doubt it with the pants..

It could be that they've filtered west while being big in the East/South for over two years.

>made in the US
>Utilitarian
>well made
>durable
>associated with upper class historically and epitome of winter time prep-wear.

And I personally think they look great. I love my Bean boots.

this

i live in seattle and i'd hardly ever seen them before this year, but like last october every other white girl on my college campus went and ordered a pair on amazon. the other half wear those awful rubber chelsea boots

This as well.

>Where have you been?
>They've been huge for the past two winters.
they've been huge in internet fashion for like six years
they've been a staple in the northeast for decades

>they've been a staple in the northeast for decades
>they've been huge in internet fashion for like six years
Well, of course I knew the first, but the second is new to me. Still, neither of those groups were causing L.L. Bean to consistently run out of supply each winter like they've been doing for the past 2 years.

New England Prep here
>literally everyone in New England owns a pair
>literally anyone in the """preppy""" southern places own some
I've seen them all over the country too because of what said. Plus they're genuinely fantastic boots that just get better with age.

They seem like less autistic timbs. At this rate, before we know it Eddie Bauer is gonna be hype

Plantation prepcore when?

are you retarded? if it's not people in the northeast or girls on the internet, then who is it?? also just curious why did you switch the order of that guy's two lines when you knew you were going to refer to them as "first" and "second"? seems unnecessarily confusing

They started becoming popular a couple years a go when every young preppy kid started wearing them and I guess it started snowing

I picked up a pair 3 years ago and they're pretty good snow boots and have a life time warrenty, they're just really hard to buy because they're always sold out

*growing but with the internet thing it was every preppy blog on tumblr who owned them
every person in the north east owns them it's insane

>why are docs becoming popular?
>why are one stars becoming popular?
>why are Levi's becoming popular?

You're asking why a generic model that precedes the 105 year old company that makes them is becoming popular?

Senpai, it's been popular for more than 4 generations...

im convinced that bean boots are a mass conspiracy against me

they are unbelievably ugly yet i see everyone wearing them

new meme shoe, these are everywhere at UVA
basic bitches, frat boys, preps, they are the winter equivalent of sperry's

They seem to be genuinely well-made, but every basic college-aged fashion victim buys a pair because they want to fit in and don't know how to dress themselves

ngl I might wear them if they weren't so popular, I think a really old beat up pair would look cool, but seeing all these mindless whores and frat boys wearing their new pairs of LL BeanĀ® Boots! makes me want to throw up

>becoming popular
Yeah crazy, same thing has been happening with Converse. What's up with that?

Chuck 2's / Sage Sessler

L.L.Bean has literally been popular for a century... Are you sure it might not simply be that you hadn't really been paying attention earlier?

first I want you to tell me in your own words what you think a plantation is

Then you can get some SorelĀ® Boots if it makes you feel better. pic related

uuuurrggh im actually barfing irl

it only costs 500 dollars its a steal