/utg/ - Urban Techwear General

>What is Urban Techwear
We wear clothes to be comfortable, to cover up our shame, and more importantly for our protection. Technical clothing, focuses on incorporating functionality using textiles and construction techniques to protect the user from their environment.

>Guide to Urban Techwear *Under Construction*
New Update! Please help expand this guide by participating:
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Discord
discord.gg/YgYhwhK

Other urls found in this thread:

dsptch.com/products/tech-messenger-black
ortliebusa.com/product/courier-bag-city/
chromeindustries.com/product/mini-buran-messenger-bag/BG-175.html
rohan.co.uk/eagle-creek-luggage-and-travel-accessories-Eagle-Creek-Pro-Guide-Courier-RFID?ocode=04145595
aerostich.com/aerostich-courier-bag.html
patagonia.com/product/atom-sling-bag-8-liters/48260.html?dwvar_48260_color=BLK&cgid=luggage-messenger-bags#tile-6=&start=1&sz=24
patagonia.com/product/fly-fishing-atom-sling-pack-15-liters/48326.html?dwvar_48326_color=LBOG&cgid=luggage-messenger-bags#tile-3=&start=1&sz=24
deadstock.ca/collections/arcteryx/products/arcteryx-beta-sl-exclusively-for-livestock-patchwork
youtube.com/watch?v=cr08EIfnALE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

now THIS is techwear
- small form factor for quick evasion
- no hair to leave evidence when lurking
- earrings make a quick improptu weapon
- non-descript features for max grey man potential

Do people actually use the jacket sling?

Personally I can't be bothered to put it on with the jacket 90% of the time. Does look p cool though

>no chin

I'm so sorry

I just got my ACG jacket today

not sure what the use is supposed to be, but the writing is just like my chinese cartoon books so i like it

>the writing is just like my chinese cartoon books

?

w2c dope bags like in picture, preferably all black

dsptch.com/products/tech-messenger-black

ortliebusa.com/product/courier-bag-city/

chromeindustries.com/product/mini-buran-messenger-bag/BG-175.html

rohan.co.uk/eagle-creek-luggage-and-travel-accessories-Eagle-Creek-Pro-Guide-Courier-RFID?ocode=04145595

aerostich.com/aerostich-courier-bag.html

patagonia.com/product/atom-sling-bag-8-liters/48260.html?dwvar_48260_color=BLK&cgid=luggage-messenger-bags#tile-6=&start=1&sz=24

patagonia.com/product/fly-fishing-atom-sling-pack-15-liters/48326.html?dwvar_48326_color=LBOG&cgid=luggage-messenger-bags#tile-3=&start=1&sz=24

I would also add porter and acronym to that list

I like the KAWS shirt, but I hardly use my jacket slings. I'm not inside for too long that I need to take off my jacket.

he looks so happy

:')

Can anyone recommend any non-black non-acg cargos? (already have too much ACG crap)

Also what does Veeky Forums think of incorporating some military surplus into the fits?

Military surplus is a good cheap way to get some water resistant clothing, it's all good to incorporate. Check out Outliers new pants or some cargo pants in Triple Aught Design.

what bag is that? anyone know

Why is gore-tex so expensive?

Because you get what you pay for, the best water repellent technology you can get into clothing. It's made a name for itself even outside the techwear community

Yes, I do when I'm taking the Tube in London because it's too damn hot in the trains.

this

You can get Gore Winstopper or Gore-Tex Pac Lite which are a bit cheaper.

I have a full gore-tex set up for my snowboard gear. One day it was nonstop/slush raining and everyone in my group was drenched and off the mountain by 12pm. I stayed on the whole day and was completely dry (except for gloves).

It's 100% worth it and not a meme.

Meanswhile

Everyone knows Gore-Tex

It's a reliable textile.

just got these off asos w/ student discount

gonna take off autist patches and plan to taper them down to 6"

what you guys think?

opinions on these?

Looks pretty good, great start for the aesthetic
It's OK.

I have these in all black leather, kind of regret not getting white, but they're great trail runners and keep my feet dry and warm. Nice and light.

Are the canvas version either waterresistant, or waterproof?

I doubt they are, but I'm sure a gloss over in DWR or mink oil (if black) would help.

Someone talked about making the Nike Bonded Pants Even darker than it is. Do anyone of you have any experience with this?

I've realized pulling off a good techwear fit means there is a lot of things going on with your jacket, bag strap, pants.

This is really what makes or breaks it, how many pockets, dangling straps, and cargo pouches you can fit in. Plain pants and outershells with minimal pockets don't really pull off the 'look'.

IDK something I have noticed.

What shorts/pants are these

Was this taken in SF Kotokuniya on the bottom floor?

no clue for both, just dumping some inspo :(

what pants are these

mirin, not too big on the shoes tho

nvm

P23Ts

Not so much, that's mainly just for the ninja thing that the Instagram people go for

Nice jacket! I like that is not black or tan. Is colorful tech wear possible without having an "outdoors" look?

Yes. Try the discord

All black can be a bit of a meme at times, so yes

lel this sucks dick

>not a single mention of porter

Pleb af

Theo-fits look better without Theo in them

Any pants recs?

I'm looking at some Y-3s for a outfit but it doesn't have many pockets and neither does my jacket so I'm reluctant to pair them together.

Maharishi is a look I'm into. Besides storage I'd need wind or cold resistance.

Outlier for basics
Triple Aught Design, Arc'Teryx Leaf, Acronym, Beyond and even Maharishi for some utility.
Choose your favorite sports brand for something athletic.

Thanks.

Yes look at stone island

Unfortunately I suffer the opposite, guess it's the angle or w/e

(first pic I found from the side, ignore the facial expression)

Thanks - was a really good collection imo. Wish I'd picked up more pieces. But yeah pretty much the same on the sling front

That's fair, perfect use for it imo

Oh shit, I take it back, nice chin

looooooool

Guys I'm thinking of picking up these for my tech fits. They are waterproof AND breathable. what you thinkin senpai

Vince Vaughn approves

Vince Vaughn is perfection and one of the gods of techwear. His small yet built frame is ideal for urban exploration, Vaughn regularly conquers large and vast city scapes in his godlike tech fits. Vaughn is trained in parkour and free running, which is essential for his deep urban exploration. His IDEAL size lets him slip through small spaces are escape security when then attempt to catch him. Vaughn has worked with many leaders of the techwear industry to create pieces to fit his perfect body, this includes the worlds only XXXS J1-A and size 2 yeezies hand stitched by tech connoisseur Kanye West himself. Vaughn is rumored to be working with hugh currently on a signiture XXXS small range, this will encourage fans of techwear to undergo surgery to achieve the perfect body.

Vince Vaughn confirmed for next 1kdeaths

Can I get a quick rundown?

V I N C E V A U G H N

ty

Is photography the most techwear relevant hobby?

parkour, photography, black hat hacking/cracking, urbex, martial arts

They look like those Bionicle shoes Nike made in 2003

I guess, but there is no longer any skill in photography, its kind of like streetwear fashion.

It's just expensive lenses and a grasp of the rule of thirds. Pretty lame.

Spoken like a true bad photographer

You have a very narrow perspective of techwear.

You need to lurk more.

Looking at most of the inspiration posted in these threads he is not far off, most people who like techwear couldnt tell you anything outside of brands like acronym and gg

Lmao did you seriously take time to do this

Thoughts on this Arcteryx?

Meh, its pretty obvious 90% of digital photography now days is manlet asians buying expensive lenses and using le cool acronym strappy's to be a tacticool photographer.

Anyone know if a size Medium in Cav Empt pants fits like a Medium in Nike or any US brand? Where M=32"

The ad says they're like a 31-32" want to make sure before I pay for shipping from Asia.

Trying to teach myself some photoshop stuff atm, so yeah

Poncho!

>Maharishi

tfw want to buy their stuff, but their name is too fucking weird

w2c

So? Does that mean they're good photographers?

r u literally retarded or just pretending

Its ugly as fck.
I can see it in a snowboard pipe thing. By a 12 yo snowboarder. The mother baught it to him. Its "Everest" new cool snowboard collection

deadstock.ca/collections/arcteryx/products/arcteryx-beta-sl-exclusively-for-livestock-patchwork

>FEED ME

Just recently saw how William Gibson hangs out with Errolson and crew

Blew my fucking mind. Shouldn't be surprised that the author of the seminal work of cyberpunk fiction would gravitate towards this stuff but there's probably nobody else that's in their sixties fucking with techwear like he is

both

This is a stupid question but is all of the Y-3 stuff from the SS17 show youtube.com/watch?v=cr08EIfnALE available to buy?
Looking through their online store it looks really sparse.

guys is nemen on its own?
i know they dont make goretex like waterproof stuff, but how about nylon multi pocket smock? its windproof right?

Now that the dust has settled, what's the verdict on these? Should i cop a pair? Better or worse than Qasas?

i like them

and i have enjoyed watching all the bulk buyers drop their prices from 500 to somewhere around 225...might pick up a pair when its under 170

You are stupid and don't deserve clothes

Gibson dressed better when he was fucking with massimo osti's clothes

Worth it to size up? I heard they fit really tight

yeah compared to my other nikes i'd go a .5 up

well no shit osti was better than this island chink

alright goys i look like im in a RWDS right now

how do I scale back the military look? more hype beast shit?

Nah, just don't go for camo and limit you colour palette

No.

I have these gloves in olive! amazed to see my autism winter gloves on fa

>Looking at most of the inspiration posted in these threads he is not far off,...

You got me there. That's mainly why I don't usually post or even lurk in these anymore.