So this Uber is apparently going to be the next big IPO valued at like 60 billion or so. Lets talk honestly here...

So this Uber is apparently going to be the next big IPO valued at like 60 billion or so. Lets talk honestly here. When Uber launched it was pretty much illegal in most cities, it is starting to be legalized but it seems like a shady organization in my opinion and I have no idea how it got so big since it was illegal in the first place. If Uber becomes legal then why not the equivalent of uber for a drug sharing service? or how about a prostitute sharing service? I think future investors are going to get screwed once people wake up. This is all my opinion.

Other urls found in this thread:

moneymorning.com/2015/12/04/uber-ipo-price-will-climb-following-new-62-5-billion-valuation/
zacks.com/stock/news/214631/will-uber-be-the-hottest-ipo-of-2016
uk.businessinsider.com/uber-ceo-wants-to-delay-ipo-for-as-late-as-possible-2016-3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most countries it runs in have no concerns of outlawing it.

didn't the ceo said its unlikely they will go public ?

beside UBER isn't a tech company or a product company so 60 fucking billion is INSANELY over priced

that said the price will Hike as soon they launch if they go public then tank after few weeks if not days

They are going to have a lot of liability if they continue going forward. They have lawsuits from rape victims, taxi organization and government organizations.

Uber stinks of failure, a complete scam and the IPO will leaved you fucked just like Facebook's. There is a reason taxis were regulated so hard in the first place, and the only reason Uber exists is to skirt those regulations.

Within a few years, people will remember how excellent those regulations made the experience of riding in a real cab and how terrible the experience is of riding in a stinking (of Axe body spray) shitmobile with some filthy Indian who is making less than min. wage and is also going to rape you.

Already drivers are giving up on Uber because they can't make a profit. Soon the only drivers will be foul-smelling and Indian, with unmaintained deathtrap cars that they can't afford to upkeep. You would have to be seriously braindead to think Uber (and the """app economy""" in general) has a lifespan over five years. This is simply a bunch of out-of-touch morons scamming even dumber morons out of VC money because "omg lol apps are the future desu senpai baka".

>UBER
Here is a 62.5 valuation from december 2015.
moneymorning.com/2015/12/04/uber-ipo-price-will-climb-following-new-62-5-billion-valuation/

Actually a more current ipo valuation is 51 billion.

zacks.com/stock/news/214631/will-uber-be-the-hottest-ipo-of-2016

I understand your arguments, I hope it sticks around though, some journeys across London are literally half the taxi price with uber.

>3 months old link

here is something more recent

uk.businessinsider.com/uber-ceo-wants-to-delay-ipo-for-as-late-as-possible-2016-3

Well facebook dropped but then regained its value. While facebook has shit ton of user data, I don't feel it is as bad as uber.

>t. taxi union rep

Money greases wheels. They're making so much paying drivers peanuts they have a ton to fight it

"Real cabs" are driven by shitskins who literally murder people with their poor driving

I'd trust uber more

>how excellent those regulations made the experience of riding in a real cab
Uber and Lyft are both way better than 'a real cab experience' in every way.

It will only stick around as a ride-booking service for real taxi companies, at least in countries where rape and dangerous driving are frowned upon. That is all Uber essentially is: a way to book a taxi. They can't pay the drivers enough to make it a viable business model, and being trapped in a decomposing car with a desperately poor, resentful Indian when you're black out drunk is going to make people remember why it was so important to regulate taxi drivers and their cars very shortly.

It is so painfully obvious that Uber was simply a reminder to taxi companies that they should be less lazy and cocky and introduce stuff like pre-paid apps and reasonable fares. Anybody who thought being an Uber driver would be attractive to those with even a basic level of competency is delusional. Uber is worthless if it isn't substantially cheaper than a taxi, but with low prices come stinking Indians, no car-maintenance, and either a car crash or an alley rape.

If a business is essentially just an app, it is a failed business. An app makes delivering a product or service easier, it is not a product or service in itself. And terrible wages with no job security will ONLY attract the most incompetent of rape-happy immigrants, whether they are getting their jobs via an app or not. Did we learn nothing from Fiverr's complete failure?

Also, even worse than being an app-based "business" Uber is a business designed around skirting municipal regulations. What happens when those regulations change? What a total failure of a company. People will call it the most embarrassing pile of shit to ooze out of the "omg mobile apps are the future" bubble.

uber is successful because deep down everyone is a little "racist". People don't want to ride in a cab with an indian/muslim who can't speak english or communicate well. Uber is successful because it uses lower fees but also because a majority are white and well spoken. Because of this uber will still be widely used even if the prices are raised

I'm starting to like Lyft a lot more. Plus they pay more to the drivers. There's still a lot of promotions like 50% off weekdays during business hours. No more Uber for me.

That's nothing to do with uber, that's cos Addison Lee has a monopoly on london

"the real cab experience"
You mean having to call a place, wait 30 minutes for the person to come, try to explain where you want to go, them not talking in a language that is your own, then hoping you get there all while sitting in a smoke stinking cab.

No thanks.

I agree in theory but you just described the entire economy, raping shitskins everywhere because nobody wants to pay white people wages.

you are shit out of luck as taxi drivers will use uber too if it's more competitive.

>nobody wants to pay white people wages
kek this is hilarious to an extent we fought so hard to make those wages then suddenly they just jump to pajeet and we get nothing.

this is why government shouldn't get involved in the market. let employers and employees negotiate their own terms, and the market will find an equilibrium

its illegal cause they dont have to follow taxi rules set by the govt. only need a taxi license plate.

i wouldnt want to be driven home drunk by a black man with a gun in his ripped jeans uber car

You sound angry, afraid of technology old man?

In my country taxi drivers are (and have always been) the ones with a reputation of foul smelling, foul talking, foul driving, scamming and even raping.

LOl

HAHA EQUILIBRUM

lol it's so obvious that you've never used uber or looked into it past what you probably hear other taxi drivers say. Literally everything you're saying is wrong