Why do you hate streetwear?

why do you hate streetwear?

HARD MODE: no buzzwords

Supreme, Yeezy, Bape is all in their buylist only
look at the reddit subs

I like Cav Empt

People save up their money to buy bape hoodies like nigga wtf lmao

cheap poorly designed and made clothes created with the sole intention of grabbing attention through surface level design elements such as branding and graphics and selling based product on appearance in photos and on phone/computer screens
There is no attention paid to fabric quality, craftsmanship, tailoring, volume etc in the designs because these things are unnecessary when your consumer base only judges the value of a garment by how it will make them appear in on their instagram/snapchat
It is merely a surface level instant gratification type attraction customers have to this type of clothing and as such the novelty wears off quickly, resulting in items that go out of fashion very quickly and are not meant to last
last but not least, the clothes are distasteful and fucking ugly as sin and the culture that goes along with it is cancerous

I went to an all black high school
Streetwear isn't fashion to me, Its the standard

This is exactly how I feel about it too

i hate people who use the word streetwear as if it is actually a specific thing, eg "is this streetwear??" "i got my brother into streetwear"

This is so false it's not even funny. Streetwear isn't just the generic well known brands. So if you're going to say all that shit then atleast look past supreme bape palace and the rest of the crap in their category.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with streetwear itself but more to do with the people who make up it's demographic and the lack of originality, it's typically based on copy and pasting trends, hype, gaudyness and who can flex the hardest.

The reason most streetwear looks like shit is because the majority of streetwear wearers dress like shit not try to experiment outside of the generic standard outfits. For example /r/streetwear has nice posts sometimes but that's only when it's not a generic copy and paste hypebeast garbage but even then it's still rare to have people post something good on there but the same goes for here.

In terms of quality, there's a lot of brands that have good quality but they're either lesser known or bought mainly for their flashier pieces.

ITT: I do not understand the difference between streetwear and "hypebeast" clothing.

This poster right here gets it.

any good fits you saved over there?

you are literally just repeating what I said, in that people are just copy pasting and flexing

I said that causes a lack of substantial design because the consumers only care about shit like flexing and trends and shit and not anything like quality or tailoring, it's all just image oriented, ie how can I attain maximum visual impact with my clothes for flexing and Instagram likes and to show off to all my friend etc

90% of streetwear brands are literally just graphics printed on shitty gildian tier base clothing, yeah there might be an exception or two, but we're talking about the majority here

Streetwear is fine. Streetwear brands and the kind of folk they attract? Not so much.

I unironically like versace.

It looks fine if you only have one piece in your fit.

>For example /r/streetwear has nice posts sometimes
Why don't you just stay over there. you wont find any "nice"posts here.

It's the consumer base, and sifting through the crap to find the good. There's lots of trash but there's quality to be found too. Supreme bogos are made of Canadian fleece- now I'm not saying it's god tier or that you should by supreme for that, but I am saying is that streetwear does have quality clothes.
Honestly I don't know what you twinks mean when you say or think "streetwear isn't quality" like bruh what are you doing in clothes? Do you expect your high fashun clothes to be indestructible and anything less is like wearing a paper bag? I don't think quality is a good argument for anti streetwear people as you should be taking good care of your clothes and they should each last about as long as each other. Now, there are high profile offenders in Streetwear- ASSClub, Vlone, Off White and Pyrex, but you're ignoring Supreme, Palace, 10 deep and Bape (Le Japan craftsmanship) etc and pigeonholing them as all garbage. Honestly, as someone who gets on Hypebeast frequently, reading the comments, most of them know that over half of what gets published is trash- over half hate Kanye, too. The faggots wearing streetwear are imitating what they see as cool- we're all guilty of this, even the high fashion people here.

Undercover and Julius are my favorite brands. Do they count as streetwear?

Undercover yeah

I don't see it on a cringy r/streetwear teenagers though.

Pretty much. Too many people mix it up and think they know it all.

Not really, I did argue against your point though I do agree we have similar views in the sense of the hypebeast culture however, i feel as if you're generalizing it too much most of the gildan crap is noobs trying to start up and make money off the sheep. Though I do agree, you make very good points.

I check there sometimes to find more fit pics because on here the waywt is shit and usually full of trolls and there isn't much talk about anything really but Veeky Forums is still fun and where I started. /r/Streetwear/ is shit usually but now and then it's useful and the amount of inspo albums thrown out are great too since quite often they're fresh pics and not all too cringy "muh layer".

Haven't saved many but I like this a lot seems simple and maybe some here will hate it but I like how the coat stands out a lot and its an overall clean fit imo.

whats wrong with Bape

I don't hate it. My "default" dress would probably be described as "streetwear," but I feel any kind of casual dress gets lumped into that. If we're talking about """""""""streetwear""""""""" it's terrible because it's overpriced, generic garbage. You're paying for the branding, and that's stupid. I roll my eyes at any dork decked out in Supreme.

this

streetwear = fashion without the intention of being formal wear, workwear or avant garde. It can be anything from adidas track pants to saint laurent

this

this

this

although I think it's probably a generalization to say that all of the clothes are ugly as sin

Too bad that post is mostly a work of fiction.

Streetwear is the iron maiden tshirt of the fashion industry
You want to show everyone around you that you are into fashion but at the same time dont want to exclude yourself from the normie crowd

>/r/streetwear
Turbolol

The fact that you consider this is one of the "good" fits of r/streetwear proves how shitty this place is

That is average Veeky Forums WAYWT tier, and we all know what a disgrace this WAYWT is on average

This is not average waywt. The waywt is always shit here and no reddit isn't better. But its full on autism here