Why do asian exchange students dress so tryhard and gaudy?

Why do asian exchange students dress so tryhard and gaudy?

Pic very related

It is a point of pride amongst a lot of them to have expensive items, and they want people to know they spent money so subtlety isn't an issue

this
though I see it far more with arab exchange students, I think its because they don't want to be seen as a dirty bomb builder and they over compensate to the point of looking ridiculous

Indulgence in "cool American excess" in a way that allows them to nevertheless keep among themselves: participation in their vision of the west while in the west without engaging in the west.

>participation in their vision of the west while in the west without engaging in the west.
this

it's weird because they pull it off so well. i couldn't imagine anyone else dressing that way and looking good.

Holy fuck my state school is pouring with shoes like this, what the fuck

rigondeaux

when I was in high school there were a ton of rich gooks. I convinced them I had a Vetements plug and sold them fake vetements at real prices. I made about 8k

>Implying they pull it off well

Calm down, no they don't. Shit looks retarded on no matter who wears it. You probably have yellow fever too.

Cx

nice

You get this from Arab and Asian countries, sometimes russians because they come from traditionally poor countries. Only in the last 20 years or so have these populations have money, and they are using it to compensate for their heritage that is lacking in affluence. Notice how rich europeans dress very understated and cool, this is because these families have had rich for hundreds of years and dont feel any need to show off.

This is the right idea.

Chinese students have parents who pour money into their accounts as a way to show off how rich the family is. The kids are tools and they know this. Eventually, when the grow old, they will get into whatever family business, give up all the flashy clothes, and do the same thing to their own kids.

Also, consider that it's a form of affection from parents to kids. The parents devote their entire waking lives to work, and therefor spend very little time with these kids. They hire nannies and send them off to affluent schools and pay their room and board. The money is a sad way of telling them they love them.

>The money is a sad way of telling them they love them.
:( yea that puts it into perspective

wow i feel sad now

I think it's more like all the shit in the US is cheaper than it is in China, so less wealthy kids in China can now suddenly afford a lot of expensive shit when daddy sends them here for uni.

I know a kid who bought an Aventador because "they're so cheap here"

L O N D O N

I wonder if someone would just go on the internet and tell lies

>why are asian students so tryhard
>spends all day on a fashion board spending the little money he has on trendy clothes

Yeah that's a big no. They look gaudy AF with moschino, Versace, hba and Marcelo burlon layered on top of each other

as seen on Border Security kek