Is brutalism effay ?

is brutalism effay ?

No, especially not when it's used to build subsidised flats like in OP.

Those clearly aren't flats.

That's a government building

yep. post more

Yes, especially when overrun with natural elements like moss and ivy

>subsidised flats

Why even would you think that.

>subsidised
What, do you think they were built for free?

that would be a dope circle driveway. all open like that with a little water element in the middle.

>rick owens design style is considered (in part) brutalism

Only if the water was actually blood. Or concrete.

I'm not that edgy, water would be fine.

I don't get what you guys see in this stuff. I know nothing about architecture so maybe I'm just not cultured enough. It looks very depressing, cold, uninviting and sad.

what draws you to brutalist architecture?

Anything is better than the soul less modern shit we have today. Why dress well when when your ambient is bland at best and downright ugly otherwise?

Honestly the name sums it up pretty well. It's brutal, unrelenting, angular, like it's attacking the environment around it

>It looks very depressing, cold, uninviting and sad.
That is my target aesthetic.

Seriously, I am so fucking sick on minimalist modern architecture

Matter of fact, I'm sick of minimalism everywhere except music

Isn't brutalism pretty modern and minimalistic?

Are you anons happy people? :o) or sad people? :o(

Oh shit I used to walk by this constantly and wish I could play on it when I was a kid

Now it's all drained

Bipolar so pick one
It's similar but it isn't as timid and sterile and harmless as modern minimalism. It's destructive and loud and scary. It's a good change of pace

I'm pretty fucking happy all of the time. Aesthetic isn't necessarily reflective of emotion.

Are there any examples of brutalist single amily homes? Or are they all commercial buildings or apartment buildings?

>Aesthetic isn't necessarily reflective of emotion.
user pls

Welcome in Bobigny, France
>This is actually the building where I work
>mfw

Generally speaking, brutalism is more popular with large commercial/government buildings. But yes, there are brutalist private homes, just not many.

Well at least not in this case it isn't.
I'm a stable, happy person, and this surely isn't stable, happy architecture.

>You will never be part of the urban scene in an full brutalist like metropoly

And to think the chinese are making a 1:1 copy of manhattan when they could have brought together the crazyest architecs and engineers and make an archtectural wet dream, instead they decide to be retarded copycats.

Nice digits. Seems like all they build for homes in my area anymore are ultra modern white boxes

Where is this?

would this be considered brutalist?

Downtown/Financial District San Francisco

Definitely not

>so worried about muh agenda I don't even realize they aren't flats

it's the architectural equivalent of post-punk
and post-punk is pretty cool

How about real North Korea?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
no

More like neoclassicism.

no that's an overhyped dumpy gaybar

Another side of the building.

this housing complex on the outskirts of Naples looks pretty brutalist to me

I think Brutalism can look good when juxtaposed with nature (i.e. having a building by itself in the middle of the woods.)
Otherwise, I'm not a fan. I have to walk by pic related every day and I think it looks awful.

is that a housing project? looks like it should be in a third world country (oh wait, you said Naples)

what would this building be considered? I imagine likely not brutalist, but that staggered level look and the windows kinda reminds me of some of this.