Who's /made a killing on gold so far this year/ here?

Who's /made a killing on gold so far this year/ here?

My portfolio is up 15% because of gold, thinking of cashing in soon, but i could see it continue to surge for a while

me but it's not as good as i bought gold a few years ago if i divide it by years i get laughable profits. 4% a year maybe.

i'm gonna wait with the sell till it's up 10% a year at least.

i got 5 ounces while it was at $1200, after the gold crash of 2014

now that its hovering around 1280, im thinking of cashing out... I would have made more money on stocks and REITs if i invested the same amount of gold back in the day.

Would have made around $1000 by now, after 2 years growth.. Gold just made me $400

Im starting to doubt gold.. Its a dead investment.. More of a store of value, than anything.

I'd still speculate on gold tho, just for fun.. its a good addition to any portfolio

I meant gold crash of april 2013

Cash out most of it now you edgy faggot. Gold and Silver could be faking out the bulls right now.

You can always re-enter (electronically) at a later date if you need to.

Gold is NOT a dead investment. Neither is Silver.

BUT

It's more likely to continue its decline into full-blown despair before it takes off again. That day is nearing, but it may not quite be yet.

>selling your gold right before everything goes to shit

Fiat will die in the next few years. This """recovery""" we've had from the last recession is just life support. Nothing has recovered. Most jobs recouped are just wage-slave bullshit. Nothing was really remedied. The same problems are still there, worse than before.

This means the next recession may well be a depression, and even if gold and silver do drop off before then (which they could), you'd best just hang on to what you have.

For over 100 years we've been paying for today with tomorrows money. Generation after generation after generation. This is an economic potential energy building for decades, and it will be released in an economic kinetic energy with the death of paper money.

Do you think Obama and Yellen have been meeting so often lately because everything is fine and fuckin dandy?

>Fiat will die in the next few years.
i don't think so
>This """recovery""" we've had from the last recession is just life support. Nothing has recovered.
i'm with you there tho. but with a different outcome in mind.
i think hyperinflation so far never meant the death of the paper money just the birth of a new currency and maybe a different monetary system.
there is no reason we ever return to a gold standard as a civilization. no reason to adopt crypto either.

frankly silver looks under-priced at the moment from every angle.
that doesn't mean it can't go down. if the past few years taught us anything the speculators can achieve the impossible not only short term but mid term too.

>Fiat will die in the next few years.

Goldbugs have been saying this for decades my friend.

Can you provide a reason why other than LOL YELLEN AND OBAMA

i think it's not fiat money that's the problem it's fractional reserve banking that amplifies the central banks harmful tinkering with the economies.

recessions are not evil but necessary until people get their heads around this simple idea nothing will change.

Sure but pretty much every country uses a fractional reserve bank

I believe that stocks are a better store of value than gold, primarily because they pay dividends and are more liquid

Gold and silver ETFs are just not my thing.

gold and silver are the very cornerstones of modern technology and industrial production.
you can think of them like coal if the economy is a steamship. sure a steamship in theory can use a lot of other fuels anything that burns but coal is where it's at at the moment.

what i mean it is like storing oil but it keeps infinitely better and takes up less space and more transportable. the electronic industry will need these metals especially high-end electronics.

I don't know if I believe that

Majority of gold is used for jewelry or bars/coins

yet but every connector on the world needs gold film to prevent oxidation. and silver is the best conductor of all metals. copper is not bad tho. but copper will get more pricy over time and thus microelectronics won't have an incentive to move away from silver.

the gold film is like, nanometers thick to save on gold mate

doesn't matter it's not recovered. we just throw it away. sooner or later jewelry will be gold filmed only then not even that.

its pretty dead for me.. it only gets better if theres an economic downturn.. its not liquid enough, plus i lose around 3% spot value when i sell it... stocks and other investments have been more lucrative for me.. waiting 3 years for its value to increase is a fools game.. Thats why i only gold take up less than 5% of my portfolio

>waiting 3 years for its value to increase is a fools game
well i look at it like this. it is absolutely likely that there will be a point in the future where you can make your gains (unless you bought in a bubble) on gold you just can't know when beforehand. stocks can perform better sure but this is more simple and more safe bet. stocks can burn in a day gold is unlikely to lose all it's value overnight.

i do agree that gold will never lose value.. but its dead as a source of income

I bought all my gold during bear markets so i got them cheap, and it takes years for them to appreciate in value.. more slower than stocks.

i do love gold tho, since i diversify into PMs.. but i wouldnt hold all my wealth in PMs.. it just doesnt get the yields i want

but at the same time, i love a bit of gold, its good to feel secure you have something that gains value during a recession

i'm vary of the stock market.
you never seem to know what's really behind a company insider trading assholes have all the advantage. also right now the stocks are way over-appreciated to the dividends.

>from every angle.

What do you mean?

true.. stocks are a gamble really. and carry great risk... with gold, the risk is basically zero, but that also means the yields are quite abysmal too

Im not privy to any insider trading or what stocks will go to the moon.. i just diversify as much, and do a bit of research I get around 10% -14% p.a. with stocks so its some nice extra income.. but im all too aware, they i could lose all my money if the economy gets bad

availability ratios to gold vs price.
mining costs.
increasing industrial use.
it also been in a long bear market so it should go up after gold this effect can be multiplied if there is a shortage realized.

PMs have made a decent rebound this year after getting massacred the past four. I'm still holding on because I believe there is going to be a reset of the international monetary system. All this money-printing by practically every country on the face of the planet and there is still no real economic growth.

The big money this year, however, was in the PM mining stocks. I bought PAAS at the start of this month and am up 45%. Alas, I was too frightened by the even bigger massacre in mining stocks (I sold these off years ago) that I didn't buy last October or December when I saw the recommendation to buy. Also, my position in PAAS is about 0.5% of my position in physical PMs. LOL.

When it comes to investable assets, the mining stocks are about the only general class of things that looks relatively inexpensive. The run-up has been quite breathtaking, though, and I wonder if and when there is going to be a drawdown that shakes out a lot of people.

i'm betting silver will go above $28 in a year or two if there is a problem with economy or the usd then above $35.

Gold is less functional in electronics, yeah.

Silver on the other hand is in nearly everything; mirrors, blu ray discs I think, electronics, colloidal silver, etc.

And it's not recovered when this shit is thrown out or used up.

It's gotten to the point that there's more above-ground gold than silver. Silver is literally rarer than gold.

At the end of the day, metals are a buy-and-hold asset, not something you should bother playing like you would a stock in a company. A store of value and something to have when the market shits itself, which eventually it always does.

I buy mostly silver and some gold, about an 80/20 split. Currently hold about 200 oz silver, from old 90% U.S coinage, to 1 oz Maple Leafs, Eagles, and Britannias, to 1, 5 and 10 oz Sunshine Mint, Elemetal Mint and RMC rounds and bars. I prefer lower ounce measures to keep it easily divisible and easier to liquidate if need be.

What do you think of 40% Kennedy halves? They're usually frowned on, probably because they're only 40% silver, but they're often the cheapest over spot if you want U.S minted silver in low, highly divisible amounts.

well silver weighs a fuckton as it is if it's not even pure silver it just makes it harder to store and move.
then i don't trust old coins. if it's worn and oxidized i don't touch it. tons of fakes out there purposefully made worn looking.

Doesn't 20% VAT on silver in Europe kind of make it impossible for an individual to turn a profit on it? Even without capital gains tax, or am i missing something?
Buying gold just seems easier for the little guy.

Sounds like you're screwed in Europe. :) Putting a VAT on silver bullion is beyond belief. I guess the powers that be really want you to believe that the Euro will not lose purchasing power over the coming years.

If you're really interested in silver, you might want to check the laws on how the EU treats purchasing something like SLV or PSLV, financial securities that are backed by silver bullion.

Gold is, for many people, more difficult to buy than silver because of its higher price. The two PMs are also different with regard to their money-ness: gold is more like money than silver. Silver is more like a commodity than gold and will have higher volatility.

It's a hedge against the unthinkable (USD collapse), rising taxes and counterparty risk.

As such I consider it like an insurance policy right now, more than a solid investment.

yeah but estonia is vat free for certain silver products like bullion coins and eu law says you pay the vat in the country you purchase in. there are exceptions but silver is not among them.
so i buy from estonia.

So how will the upcoming elections effect bullion prices?

Should I buy bullion in the near future (next week) or wait until something happens to bring down the price? If so, what?

bump

Cashed out a bit yesterday to rebalance the portfolio.

its gotta break $1300 and hold above it for at least 6 months for me to buy more. i think its a bull trap and its gonna pull back to $1000, maybe even $900

that would be weird but not impossible. so you are saying i should sell and buy back later?

Hide the money aside to balance what he had in resource

i'm looking to gain not limit loss tho.
gold and silver is only like 5% of my savings.
i could get out of gold at a nice enough 20% profit right now.

Got me some IRL trumpcoin from some mexican garage sale for $1 each.

Also had some Hildalgo 5 peso coins but didn't know they had silver at the time.

why do silver coins look so different under camera?

Metal reflecting light I guess.

I was trying to show the engraving relief on the coin.

that wouldnt be weird at all. central banks dump gigantic naked shorts in the market on a regular basis and hammer down PM prices.

Are you accounting for the inflation its withheld?

Is it too late to get in on gold? How long will this run last?

Speculating on Gold/Silver is pretty retarded IMO but, all the alt-news I read about the PM market proves it's being fixed. Hell, DB actually came out and said we've been shorting it to the ground and said that other banks have too.

On top of this, you have Russia and China taking advantage of this to bulk buy massively over the past 4-5 years. China recently getting involved in setting the Gold Spot Price is also a BIG indicator that other countries outside of the West are focused on the PM market.

Now like I said, I wouldn't be speculating but, I'm always buying small bits and pieces to store my wealth and prepare what 'whatever is coming' in the currency wars. With interest rates at 0% and going negative added to run away inflation your savings in the bank are being eroded day-by-day.

Even if Gold rises only 1% this year, you've done better than keeping cash. Stocks are just such a bad idea at the moment, when the shit hits the fan buy big in some household name companies but risking cash when they are so obviously overpriced is what happened to millions of people in China last year.

till wednesday then its going below $800 an ounce, screenpost this

Yeah for sure buddy. The economy is so strong, everyone wants to trade in their high performing asset for some USD. Good joke.

Could be just massive short selling, if it breaks below current levels of support it 'could' drop that much. But, I doubt it would all in one go, maybe over a couple of months..

youl be sorry that you didnt make a SLIGHT profit off of gold while you could

they will be making LEGOS out of the nearly useless metal by the end of 2020

Oh, right. You're just a retard.

>Yellen, pls go.

I make a killing every year on gold and silver.
>MFW pawn broker with focus on metals
>MFW most 'generous' buyer in area
>MFW I know I've driven at least 4 other businesses out of business because they thought they could rip off their customers

and the chinks and russians take advantage of that lol. it's gonna stop soon enough. i think...

i'm not sure what you mean

Where do you guys buy your silver and gold at? online or locally

This company has already created over 430 millionaires in last 14 months. Check out the MLM charts

[email protected]

>thinking of cashing in soon, but i could see it continue to surge for a while
said everyone with his portfolio at the top

the FED itn's dead just yet. Stocks will grow. Sell gold and go for S&P