Veeky Forums interiors

Hey, since there was an actual discussion in the last one, let's have a nice interior inspo/advice thread. I'm currently re-furnishing my student apartment and I'd like to go for a darker atmosphere. Which plants would you recommend for this? Which ones are low-maintenance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XTs_TZFjbJ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i think i wil start throwing things away until my room is empty and im living like a monk with a computer

oh and here's a plants thing maybe there's something there

or walk into your local plant store and ask for something you can grow in a windowless bathroom so the lady doesn't think you are a weirdo that never opens his window during the day

Was thinking of getting a poster of Böcklin's Isle of the dead in black and white. Would this plant match the atmosphere created by that?

Thanks for that, which ones do you think would fit into that aesthetic?

Bumping

>Veeky Forums interiors
>posts some bland generic ass hipster boutique interior

How to achieve that japanese comfy style

Not really. Böcklins Isle is very melancholic, especially in black/white, whereas that plant has a very tropical vibe to it.

lmao fucking why

>He doesn't understand the idea of inspo
Inspo is for inspiration, i just liked the idea of clothes hanging/laying freely

Any suggestions? I don't know shit about plants t b h

Why don't you post some actually "/fa" interiors then

is that a rickenbacker

obviously

But it's actually someone's apartment, faggot. Why must you shit up every thread with your useless posts.

Cacti and succulents are fairly low maintenance, but they greatly benefit from a good deal of sunlight. Jungle cacti will do better in lower light environments.

Outside of that list with all the "impossible to kill" plants, it's kind of trial and error. I have some type of tropical plant that supposedly needs careful watering and lots of light, but I'm terrible with this shit and have failed to even slightly damage it.

I'll try to post some stuff with plants. Bear in mind I probably don't know what any of them are called or what kind of environment they thrive in.

I tried something like this, it gets too dusty...

YEAH WE GET IT, GREEN PLANTS

For (you)

no u

For fuck's sake, those are just planks on a window edge

This is about as inspirational as a photograph of a tshirt

>Mid-Century Modern getting some love

god bless all of you

>want to get a simple tee
>preferable if it's a certain color
>"hey user you should try this kind of tee"
>posts said tee
see what I did there?

muji

wouldn't the stacks of clothes get dusty?

sick
that's a lot of plants

i hate le module furniture meme. especially boxes. it screams non-committal and reminds me of pic related. No personality.

I'm going to have the nicest apartment when I finally move out of my moms

good luck.

i live in a dope apartment but im too poor/tired to decorate it. I got a decent sofa and bed and thats about it.

My only goal right now is to save up enough money to build a concrete box with windows to call a home.

sorry I can't post pics atm but any small-ish things I could add? have:
-record player + records
-plant (dracaena draco)
-sofa (black leather)
-coffee table (black wood)
-small persian rug (underneath coffee table)
-standing lamp (somewhat industrial looking, black)

was thinking maybe one more plant, also need to find some cool stuff to put on my wall. maybe someone has somewhere I can order a cool tapestry or something.

contrived

too clutter for the aesthetic but on the right track

kinda contradicts my last comment, but this is how you do cluttery right

feels like my parent's house

nightmarish but kinda cool

too much

nice and simple but a bit too mod

das it mane

concrete is really fucking cheap right now. a full truck is ten yards and runs you about 1000usd.

source. homebuilder

99.999% of houses have particle board side tables and tv stands, wall to wall carpets, weird wall colors, huge fat 90s couches, piles of glassware and pots and pans.

Why do people hate living in great places? it costs the same to have a dwell tier place as your regular amerifat place?

Is it possible to have a comfy Veeky Forums home?

That's actually really comforting to know. Now I just need land and an architect to design a box for me.

I never like any of the posts in these threads. I think what sets me off is the fixation with:

>White or concrete walls
>Large, open spaces, large windows
>Shabby/Industrial elements and random ephemera

I dunno, maybe you guys live in warmer climates, I can see why that might feel refreshing and breathable if you live in SoCal or somesuch.

But I prefer darker walls, well defined spaces, dramatic lighting and comfortable (but still aesthetically simple) furnishings. In the winter I want to feel cozy. In the summer I want to be able to sit in an alcove or sheltered seating, with a view of a garden or courtyard. Traditional Japanese courtyard gardens and Roman villas are major inspirations for me.

for what reason is this shopped?

this is fantastic

Design it yourself and it's free. an architect will gouge you for money and then ask you for more when they overlook a massive problem despite it being their job to ensure there is nothing wrong with the plans. Windows that are cookie cutter windows are very expensive.

This tbqh. I want to go full Muji-mode. But 0% plastic. I don't want plastic anything in my flat.

Is there any aspect of the pic you like in particular? I can post many more in the same vein of whatever in particular.

I'd also like to make an addendum to my previous post: I should say that I'm not necessarily adverse to large, open interior, however I think they are very difficult to do right. Too often in our society we focus only on the numbers of floorspace and roof height and end up overpaying for very vacuous space. I have 9-foot ceilings (all the buildings in town have them) and it drives me nuts that it makes my furniture look way too short and I have to find large, vertical art to create points of attraction on the wall.

Pic attached is obviously not a home, but is inspiration for what I'd like to see in a modern interpretation of a Roman villa, with a courtyard at center and smaller, simple alcove rooms surrounding.

I really hate that cow/bear/thing skin like leather on the floor

Do you have any more pictures of this house?
Or any info would be appreciated.

Everything looks bland, generics, tryhard. Like the decor equivalent of plaid shirt and beard hipster.

youtube.com/watch?v=XTs_TZFjbJ8

It's the "JD House" by BAK Architects.

Because it works perfectly

Why does he have two pairs of black sk8-his?

>owns more shoes than books

i would be so embarrassed to take a girl back to this place

S H U T
T H E
F U C K
U P

i said like one mean thing why are you so sensitive

Why not add a dentist's chair and some framed tax returns to fill out the "miserable and protracted experiences" atmosphere?

As much as I hate Igor, he has a bit of a point here. There isn't much variety in these threads, as with all inspo threads. But what do I know, I'm no interior designer.

Obnoxious show, good style

Framed photography or a painting would be good for walls.

because no one really cares about your opinion and would rather that you would contribute to the fucking thread.

dude you're not exactly contributing to the thread with these complaint posts

Are velvet couches considered tacky? I'd like to have one in my apartment, but I'm worried that they might give a sort of "gay sex party in the 70's" vibe.

This

On the one hand I want to do this and on the other hand I really like that tumblr/witch aesthetic where you just collect a shitload of weird, 3spoopy things and clutter your whole home with them.

Throwing stuff out is actually really hard, but I got rid of like 3 trash bags of shit last week and it feels good.

Agree about plastic. Everything should be wood or glass or paper.