Got job offered for $15/hr

>Got job offered for $15/hr
>It will take me several hours to commute

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO GUYS

It's good money RN but fukkkkkk that opportunity cost...

Move there, dumbass. And $15/hr isn't good money.

>Move there, dumbass

Moving over a $15/hr job?

>And $15/hr isn't good money

Yeah not as a career for sure but it's not bad either

Is there a reason why you need to stay where you are?

If so, it's not worth it. A car is thousands of dollars per year in gas and repairs. The time you spend on the road each way means you will be tired when you finally make it home and eat out more, spending yet more money, and have less time to improve your position for the next opportunity.

It will probably cost you 1/3 of the 30k you'd make in a year just to take that job. If you can get a position close by which pays less you're probably in a better position overall.

You think moving there is dumber than spending hours a day commuting? Maybe 3 hours total a day could be worth it but any more than that is just retarded. 15-20 extra hours a week wasted on your job and you don't even get paid, it costs you money.

>$15/hr
>several hours commute
>good from any perspective

F L Y O V E R
L
Y
O
V
E
R

Also, the hell that a commute is is not making up for the few dollars an hour you will earn. If wage is more than 45% better than what you could get close to you, maybe it's understandable, but you are spending most of that extra money on your car.

>t. Cuckifornian

>Captcha related

>Is there a reason why you need to stay where you are?

Not really. I live with my parents though. But I fucking hate living here, I'd really rather live closer to where that job would be.

Yeah you're right.

The opportunity cost isn't worth it i don't think. That's theoretically like $24/commute that I'm wasting time on. Fucking shame man. I wish i was closer.

Yeah you're right... God damn it guys

Why not just take the job and keep looking for something closer?

i don't know

should i take the job or not guys

Get a car you tramp. Or look for something else.

You should take the job assuming the commute isn't too insane. Anything less than 1.5 hours each way (3 hours per day) is not too insane. Unpleasant, but not insane. If you're talking about 45 minutes each way, suck it up.

The so-called opportunity cost is zero. What else are you going to be doing during that lost 1.5 hours? Are you making hundreds or thousands of dollars per hour?

Believe it or not, most people have commutes of roughly 30 minutes each direction. Some have it far worse if they live in particularly congested parts of the country. That's life for most people; get used to it.

If you can catch a bus and that's your 3 hour daily commute then that's a different story, but a 3 hour car drive isn't worth it at all.

>If you can catch a bus and that's your 3 hour daily commute then that's a different story,

It would be this one.

>Anything less than 1.5 hours each way

It would probably be a bit more than this.

>The so-called opportunity cost is zero. What else are you going to be doing during that lost 1.5 hours? Are you making hundreds or thousands of dollars per hour?

But my point is that if *INSTEAD* of this job I just went to a mcdonalds right nearby that's 10 minute walk I could work those 3 extra hours per day instead of sitting in a boring fucking bus next to some greasy niggers in which I can't do much of anything anyways.

Couple of points:

You can listen to audio books if you drive yourself. If you ride a bus, you can read books.

This $15/hr job is kind of dead-end? Then maybe you have a point. However, if there is some sort of professional growth opportunity, you should take it.

Depends on how badly you need the money. You could do it and actively try to look for another job (if you have any energy left after an 11 hour plus day). You could do it for a few months to make some money and quit if it gets too much.

If you are bussing it, that might be great dedicated time for reading or listening to podcasts, etc., and some people may really like this opportunity to be forced to read/learn. Others may just be the reading type.

Unless you can learn some valuable skills/experience from the job, I'd probably try to look for a job closer, even if it were lower paying.

>If you ride a bus, you can read books.

Naaaah the shaking really doesn't help one bit.

>This $15/hr job is kind of dead-end? Then maybe you have a point.

Probably so. It's like a labor job

Don't they pay you $15/hr to assemble sandwiches now?

>get up at 4 am
>take 3 hour cuckbus to 15/hr job

Lmao

OK GUYS DO I TAKE IT OR NOT

Take the job and keep applying to jobs that are better.

If you weren't born rich you're gonna have to suffer these things. Welcome to the majority of the human population, enjoy doing all the work so some effeminate suit can profit off it by doing fuckall.

Hi OP

Keep your chin up. You gotta start somewhere.

If it's a 3 hour bus ride it's likely a 30 minute car trip. This equates to about a 60 minute bike ride. And most buses have spots for bikes on the front so you're sorted if you get a flat. Biking will give you energy in the morning and help you reclaim free time in the evening.

Make your own lunches. Spend your lunch break decompressing.

Look for opportunities to advance your skill set in this new job. Look for advancement opportunities as well but employers rarely promote from within these days.

Keep looking for better jobs and don't quit believing in yourself and believing that you can attain better

Thanks but it's definitely not bikable.

I'm really starting to doubt whether it's worth it or not, the commute really is a dealbreaker... Damn I wish I lived closer, this sucks

OP you didnt give us enough info.
>what is the job? be specific
>what is the alternative? (what else do you have going for you?)
>is the job in a field you are interested in?
>what area of the country are you in? (pay is different everywhere)
>what is your longterm career goal?

I don't want to talk about it

You'll bully me

why? You're a random stranger. We all worked first jobs at some point. If you want help, answer those questions and Ill give you my best advice possible
>late 20s, semi successful here

>>what is the job? be specific
Warehouse shit
>>what is the alternative? (what else do you have going for you?)
I'm a NEET
>>is the job in a field you are interested in?
Not really applicable
>>what is your longterm career goal?
I want to study Economics.

my total commute time for work is about an hour. And it's still devastating on my morale. That extra 5 hours a week driving, + the fact that I usually scramble to get to work and end up eating out ($40 a week on food because of work). + my junk SUV which guzzles gasoline ($60 a week). It's not even worth it, but I have no other options at the moment, finishing school, saving up for a well deserved vacation. My prospects suck rn. I get paid $13 an hour + commission. Pre tax I average around 15-16$ an hour. It's really not worth it if you will be doing 3 hours.

You're right dude.

But I'm a NEET, honestly I'd probably be sitting at home posting on Veeky Forums or fapping to traps.

So stop being a NEET man. You are already on the right track. Just start going to local businesses and asking to apply. Hit up every place where you think you might have something to contribute. Any skill at all. Prepare to answer basic interview question i the mirror. Dress nice, but not over the top, you are still a NEET. Be polite, be stern, and be charismatic.

Man...

I'm thinking of moving closer to the job. I've been wanting to move out for a while and now's my chance really.

Then do that. idk what to tell you. If you can afford to get out, then just do it.

but muh savings...

fuck man why is this so damn hard

OP, do it. See if you can last two weeks. You can quite at ANY TIME, but at least get a taste of working and a paycheck (the first will suck, the second one will be alright). Good luck.

Kek, trucker here making $30/h

My commute is part of the job, thus paid.

Relocate.

Go live in a dumpster or camp in the park nearby, You story will be told for generations!!

3 hours on the bus is less than an hour in a car. Take the job and get some wheels and then you dont have a horrible commute.

Its much easier to save money when you have little free time. You wouldnt be working full time at mcdonalds anyways

>15/hr is good money

Sorry NEET supreme we don't all make $60/hr starting with our 4.0 GPA from ivy league school degrees

take the job. take any job. Sometimes the best motivation is getting a taste of money and hating your circumstances