Watch thread general

Shout outs to the guy that convinced me to get the chairman, just came in the mail and it's definitely one of the more interesting time pieces I own

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Casio-A158WA-1DF-Stainless-Steel-Digital/dp/B000GAYQJ0/ref=pd_sim_241_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000GAYQJ0&pd_rd_r=P625RQ2H8TRT3Y09J6WH&pd_rd_w=G9rVf&pd_rd_wg=mMy97&psc=1&refRID=P625RQ2H8TRT3Y09J6WH
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTY.
>WEARING WATCHES.

IF ONE IS NOT IN A RURAL SETTING, AWAY FROM CIVILIZATION, OR PRACTICING A SPORT ACTIVITY, A WATCH IS SUPERFLUOUS.

I bought that watch from a tourist trap street seller at Tiannamen square in Beijing on a China trip. It was like 3€ and I thought it was funny at first but broke after exactly one month. The strap it came with was disgusting as fuck too.
Hope you didn't get ripped off with that absolute piece of shit, user.

It's a nice accessory and keeps you from pulling out your phone every instance you want to see the time, don't see why you think it's superfluous

I got it for a few bucks and definitely agree with you on the strap, it refuses to cling to your wrist. Changing the strap isn't that bad a price to pay for having an adorable dictator wave at any anti-Veeky Forumsscists that gazes on it

there's plenty of situations for working people where checking your watch is much more polite than checking your phone

on a date too, I think

You just can't break unreasonable habit, that's all

Wow that's some flawless logic, sure have me beat

It's like it's a habit for you to wear watches, and you're incapable to challenge yourself into thinking about how watches actually are important, and how wearing watches isn't worth the price anymore.

>pulling out phones is impolite
>girls also don't like it

Only jobless virgins think about this. Break your habit, question everything, stop being consevative that can't adopt new things

>isn't worth the price anymore.

Good meme most people just get dad's hand me down Omega Speedmaster from the 1970s

Okay, so what is it for ? Telling time ? In an era where you can get time from your phone ? time telling from watches is getting less and less valueable.

At least you got that omega for free.

It's faster to the check the time on the watch rather than to bring up some huge ass memetic brick of a modern day cellphone from the pocket.

>Mao's hands aren't the watch hands

Disappointing.

Aesthetic? The watch is 25 y o

Are you a mugger?

Some of us have jobs where it is rude to check your phone at certain times, you wouldn't know.

Just ordered this for myself.

You have 10 seconds to prove that the 2254 isn't Omega's best Seasmaster.

[spoiler]You can't[/spoiler]

I need a cheap, basic af wristwatch, is the f91w suited only for terrorwave? What about the A158WA?

It is impolite or at least feels impolite. There's no good way to surreptitiously look at your phone whereas you can easily do that with a watch.

fuck that's ugly.

w2c

cop?
amazon.com/Casio-A158WA-1DF-Stainless-Steel-Digital/dp/B000GAYQJ0/ref=pd_sim_241_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000GAYQJ0&pd_rd_r=P625RQ2H8TRT3Y09J6WH&pd_rd_w=G9rVf&pd_rd_wg=mMy97&psc=1&refRID=P625RQ2H8TRT3Y09J6WH

Hey, anyone know what brand/model this is?

>XD MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN

lol ok what's your job

if you are some desk jockey, of course your phone is fine. I'm with clients all day. I can't pull out my phone to check the time.

looks nice bud

looks kinda boring

it's a $12 watch, why are you asking us?

Nice looking watch I really like the face, what model is it?
Generic looking watch, quite boring imo.
What are peoples thoughts on this watch?
Stainless steel or Melano leather strap?
I like the minimal look it has and the rounded glass on the face.
Anyone know any other watches with a rounded face around the same price point (US$229.)?

that swatch looks great.
wanna cop it next.

Dumping my digital watch "collection"

Nothing crazy, but maybe some people find it interesting.

Friendly reminder that dive watches are an abomination

lol I had one of those

if you have arm hair don't get it

my new to me 50s UN diver!

>Called a Seamaster boring and generic
>Posts Brathwait
You fucking what?

Picked this up from a thrift the other day. Pretty kitsch but I like it.

needs more digital watch harvest

meme watch

Fuckkkkk I need me one of these digital soviet watches

>Nice looking watch I really like the face, what model is it?

It's a Seagull 1963. Which is a reissue of a 1963 Chronograph produced for the Chinese airforce.

You can pick one up for around 200 euros.

Coped this particular one from some old thrift market dude for 5€.
The battery was dead.

Right is my daily, Left is my formal.

What models are these?

FET0T002S0 (sun and moon) & FEM65006D (mako pepsi bezel)

I do, really like those early digital watches user, nice collection - anything you're looking to add to it?

Why are chinese watches always so fucking huge?

Like 44mm with 22mm straps.

Wouldn't they look silly on tiny asian girl wrists?

Where can I purchase a watch with Mickey Mouse in an SS uniform? I believe it's called "Mouseschwitz".

DUDE REFERENCE

Is there any Veeky Forums guide into watches?

I'm looking for a rather flat watch with relatively clean face, semi-formal, none of this diver clunky shit.

I know nothing about brands or mechanisms and there are pseudo designer brand watches popping all around, they look relatively nice but I bet they are shit quality.

I'd like to hear opinions

Orient Bambino.

"Designer" watches are just cheap Chinese quartz crap with fashion names stamped on. (much like designer clothing)

I was looking into similar Orient actually. Are there some alternatives as well?

awesome

How about no Japanese copycat-watch.

That being said, I have Seiko SKX.

gonna get an olive NATO strap for it

>Bauhaus
>minimalistic
>quartz

You know how I can tell you don't like watches?

best in thread

Where to buy this, also cool collection

beautiful.

But it's just plain and with a picture of a bird

I like how it's a 4 o'clock crown. it's a bit too simple for my taste however, nice motive or not.

What is this?

Just ordered this

Elektronika 5, it's a soviet watch form the 70's/80's.
You should be able to find some models on Ebay.

>display in English
>case in Russian

Why does your Soviet electronika clearly have western internals?
I think it's a franken watch, probably Casio inside.

Because it has Casio insides.
Like i said, bought it for 5€ so i didn't really care.

This and the 1963 Seagull are the cheapest mechanical chronographs on the market.

Also Alpha has a fucking horrible logo and their watches would instantly get better if they fucked off.

>When someone posts a picture of their $800 watch and says "it's good for the price"

Fuck off millionaire reeeee

Congrats m9

Fake af

This is being sold for a pretty low price, wondering how fake this is?

Seriously, get a Rodina. It's a Chinese Nomos (medium-high segment brand) knockoff. Rodina copies the outstanding design pretty well (which reputable watchmakers also did). The watch is not too pricy, but you get an automatic watch wich is reliable. Rodina has 'China made' on it. They take pride in that. It's not really a knockoff, it's a slightly worse but much cheaper hommage.

pretty cool

some light but grippy shooting gloves would complete that robber aesthetic

>2017
>dropping money on big name watches instead of wearing the realest looking fake rolex from canal st
>not paying $40 max

ask a watch forum not Veeky Forums lol

That strap screams cheap fake (around 20-30)

If you're going to buy a replica watch for $40, you may as well buy an authentic Timex for $40. The former is infinitely tackier, do you have a fake Goyard wallet too?

Timex ez reader with nato strap

R8.

Recent purchase with my bonus, nothing amazing, I'm not very senior yet. Omega Speedmaster 3881.50.37 Broad Arrow.

Whoever is in charge of fonts at Timex needs to be slapped. Yeah its easy to read, but I just hate their fonts.

Not bad, check this one out though. Anyone know w2c one of these?

I assume w2c means where to procure one of them. Amazon obviously.

I just got the F105W-1A Illuminator. Pretty much the same thing with an illuminated back instead of the little lightbulb sorta thing. Such a tiny and comfy watch I forgot I was wearing it at work until it beeped on the hour.

Moonwatch with a leather band is the best Omega has

I got one of those, pretty good for 8$.

Ebay mao zhe dong watch, some are as cheap as 3 bucks!

>Strap is designed to look like a Nato strap but isn't one

>not knowing nylon straps existed before NATO straps existed

I've had mine since november, absolutely lovely watch.

Veeky Forums thoughts?

I will never understand people trying to reinvent the wheel. Just wear a classic watch when it's supposed to be worn, or don't wear it at all. This shit looks like something a 12 year old would wear.